Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

1 hour ago, Swaydeto said:

Anyone had an email for refunds ect 

Nothing yet. I bought mine from ticketmaster.

Ryanair cancelled our flights. Really surprised as O'Leary was saying just last week he intended to be flying 1000s of flights a day by July so was worried that there would be no festival but flights would be going and therefore not get money back.

Also they are in such a mess regarding timely refunds for everyone thought they would buy themselves at least an extra month if they could as no rush to them to cancel now??

52 minutes ago, Cactusgirl said:

Ryanair cancelled our flights. Really surprised as O'Leary was saying just last week he intended to be flying 1000s of flights a day by July so was worried that there would be no festival but flights would be going and therefore not get money back.

Also they are in such a mess regarding timely refunds for everyone thought they would buy themselves at least an extra month if they could as no rush to them to cancel now??

Our flights were canceled yesterday as well. But don't worry, they will buy themselves some time. I spoke to the help desk and they won't process the refunds until after they are back at the office. And it's not just the regulations, they have to reconstruct the office for social distancing. After that it will take 7-10 days to refund. One of my friends flights to Italy were canceled more than a month ago and still no sign of his money. 

• Upvote 1

Ya my Ryanair flights got cancelled yesterday too happy days, still waiting for refund info for madcool , still think I'll be screwed with the hotel

Any one book with Iberia/Easyjet? Booked Iberia there, and Easyjet back from Bilbao as I was hoping to travel there after the fest.

Regarding Ryanair, I contacted them for a refund (different flight, unrelated trip) a while back, they said they issued it but I have yet to receive it (Applied on 15/03). Pretty rubbish tbh.

50 minutes ago, asiankwok said:

Any one book with Iberia/Easyjet? Booked Iberia there, and Easyjet back from Bilbao as I was hoping to travel there after the fest.

Regarding Ryanair, I contacted them for a refund (different flight, unrelated trip) a while back, they said they issued it but I have yet to receive it (Applied on 15/03). Pretty rubbish tbh.

Booked both ways with Iberia. Currently  can only get vouchers from them and if you're flights before June 30 so just a waiting game I guess 

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Booked both ways with Iberia. Currently  can only get vouchers from them and if you're flights before June 30 so just a waiting game I guess 

You can now also request a refund. That requires a phone call, expensive one I imagine. But that applies to cancelled flights, my return leg hasn't yet been. So you're right about the waiting game.

Gorillaz and Tame Impala at Primavera next year. Oh god please let it happen.

reading the statement mad cool put out again it really gives the indication they are going ahead next year. Here’s hoping for a lineup announcement sooner rather than later

Edited by robmongascy
  • Upvote 2

That PS lineup is stacked. Hopefully an indication that next year's festivals are in for a treat across the board. PS got some great names there. Hopefully considering the circumstances, next year they can share a few of those great names. 

Twenty One Pilots announced their first EU show for next July. Looks like they’ll be back. Looking at other Rescheduled bands we might have :

Twenty One Pilots, Foals, The Killers, Faith No More, Kings Of Leon, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Nine Inch Nails are apparently touring from early- mid June. Trent visually enjoyed himself last time they played and said it was beyond what he expected. Be good to have them back if their tour goes on that long.

Any idea when they will start refunding ? Am I right to assume they have 14 days to refund from when it was supposed to be on? 

Booked with Iberia - flight was cancelled last Monday. Called them for refund, 3 minute wait time, money in my bank today 👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traci said:

Booked with Iberia - flight was cancelled last Monday. Called them for refund, 3 minute wait time, money in my bank today 👏🏼👏🏼

Did you get an email to say the flight has been cancelled? I've just tied to get a refund now and they say they wont give it to me yet as the flight (on 8th July) has not yet been cancelled, even though it doesn't show up on their website as a flight I can book.

I phoned Iberia too, cancelled the flights, buy they told me it could take a month or more to process the refund request and that I'll only be notified once they have processed it. 

For those of you that got Airbnb’s they extended their extenuating circumstances policy yesterday to refund bookings made before March 14th for check-in before July 15th. Sent off my cancellation request yesterday, accepted in a few hours and money in the bank today :) 

My plane to Madrid is not canceled and as I know Spain open borders on 1 July, so if nothing will be changed, I will fly, unfortunately, Madrid is a little bit boring for 6 days I think :)

10 hours ago, Traci said:

lol I am still waiting for a refund of a flight cancelled in early March from Alitalia, good for you!

14 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

I’m wondering about when they will start issuing refunds!

I think officially the festival is still on, so you'll need to wait a bit more.

17 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

I’m wondering about when they will start issuing refunds!

Spain's government have just approved a 2 week extension to their state of emergency (till 21st June), which they said is going to the last one. I have a feeling they may wait till this ends before announcing anything.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:31 AM, PintoMcGuinness said:

Did you get an email to say the flight has been cancelled? I've just tied to get a refund now and they say they wont give it to me yet as the flight (on 8th July) has not yet been cancelled, even though it doesn't show up on their website as a flight I can book.

Yes I received an email from them to say the flight had been cancelled 

• Upvote 1