Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

01967A54-C436-4D3A-B4FB-9FACB0E3A557.thumb.png.d3663c3f8b74cee69d34cafc5f04c4fb.png

looking at the mad cool t’s and c’s a you won’t get a full refund whatever. Whether they just plan to deduct the booking fee isn’t really clear to me but it clearly states a full refund isn’t paid in case of force majeure....

54 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Oh I wasn't holding any hope that it could ahead....I am just saying that Mad Cool could following suit and officially cancel in coming days too.

Refunds are worrying considering the uncertainty of the festival's existence beyond this virus.

Couldn’t agree more - and I went for VIP 😂

It’s obviously getting cancelled they are just waiting for the government to shut them down so it’s force majeure. Same for all the festivals.

It's like they are playing chicken with the government. It's only crappy to tease people when literally everything points to cancellation. They really shouldnt be planting seeds of hope in any shape or form. Odd.

• Like 1

Have a feeling they are also biding their time so that when the cancellation comes they can say 'we keep so and so from 2020 please keep your tickets.'  After reading a few of the things put out by former Taylor Swift headed festivals today it seems they're all looking to secure her again but arent compeltely outwardly saying so 

They are also tweeting that they are awaiting “protocol” to be established regarding refunds. I imagine the protocol will be we don’t get one 🤷🏼‍♀️

BDBF927F-ADF3-46F4-BA4B-D1A96AABA627.png

Edited by Burrito88

31 minutes ago, Swaydeto said:

Can’t believe there’s still no announcement 

Yep, coming up to my 3rd payment. Tempted to cancel buy they surely with any sort of backlash they'll offer some form of refunds. 

Edited by Milo2406

15 hours ago, Milo2406 said:

Yep, coming up to my 3rd payment. Tempted to cancel buy they surely with any sort of backlash they'll offer some form of refunds. 

My last payment is 9th of may. My guess is they will still take it even if the event is cancelled but if I cancel the last payment then they will probably use it against giving me a refund. I have 4 tickets as well , what a mess

4 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

My last payment is 9th of may. My guess is they will still take it even if the event is cancelled but if I cancel the last payment then they will probably use it against giving me a refund. I have 4 tickets as well , what a mess

Managed to make my last payment last month. Struggling with money at the moment and the refund would be a great help at this point.

This playing chicken with the government is actually affecting lives.

53 minutes ago, Swaydeto said:

I just have a feeling we won’t get any sort of refund

Im hoping that if they tried that they will get some sort of backlash, ideally from artists. 

Im 50/50 myself and have a little hope which is why I'm not cancelling my payment, risky and maybe foolish but gotta hope. 

Hopefully they can arrange to make some sort of deal which lets them keep the site for an extra year and carry over tickets to next year, with the option of refunds. That’s probably the best scenario tbh.

the lack of information from mad cool is making me think they’re trying to secure the site for next year before making any sort of announcement 

Edited by robmongascy

9 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Hopefully they can arrange to make some sort of deal which lets them keep the site for an extra year and carry over tickets to next year, with the option of refunds. That’s probably the best scenario tbh.

the lack of information from mad cool is making me think they’re trying to secure the site for next year before making any sort of announcement 

I may be well off but think the problem with the site next year is that it's meant to be built on! 

At this point, even if things opened up and I was able to make it overseas, I don't think taking the chance is worth it. I'd rather take the financial hit than go.

Our AirBnB cancelled on us yesterday due to Covid which has been better than us having to cancel as got full refund instead of the 50% if we had cancelled.

No idea what refund will be from MadCool. But with Spain relaxing social distancing, flights might be running normally by July and therefore won't get a refund for those!