Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

2 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

I’m not even sure how to stop the payments other than to say my card has been lost 😭

I'd still suggest contacting them - always worth a try.

If you don't get a response, and you keep paying, then the worst that can happen is you lose the final payments you've made (if you stop you probably lose what you've paid already anyway). I know that may seem like a lot, especially if you've lost work due to Covid, but you were originally also planning to pay out on flights and accommodation,  which you wouldn't be if things get cancelled, and if you're stuck inside like the rest of us, you're likely not spending much money either. 

I obviously don't know your situation, and I know from personal experience that a lot of people are struggling financially, but if the worst thing that happens to any of us this year is the loss of the price of a couple of Mad Cool tickets, then we'll have been very lucky.

Try to stay positive and look forward to your next gig when this is all over 🙂 

On 4/2/2020 at 12:29 PM, sariris said:

How? they wouldn't have to pay the artists and some other stuff...  xxialac is talking about a situation that won't be happening for sure. I would agree if it was weather related, but this is not the same situation.

And about what xxialac said, don't make assumptions about people you don't know anything about. It's true that I didn't get what you said (and sorry for that), and I would agree with you if Mad Cool was a small festival BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LIVE NATION FOR GOD'S SAKE THEY WON'T BANKRUPT LOL do you even know the festival???? they have A LOT of money (Madrid also gave them money last year for the making of Mad Cool 2020)

Anyways, you can find all the information here https://www.ocu.org/ you can even call to ask about this situation, they will tell you what I said.

To prove my point (which you reacted so strongly against, showing a fundamental lack of understanding about business), Bonnaroo Festival has just announced no refunds.

Who is Bonnaroo owned by?

Live Nation.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

To prove my point (which you reacted so strongly against, showing a fundamental lack of understanding about business), Bonnaroo Festival has just announced no refunds.

Who is Bonnaroo owned by?

Live Nation.

I thought it was rescheduled as opposed to cancelled. Of course if you can’t make the new dates and it doesn’t sell out that would kinda suck....

Just now, Steve. said:

I thought it was rescheduled as opposed to cancelled. Of course if you can’t make the new dates and it doesn’t sell out that would kinda suck....

Absolutely right. The point here is that having a 'rich parent' didn't guarantee refunds.

And my original comment was about how irresponsible it was to guarantee at this stage that MadCool will refund people. I think they will, but no one can promise that. If MadCool doesn't have enough money in their account, it doesn't matter who the owner is...

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Absolutely right. The point here is that having a 'rich parent' didn't guarantee refunds.

And my original comment was about how irresponsible it was to guarantee at this stage that MadCool will refund people. I think they will, but no one can promise that. If MadCool doesn't have enough money in their account, it doesn't matter who the owner is...

Yes sure, if any of these companies go bankrupt there won’t be refunds....I’m about 1,000 euros deep for summer festivals/gigs this year so hope it doesn’t come to that 😬

18 minutes ago, Steve. said:

Yes sure, if any of these companies go bankrupt there won’t be refunds....I’m about 1,000 euros deep for summer festivals/gigs this year so hope it doesn’t come to that 😬

Sounds bad, sorry to hear that. 

Think there will be a mix of full refunds, defer ticket to next year and in a few cases no refunds. Suspect Mad Cool will be in the first camp but definitely still needs to be confirmed.

56 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

So do we think MCR or The Strokes will replace Billie Eilish as headliner ? 

No.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

There goes Roskide. Shared a few acts as well. They gave the option to transfer or refund so at least thats something!

Mad cool still seems to be going ahead they posted something about 21 pilots on Instagram and I don’t understand Spanish but one comment in English in reply to someone they said they’re still gonna be sending out wristbands ect so god knows what’s going on 

I think that Mad Cool just like other festivals are waiting for government decision to cancel. You can check Hellfest statement via google translate: https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/entreprises/crise-du-coronavirus/info-ouest-france-coronavirus-pourquoi-le-hellfest-2020-se-prepare-un-report-d-un-6799786?fbclid=IwAR2-Xk9hfSSupUvrI869jdIKQ03n5Oo3iE0kEFWsQwMcGODnZJw1Nt7EeIQ

Unfortunately no festivals this summer :(

Edited by qz3

11 minutes ago, qz3 said:

I think that Mad Cool just like other festivals are waiting for government decision to cancel. You can check Hellfest statement via google translate: https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/entreprises/crise-du-coronavirus/info-ouest-france-coronavirus-pourquoi-le-hellfest-2020-se-prepare-un-report-d-un-6799786?fbclid=IwAR2-Xk9hfSSupUvrI869jdIKQ03n5Oo3iE0kEFWsQwMcGODnZJw1Nt7EeIQ

Unfortunately no festivals this summer :(

Very interesting, and makes a great deal of sense. 

The shocking part is that they actually had insurance to cover pandemics, but the insurance company is claiming it doesn't cover this one!

On 4/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, bluenova said:

Very interesting, and makes a great deal of sense. 

The shocking part is that they actually had insurance to cover pandemics, but the insurance company is claiming it doesn't cover this one!

That's not much of a shocker really. Given a chance, most insurance companies will do anything to avoid such a large payout. This will be heading to either arbitration or court.

Edit: and also, the promotion they are still doing might just be the extra proof they need for the insurance company that they were willing to put this festival on, but were simply not able to. Maybe it's farfetched, but you never know.

Edited by The Black

40 minutes ago, The Black said:

That's not much of a shocker really. Given a chance, most insurance companies will do anything to avoid such a large payout. This will be heading to either arbitration or court.

Edit: and also, the promotion they are still doing might just be the extra proof they need for the insurance company that they were willing to put this festival on, but were simply not able to. Maybe it's farfetched, but you never know.

I'm not shocked that the insurers act that way :)

The second part wouldn't surprise me - although it's probably just one of many factors. Mitigation is likely to be part of any contract, so even if they are 99% sure July is out, they may need to proceed as if it isn't.

Hanging around waiting is probably better than Primavera where people are now worrying about hotels/flights for a second set of dates that is still unlikely.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:18 PM, Swaydeto said:

So when realistically do you think cancellation will be announced? Madness

The Killers still haven't made any announcements yet and they're scheduled to play in May, MCR  still not cancelled their uk shows & same as Rammstein (Both in Jue). Both playing football stadiums so will be hard just to postpone.

The Killers have announced via instagram live that they are postponing their whole 2020 tour to 2021. Google it somewhere, i think its also on NME.

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

The Killers still haven't made any announcements yet and they're scheduled to play in May, MCR  still not cancelled their uk shows & same as Rammstein (Both in Jue). Both playing football stadiums so will be hard just to postpone.

dude 2020 is OFF

I would expect an announcement once the government forbids mass public events in July.

3 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Rock Werchter officially cancelled. You'd imagine Mad Cool is imminent.

More so given that Pukklepop at the end of August also off.

Wonder if Primavera will move to October ;)

Can’t believe anyone would still think it’s on.

Cant wait for the inevitable shit storm over ticket refunds 

ANY other festival and I’d feel a lot more confident

Oh I wasn't holding any hope that it could ahead....I am just saying that Mad Cool could following suit and officially cancel in coming days too.

Refunds are worrying considering the uncertainty of the festival's existence beyond this virus.