Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

28 minutes ago, Hbn1 said:

Told you, it's happening!!!

this post aged so well

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pughpughbarneymagrew said:

I am delighted with that result! Have been pimping for Royal Blood for months. But can see why people are pissed, neither are really headliners ...

Let's be fair, despite the dislike of Mumford, there's no doubt they're headliners. Royal Blood very much on the small side, but they'll go down very well on the night, I'm sure. 

2 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Its not just being a Strokes fan why I am left annoyed...or the fact that I cant stand M&S.....its the fact that we are in this situation due to their own errors. I will be selling my ticket and going elsewhere. 

Where will you sell it? Just looking at festicket and I didn’t choose the cancellation insurance 🙄 I’m still paying instalments for the 4 day pass

Just now, Guernica said:

I’m gutted we’re not getting MCR or The Strokes but tbh the lineup as a whole is pretty spectacular. Maybe we’re all being a bit greedy expecting everyday to be perfect

Check NOS, Roskilde or Rock werchter

The Friday is dire. Few decent things early on but doubt I’ll be spending a lot of time there that night. No idea why we had to wait so long for Friday headliners when they’re as bad as this

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Very curious for the next years. For example, they offered a lot more money for Kendrick than Bilbao, but his agent refused. He has shown no interest to work with them, and that’s just one example...

any other examples?

Having lost Kendrick and Strokes as headliners is really shameful for Mad Cool. It's the worst line-up of Mad Cool ever (I've been to all editions)

Btw, it's probably the last year of Mad Cool as they are having big problems with Madrid's town hall.

1 minute ago, Guernica said:

I’m gutted we’re not getting MCR or The Strokes but tbh the lineup as a whole is pretty spectacular. Maybe we’re all being a bit greedy expecting everyday to be perfect

I totally agree with this, 

The whole line up is very strong. 

Just now, rfnd91 said:

They didn't add even 

How @Ken19 do you have so much knowledge regarding Mad Cool?

He's in the know for Belgian festivals (especially Rock Werchter) and the information circles around so he knows bits and pieces for the rest of Europe 

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

The Friday is dire. Few decent things early on but doubt I’ll be spending a lot of time there that night. No idea why we had to wait so long for Friday headliners when they’re as bad as this

Cause their planned ones pulled out so they had nothing to announce..

Was planning to do this over Werchter (Wed and Thurs are spectacular) but this is getting a bit ridiculous. It makes the Friday really bland overall, but I think the price increase situation is worse than the actual announcement. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Cause their planned ones pulled out so they had nothing to announce..

Seemed to take a long time though

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

do you know what happened to tame impala?

It was never their intention to do festivals in 2020. Because of the tour last year. There were some negotiations with festivals, and they created a gap in their US tour, you never know. 
But it is far more lucrative for them to do a festivaltour next year. Interesting to see first how their arena tour will sell. 

• Upvote 1

As expected, Instagram says this announcement concludes the lineup.

And what a sad conclusion this is. 

Well, not even worth mentioning about Mumford as we all seem to think the same. Bumping Alt-J is an admission that its overall fairly poor.

Its hardly a Triumvirate of headliners.

Actually, I like Royal Blood but like others have said they should not be headlining this. The only silver lining in for me is that I am also going to Victorious and my partner wants to see Nile Rodgers which might clash with RB. So we can see Royal Blood here and go see Nile & Chic in Portsmouth.

This is so poor.

2 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

Having lost Kendrick and Strokes as headliners is really shameful for Mad Cool. It's the worst line-up of Mad Cool ever (I've been to all editions)

Btw, it's probably the last year of Mad Cool as they are having big problems with Madrid's town hall.

The main lesson is: don’t start a 4 day festival if your deals are not signed! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

The main lesson is: don’t start a 4 day festival if your deals are not signed! 

why were they so desperate to move to a 4 day festival?

3 minutes ago, Hbn1 said:

no need for you to exist

Why do you even use forums ? Post false rumours and just insult others.

Should probably look for a better hobby.

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

As expected, Instagram says this announcement concludes the lineup.

And what a sad conclusion this is. 

Maybe I'm out of touch, but last year's final announcement had more than a dozen bands that I'd heard of. Apart from Mumford and Royal Blood, I haven't heard of anybody on this list.

Just now, bluenova said:

Maybe I'm out of touch, but last year's final announcement had more than a dozen bands that I'd heard of. Apart from Mumford and Royal Blood, I haven't heard of anybody on this list.

Think i'm in the same boat, there's a famous saying 'Save the best til last' can anybody translate  and send to MC ;).