Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, jordiskim said:

Remember that there are 2 headline slots, so it could be Mumford and an american band. 

Im not an insider but considering the budget of Cruilla festival in spain at least one of the headliners won't be very "expensive"

Mumford and Sons fits perfect with that description and the strokes played at Loola last year so tomorrow they are not going to anounce The Strokes. 

I was discussing that before and I thought the same but I think they're lacking another top artist and I don't think it's mumford... really, they don't have any dates announced (well, one, in march, that's it) nor are touring...

I have the feeling it's Miley Cyrus, tbh...

As for the insider, I don't know, the fact that he messed up with Tame Impala made me think that he doesn't really know who are the headliners, at all. Like, the things he said were true, okay, but if he wasn't right about Tame Impala, why would he be right about Mumford?? I think he wasn't the first to come up with them in this forum though...

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

How about Stevie Nicks or Miley Cyrus with Rosalia?

imo Stevie Nicks is not Mad Cool material, she would rather play Primavera Sound...

Miley Cyrus and Rosalia could happen but I think I wouldn't like it at all. + Rosalia is more in the states now hahaha like, she totally forgot about Spain. Aaaand I don't think she's touring in 2020. It's just like Mumford, why her? she's not touring, she's just hanging with the Kardashians and maybe recording new stuff, but that's it.

33 minutes ago, sariris said:

What insider? that person who said that it was gonna be tame impala????

Take EVERYTHING you read with a grain of salt, please. I could easily say "hey I know stuff and it's going to be THIS BAND THAT IS NOT RUMORED ANYWHERE" Would you trust me at all? I wouldn't trust myself tbh

Like I said, it looks like it's an american band/artist...

Who did say that Tame Impala was headlining Mad Cool? Which insider?

The only real insider here, has said several times in the last months that no european festivals for Tame Impala until 2021.

Edited by johnybegood

12 minutes ago, sariris said:

I was discussing that before and I thought the same but I think they're lacking another top artist and I don't think it's mumford... really, they don't have any dates announced (well, one, in march, that's it) nor are touring...

I have the feeling it's Miley Cyrus, tbh...

As for the insider, I don't know, the fact that he messed up with Tame Impala made me think that he doesn't really know who are the headliners, at all. Like, the things he said were true, okay, but if he wasn't right about Tame Impala, why would he be right about Mumford?? I think he wasn't the first to come up with them in this forum though...

have you looked at his posts from late last year? look at them and tell me he doesn't know his stuff

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

have you looked at his posts from late last year? look at them and tell me he doesn't know his stuff

You didn't understand what I said. He knows his stuff, okay, I trust you, but he knows stuff about FIB (except The Killers) but this is Mad Cool, not FIB. He could be right, or he could be wrong again. Like I said, take everything you read with a grain of salt, we can't assume it's Mumford just because he said that...

3 minutes ago, sariris said:

You didn't understand what I said. He knows his stuff, okay, I trust you, but he knows stuff about FIB (except The Killers) but this is Mad Cool, not FIB. He could be right, or he could be wrong again. Like I said, take everything you read with a grain of salt, we can't assume it's Mumford just because he said that...

Yeah, totally agree. On Monday we have Tame Impala and Post Malone and now none of them haha

Edited by q1203

Unless someone works for mad cools booking agents they are not an “insider” 

There are people who generally know the scene better than others but the prediction was “Mumford and sons / Royal Blood” 

I personally would be shocked if that was the final announcement but we are close now so let’s cross our fingers and hope for something better!!

hey, at least Liam Gallagher is not an option 😂

Edited by jonnytee1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sariris said:

Apparently the Lollapalooza Paris announcement would be at 12 p.m in USA (the regular time of announcements there), and there are A LOT of other festivals announcing (lolla, roskilde and another fest in spain + mad cool), so it looks like it's a huge american artist rather than mumford... at least that's what I and some of the others in the spanish forum think.

Lolla Berlin just announced Miley Cyrus.

They usually book their artists in pairs. If Lolla Paris is also announcing, I bet Miley Cyrus is included there as well as in Mad Cool.

Edited by YonatanN

4 minutes ago, YonatanN said:

Lolla Berlin just announced Miley Cyrus.

They usually book their artists in pairs. If Lolla Paris is also announcing, I bet Miley Cyrus is is included there and in Mad Cool.

She was announced days ago! Lolla Paris would have announced her the same day, right? + Lolla Berlin is in september

On 2/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, q1203 said:

who likes mumford & sons? hahaha

I went to see a taping of The Last Leg about 15 months ago and they were guests on it. The two guys who appeared for the show on the couch with the other comedians were actually pretty funny and were surprisingly decent value, but the song they played at the end of the show nearly sent me to sleep.

14 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Quebec Festival on 11. July, so Mad Cool is ruled out. Cruilla maaaaayyyyybe

Hmmm it would be crazy, but remember the time difference... if it was a last minute booking...

They wouldn't go to Cruilla though.

EDIT: They are apparently on semi-hiatus though, so I don't think it'll be them.

Edited by sariris