Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

19 minutes ago, clasher said:

You seem to claim this with an enviable degree of certainty... 

Basically all festivals I've ever seen increase their prices periodically. The first 15,000 tickets here where 10 euros less at Mad Cool when they first went on sale. With the full lineup out it makes sense to increase them again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Basically all festivals I've ever seen increase their prices periodically. The first 15,000 tickets here where 10 euros less at Mad Cool when they first went on sale. With the full lineup out it makes sense to increase them again. 

Some do, some don't. Mad Cool didn't in previous years if I remember correctly. This year they said the first batch of tickets was cheaper before (or as) they went on sale, but mentioned no further price increases (which would surely be an incentive for potential buyers). 

They clearly had problems finding the last two headliners. If they had to promote a band to headliner status that would otherwise be second line at best and still increase the price that's surely a shot in the foot that could easily be avoided? 

10 minutes ago, clasher said:

Some do, some don't. Mad Cool didn't in previous years if I remember correctly. This year they said the first batch of tickets was cheaper before (or as) they went on sale, but mentioned no further price increases (which would surely be an incentive for potential buyers). 

They clearly had problems finding the last two headliners. If they had to promote a band to headliner status that would otherwise be second line at best and still increase the price that's surely a shot in the foot that could easily be avoided? 

But the rumour coming from a guy in the know involves Mumford and sons who by all accounts despite being shite would be very expensive as they’re not even touring

my main point was looking at the lineup and how many big names are there I’m not shocked they’re upping the prices.

35 minutes ago, Paddyc82 said:

ROSALÍA played last year can't see her going again this year, Rammstein would be great 

Playing Lyon on the same night.

45 minutes ago, clasher said:

You seem to claim this with an enviable degree of certainty... 

It's surely pretty normal for festivals to put up prices before an announcement? You're boosting the sales before and after.

If you say, announcement Wednesday and price rise Friday, then everyone waits till the announcement. This way, you generate a rush before based on people wanting to save a few pounds, or who are hoping for a band that might not be playing - while after, you get a boost from the fans of the bands just announced.

While there may be complications with getting headliners etc., the price rise/announcement happens for most festivals.

9 minutes ago, Dazz_mc said:

Guns n Roses? 

Have an exclusive gig in Spain somewhere... But that hasn't stopped bands breaking those types of contracts before... Some info on it not being a classic rock band though which may include GnR

And I should of read above in america haha 

Edited by pryce

Just now, pryce said:

Have an exclusive gig in Spain somewhere... But that hasn't stopped bands breaking those types of contracts before... Some info on it not being a classic rock band though which may include GnR

Their gig in Seville is 100% exclusive in Spain and I don't think they're breaking that deal. + their european tour is during may/early june...

Just now, yosoyyoberdi said:

Any clues from them? 

The Strokes haven't officially been announced for Roskilde have they? They did play Lolla last year though.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

they have 

Not according to the line up page/Roskilde website

16 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

It's looking like Mumford isn't it? 

Still think with the Strokes headlining NOS Alive on the Saturday there’s hope for them, and also the ticket price increase

Edited by Max2307

We're apparently looking at a series of euro festival gigs for a well known british band, certainly headline material, that not a single soul mentioned in pretty much any of the topics here until two days ago.

I mean they must run a hell of a tight ship if that's really the case... 

19 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

the strokes put it on instagram 2 days ago.

I thinkt that's what he means by not officially announced... looks like The Strokes pulled the trigger early on that announcement especially if two days have gone by without Roskilde acknowledging it.

Edited by AAlex

2 minutes ago, clasher said:

We're apparently looking at a series of euro festival gigs for a well known british band, certainly headline material, that not a single soul mentioned in pretty much any of the topics here until two days ago.

I mean they must run a hell of a tight ship if that's really the case... 

This could be Blur, but where is this information coming from?

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's mumford and sons

Oh, didn't know they are British. Makes sense than. 

Dissapointing. 

2 minutes ago, EV123 said:

This could be Blur, but where is this information coming from?

I was talking about mumford and sons. Seems weird there were no rumours before. 

• Upvote 1