Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

7 hours ago, lukecork said:

I wonder if the delay in a cancellation announcement is them working on a new venue for next year and they'll roll over the tickets? 

Mad Cool organizers might have the new venue high on their priority list, but I'd say the city doesn't. So that surely doesn't help.

As far as I know, they'd be obliged under spanish law to refund all tickets within a fortnight, which they simply can't do without going under (according to them), so they're working on that with the government.

They also have to talk to some 150 acts, arrange new dates, negotiate contract obligations, etc.
They also have to negotiate terms with different ticket sellers. 
They also have the insurance stuff to sort out.
I'd also say they want to offer something more than just "unfortunately, it's cancelled, wait for more info".

Add all of that together and you have what you have.

We all know this isn't happening and we can discuss what they should or shouldn't do, but the sad reality is that we can do absolutely nothing but wait.

6 hours ago, Izzy314 said:

Did anyone else get accommodation through Festicket when they bought their mad cool tickets too? I bought my ticket and accommodation at the same time, trying to find out whether I'll be able to get the accommodation money back!

I did, not too sure on this one. Hopefully we'll hear some clarification at some point. I'd hope as festicket arranged the hotel they would sort cancellation/ refunds as well.

9 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I did, not too sure on this one. Hopefully we'll hear some clarification at some point. I'd hope as festicket arranged the hotel they would sort cancellation/ refunds as well.

Aye that was my thinking as well, hopefully it would all be sorted at the same time... Guess we'll have to wait and see!

I'm hoping the dates are similar next year as just took a punt and changed flights and hotel to go from 3rd to11th. We had tickets to see Queen and that has already been put back to that week in 2021. Just need Mad Cool to play ball and be on the same week.

Ryanair cancelled our flights. Really surprised as O'Leary was saying just last week he intended to be flying 1000s of flights a day by July so was worried that there would be no festival but flights would be going and therefore not get money back.

Also they are in such a mess regarding timely refunds for everyone thought they would buy themselves at least an extra month if they could as no rush to them to cancel now??

52 minutes ago, Cactusgirl said:

Ryanair cancelled our flights. Really surprised as O'Leary was saying just last week he intended to be flying 1000s of flights a day by July so was worried that there would be no festival but flights would be going and therefore not get money back.

Also they are in such a mess regarding timely refunds for everyone thought they would buy themselves at least an extra month if they could as no rush to them to cancel now??

Our flights were canceled yesterday as well. But don't worry, they will buy themselves some time. I spoke to the help desk and they won't process the refunds until after they are back at the office. And it's not just the regulations, they have to reconstruct the office for social distancing. After that it will take 7-10 days to refund. One of my friends flights to Italy were canceled more than a month ago and still no sign of his money. 

• Upvote 1