Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

8 minutes ago, Milo2406 said:

Proof? Not calling you a lier just this would be a big step but can't find the information myself. Nothing official. 

Yeah there's been no news reports. Something like that would hit the headlines pretty fast.

There was stuff like this back in early April..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/08/brits-warned-holidays-spain-cancelled-september-12528506/

Edited by moonraker76

https://www.elconfidencial.com/cultura/2020-05-01/festivales-musica-coronavirus-devolucion-entradas_2573615/

"If I have to return the tickets the day after tomorrow, in 15 days and to the whole world, we can't. We don't have that money right now . They have to give us a margin, as they do in other countries. Or they leave it to us return in a longer period of time than they are proposing right now, for the next year, to the next edition of music festivals , or many festivals will not last long because they will fall into bankruptcy. And if they fall into bankruptcy, they don't return anything " (Javier Arnáiz, director of Mad Cool ).

Also mentions that the Spanish government are expected to announce something about cultural events on the 5th May - which may clarify a few things (But it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't!).

Edited by bluenova

6 hours ago, bluenova said:

https://www.elconfidencial.com/cultura/2020-05-01/festivales-musica-coronavirus-devolucion-entradas_2573615/

"If I have to return the tickets the day after tomorrow, in 15 days and to the whole world, we can't. We don't have that money right now . They have to give us a margin, as they do in other countries. Or they leave it to us return in a longer period of time than they are proposing right now, for the next year, to the next edition of music festivals , or many festivals will not last long because they will fall into bankruptcy. And if they fall into bankruptcy, they don't return anything " (Javier Arnáiz, director of Mad Cool ).

Also mentions that the Spanish government are expected to announce something about cultural events on the 5th May - which may clarify a few things (But it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't!).

So does that mean we won’t a refund 

2 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

So does that mean we won’t a refund 

Not necessarily. It states Spanish law says that if an event is cancelled they have to refund the ticket within 15 days. Mad Cool director is saying he doesn’t have the money to do that. They want the government to cancel the festivals so they can claim force majeure and get round it. They talk about vouchers and tickets valid for postponed events. However it’s not just about mad cool but all events in Spain that have been hit.

Long and short of it is the mad cool director is saying they don’t have the cash to refund all tickets right now so need alternative options and want the government to help them with that....

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I've just double checked my passport and that expires in July, totally forgot about this due to MC being up in the air.

I cant imagine a new one would arrive in time now arghhh

The new passports are ready in a week after the process starts, at least here. So I wouldn't worry about it not being ready until July. 

On 5/3/2020 at 11:12 AM, bluenova said:

Can you post the announcement when this is made?

12 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I've just double checked my passport and that expires in July, totally forgot about this due to MC being up in the air.

I cant imagine a new one would arrive in time now arghhh

I've just realised the same thing! My passport is damaged and I need a new one but with everything that's been going on I completely forgot. Guess even if it went ahead I wouldn't be going! 

I just realized that it's the first time that I'm happy to have no festivals here in Italy: every Govern's statement only covers the next 2 weeks + they allowed event organizers to give "refunds" by vouchers. I have 2 tickets for a concert in Milan scheduled for May 19th and it's still not canceled (even if anyone knows that it will never take place). When it will happen, the only thing I can do will be to ask for a voucher to buy something else on the ticket seller website.

And luckily we're not talking about hundreds euros :)

Edited by gigi21

15 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I just realized that it's the first time that I'm happy to have no festivals here in Italy: every Govern's statement only covers the next 2 weeks + they allowed event organizers to give "refunds" by vouchers. I have 2 tickets for a concert in Milan scheduled for May 19th and it's still not canceled (even if anyone knows that it will never take place). When it will happen, the only thing I can do will be to ask for a voucher to buy something else on the ticket seller website.

And luckily we're not talking about hundreds euros :)

Yeah, first time I invest heavily in concert tickets in Italy and now everything will be - best case scenario - delayed to 2021...  

• Like 1

This is all getting a bit silly now and Airbnb haven’t been the best dealing with this either. Obviously flights cancelled but Airbnb are only offering refunds up to June 15th. My only other option is to cancel myself and gain 50% of what I would be paying, so I’d still be losing hundreds. The idea of vouchers doesn’t bother me as much, just as long as I can use them for ticketmaster uk. The idea of losing over £700 for this is utterly depressing. 

15 hours ago, Burrito88 said:

So NOS Alive are issuing a voucher. 

I think MC may offer similar as the law in Spain says they must give a refund within 15 days of a cancellation and the organiser seems to have misplaced millions of euros????

907EEC34-7A6D-46E5-AA22-12596F0619B3.jpeg

To be fair I'd take a voucher with Festicket, could book something UK based next year with it. But they should offer refunds as an option as well

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair I'd take a voucher with Festicket, could book something UK based next year with it. But they should offer refunds as an option as well

I'd be surprised if they could give you vouchers for festicket or ticketmaster, as surely that would be pretty much the same as the festival giving a refund?

Edited by bluenova

13 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I'd be surprised if they could give you vouchers for festicket or ticketmaster, as surely that would be pretty much the same as the festival giving a refund?

If bought via Festicket you're buying from their purchased ticket allocation. Technically they're the seller 

When I went to a disaster festival in Liverpool that got cancelled halfway through,, then the company (the festival) went into liquidation, but the ticket agent who sold the tickets refunded everyone and sued the owners of the festival. So some people's contract is with Festicket not Mad Cool. Dont know how they'll behave but it could work out that way 

Edited by efcfanwirral

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If bought via Festicket you're buying from their purchased ticket allocation. Technically they're the seller 

When I went to a disaster festival in Liverpool that got cancelled halfway through,, then the company (the festival) went into liquidation, but the ticket agent who sold the tickets refunded everyone and sued the owners of the festival. So some people's contract is with Festicket not Mad Cool. Dont know how they'll behave but it could work out that way 

I wouldn't make a definite legal statement as to whether this is challengable, but Festicket say that it depends on the festival. They do some packages with hotels etc., which are likely different, but for a simple festival ticket they say they're just selling tickets for a processing fee. 

https://support.festicket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007028357-Questions-about-your-refund

59 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I wouldn't make a definite legal statement as to whether this is challengable, but Festicket say that it depends on the festival. They do some packages with hotels etc., which are likely different, but for a simple festival ticket they say they're just selling tickets for a processing fee. 

https://support.festicket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007028357-Questions-about-your-refund

Ah shit. Yep perhaps no money back then. Even if they have the venue and roll over tickets to next year I wont be going so it's like losing the moNey anyway 

Edited by efcfanwirral

33 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah shit. Yep perhaps no money back then. Even if they have the venue and roll over tickets to next year I wont be going so it's like losing the moNey anyway 

I wouldn't write it off yet. They did an interview about refunds where they just said they'd need time - It may be case that they set up next year so that people will rebook, and then can give out refunds later to those who need them?

Also, if you paid by credit card, then there's a possible claim under UK law.