Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Have a feeling they are also biding their time so that when the cancellation comes they can say 'we keep so and so from 2020 please keep your tickets.'  After reading a few of the things put out by former Taylor Swift headed festivals today it seems they're all looking to secure her again but arent compeltely outwardly saying so 

The Mayor of Madrid has confirmed there'll be no big crowd events in Madrid now until the end of the summer. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.firstpost.com/health/coronavirus-outbreak-laliga-return-possible-during-the-summer-but-without-fans-says-madrid-mayor-8274881.html/amp

So hopefully we should get a statement next week about the cancellation. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Milo2406 said:

Yep, coming up to my 3rd payment. Tempted to cancel buy they surely with any sort of backlash they'll offer some form of refunds. 

My last payment is 9th of may. My guess is they will still take it even if the event is cancelled but if I cancel the last payment then they will probably use it against giving me a refund. I have 4 tickets as well , what a mess

4 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

My last payment is 9th of may. My guess is they will still take it even if the event is cancelled but if I cancel the last payment then they will probably use it against giving me a refund. I have 4 tickets as well , what a mess

Managed to make my last payment last month. Struggling with money at the moment and the refund would be a great help at this point.

This playing chicken with the government is actually affecting lives.

53 minutes ago, Swaydeto said:

I just have a feeling we won’t get any sort of refund

Im hoping that if they tried that they will get some sort of backlash, ideally from artists. 

Im 50/50 myself and have a little hope which is why I'm not cancelling my payment, risky and maybe foolish but gotta hope. 

Hopefully they can arrange to make some sort of deal which lets them keep the site for an extra year and carry over tickets to next year, with the option of refunds. That’s probably the best scenario tbh.

the lack of information from mad cool is making me think they’re trying to secure the site for next year before making any sort of announcement 

Edited by robmongascy

9 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Hopefully they can arrange to make some sort of deal which lets them keep the site for an extra year and carry over tickets to next year, with the option of refunds. That’s probably the best scenario tbh.

the lack of information from mad cool is making me think they’re trying to secure the site for next year before making any sort of announcement 

I may be well off but think the problem with the site next year is that it's meant to be built on! 

Our AirBnB cancelled on us yesterday due to Covid which has been better than us having to cancel as got full refund instead of the 50% if we had cancelled.

No idea what refund will be from MadCool. But with Spain relaxing social distancing, flights might be running normally by July and therefore won't get a refund for those!

5 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

At this point, even if things opened up and I was able to make it overseas, I don't think taking the chance is worth it. I'd rather take the financial hit than go.

totally the same - and to be honest I doubt that even if they do open up, that they'll allow people from the UK into their country without a quarantine anyway. We're going to be last to get on top of this and likely it'll end up with a second peak. That'll ruin the festival anyway as I imagine a lot of their audience is from here given the lineup?

So at this point its just a question of wether they will reschedule the current lineup to next year or not right? Foals and The Killers have said on their social media platforms that they won't be touring for a year so there is no way Mad Cool could somehow pull another headliner in, and many more bands will have already dropped out without announcing it, its getting pretty frustrating that Mad Cool won't come out with some clear communication.