Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

3 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

There goes Roskide. Shared a few acts as well. They gave the option to transfer or refund so at least thats something!

Mad cool still seems to be going ahead they posted something about 21 pilots on Instagram and I don’t understand Spanish but one comment in English in reply to someone they said they’re still gonna be sending out wristbands ect so god knows what’s going on 

I think that Mad Cool just like other festivals are waiting for government decision to cancel. You can check Hellfest statement via google translate: https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/entreprises/crise-du-coronavirus/info-ouest-france-coronavirus-pourquoi-le-hellfest-2020-se-prepare-un-report-d-un-6799786?fbclid=IwAR2-Xk9hfSSupUvrI869jdIKQ03n5Oo3iE0kEFWsQwMcGODnZJw1Nt7EeIQ

Unfortunately no festivals this summer :(

Edited by qz3

11 minutes ago, qz3 said:

I think that Mad Cool just like other festivals are waiting for government decision to cancel. You can check Hellfest statement via google translate: https://www.ouest-france.fr/economie/entreprises/crise-du-coronavirus/info-ouest-france-coronavirus-pourquoi-le-hellfest-2020-se-prepare-un-report-d-un-6799786?fbclid=IwAR2-Xk9hfSSupUvrI869jdIKQ03n5Oo3iE0kEFWsQwMcGODnZJw1Nt7EeIQ

Unfortunately no festivals this summer :(

Very interesting, and makes a great deal of sense. 

The shocking part is that they actually had insurance to cover pandemics, but the insurance company is claiming it doesn't cover this one!

On 4/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, bluenova said:

Very interesting, and makes a great deal of sense. 

The shocking part is that they actually had insurance to cover pandemics, but the insurance company is claiming it doesn't cover this one!

That's not much of a shocker really. Given a chance, most insurance companies will do anything to avoid such a large payout. This will be heading to either arbitration or court.

Edit: and also, the promotion they are still doing might just be the extra proof they need for the insurance company that they were willing to put this festival on, but were simply not able to. Maybe it's farfetched, but you never know.

Edited by The Black

40 minutes ago, The Black said:

That's not much of a shocker really. Given a chance, most insurance companies will do anything to avoid such a large payout. This will be heading to either arbitration or court.

Edit: and also, the promotion they are still doing might just be the extra proof they need for the insurance company that they were willing to put this festival on, but were simply not able to. Maybe it's farfetched, but you never know.

I'm not shocked that the insurers act that way :)

The second part wouldn't surprise me - although it's probably just one of many factors. Mitigation is likely to be part of any contract, so even if they are 99% sure July is out, they may need to proceed as if it isn't.

Hanging around waiting is probably better than Primavera where people are now worrying about hotels/flights for a second set of dates that is still unlikely.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:18 PM, Swaydeto said:

So when realistically do you think cancellation will be announced? Madness

The Killers still haven't made any announcements yet and they're scheduled to play in May, MCR  still not cancelled their uk shows & same as Rammstein (Both in Jue). Both playing football stadiums so will be hard just to postpone.

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

The Killers still haven't made any announcements yet and they're scheduled to play in May, MCR  still not cancelled their uk shows & same as Rammstein (Both in Jue). Both playing football stadiums so will be hard just to postpone.

dude 2020 is OFF

54 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Oh I wasn't holding any hope that it could ahead....I am just saying that Mad Cool could following suit and officially cancel in coming days too.

Refunds are worrying considering the uncertainty of the festival's existence beyond this virus.

Couldn’t agree more - and I went for VIP 😂