Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

I don't know. Different artists, different situations. It depends on what happens with the other festivals run by live nation, because they can't postpone their dates unless the other festivals do too... Which is 100% sure is that Mad Cool will wait until the government make them cancel the festival because they wouldn't lose money that way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sariris said:

I don't know. Different artists, different situations. It depends on what happens with the other festivals run by live nation, because they can't postpone their dates unless the other festivals do too... Which is 100% sure is that Mad Cool will wait until the government make them cancel the festival because they wouldn't lose money that way.

Are you sure about that? I read a while back an interview with an insurance broker, and he said that very few festivals take out insurance for health emergencies. They all have some insurance, and may have cancellation insurance, but it tends to be for specific events they think may happen (e.g. in certain places weather/flooding issues), not a generic policy that covers everything.

Just now, bluenova said:

Are you sure about that? I read a while back an interview with an insurance broker, and he said that very few festivals take out insurance for health emergencies. They all have some insurance, and may have cancellation insurance, but it tends to be for specific events they think may happen (e.g. in certain places weather/flooding issues), not a generic policy that covers everything.

I'm not 100% sure, but knowing that the city gives them A LOT OF MONEY for the making of the festival... their insurance should be really good, right????

24 minutes ago, sariris said:

I'm not 100% sure, but knowing that the city gives them A LOT OF MONEY for the making of the festival... their insurance should be really good, right????

The interview I read suggested hardly anyone had it. SXSW said they were covered for things like terrorist incidents and weather, but didn't have it for this. 

8 minutes ago, Andrej said:

If its cancelled you will get refund. If its only rescheduled - then probably no refund.

But surely if it’s rescheduled and people can’t go then that’s not our problem? We book it for  specific date? Doubt they would just cancel it never heard of that even Glastonbury is rescheduled, what do people think should I stop my monthly payments and loose what we have already paid? Just made deposit plus one payment btw (got 4 tickets) 

15 hours ago, Swaydeto said:

But surely if it’s rescheduled and people can’t go then that’s not our problem? We book it for  specific date? Doubt they would just cancel it never heard of that even Glastonbury is rescheduled, what do people think should I stop my monthly payments and loose what we have already paid? Just made deposit plus one payment btw (got 4 tickets) 

Glastonbury is cancelled not rescheduled. 

2 minutes ago, -Roger- said:

I would otherwise have guessed that festivals are low in the city's spending priority list right now.

RIGHT NOW yes, but I'm sure that they received that money before they started planning Mad Cool 2020................ (waaaay before this situation started). It was an investment, after all.

What I meant is that yes, they'll probably lose money, but it'll probably be money that the city gave them to invest on the festival. It's not like other festivals, whose only income is the ticket sales.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, sariris said:

If it's cancelled, they MUST give you a refund!!!!

Not according to their Terms of Ticket Sales: The total or partial cancellation of the event due to force majeure, in no case will result in the refund of the amount of the ticket.

2 minutes ago, -Roger- said:

Not according to their Terms of Ticket Sales: The total or partial cancellation of the event due to force majeure, in no case will result in the refund of the amount of the ticket.

that's so bad :( I think you should stop using flex ticket then...

1 hour ago, -Roger- said:

Should I cancel upcoming payments then? I’m paying every month they take money off my card

4 minutes ago, Swaydeto said:

Should I cancel upcoming payments then? I’m paying every month they take money off my card

I would message them on Facebook first.

Stopping payments may mean you lose everything you've paid so far.

The Force Majeure term is there for all the tickets on Mad Cool - not just the flex ones. (https://madcoolfestival.es/en/tickets-conditions.php See point 9), but it's almost certainly included in the terms for most festivals, even though they have generally been offering refunds. You may also have additional cover if you paid by credit card in the UK (not sure about other countries).

I would reach out, and ask before doing anything.

2 hours ago, Burrito88 said:

They have opened a hospital at IFEMA, which as I understand is next to the festival site (or maybe part of the festival site?). Surely this is the point at which they realise this can’t go ahead!!!?

A few people have had replies from Primavera resellers, and the festival are saying that they'll provide more info on alternatives (refunds etc.) once Spain's "state of alarm" is over and actually quoting the 11th April, as if it's not going to be extended. Until then they apparently don't have to consider any refunds.

I assume that even if Mad Cool moved/cancelled they'd be in the same situation, so they're probably hanging on to see what happens. While July is likely a write off, it's conceivable that in a few weeks (as new cases are at least levelling off in many European countries) they'll have a better idea of whether they cancel, or aim for September. Right now, it's probably easiest for them to simply not make a decision.