Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

28 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So hypothetically lets say the festival is cancelled but travel restrictions are lifted by then... I'm going to be stuck with a non-refundable airbnb and flights arent I, so I'm going to lose about £700 regardless. In perspective of the world right now I know it's nothing but on a personal level a bit of a bummer :( 

No need for concern about this being a bummer, however, as we will definitely still be on shutdown in early July.

Also I would write to the airbnb people now and politely ask them if they would allow you to cancel. Worked for me.

55 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

So hypothetically lets say the festival is cancelled but travel restrictions are lifted by then... I'm going to be stuck with a non-refundable airbnb and flights arent I, so I'm going to lose about £700 regardless. In perspective of the world right now I know it's nothing but on a personal level a bit of a bummer :( 

Your Air b n b should be fine, they run cancellations right until the death going from past experience.

They're also aware of the effect the virus has had and are offering full refunds, I got one for Amsterdam, I was supposed to go in 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Your Air b n b should be fine, they run cancellations right until the death going from past experience.

They're also aware of the effect the virus has had and are offering full refunds, I got one for Amsterdam, I was supposed to go in 2 weeks.

Ah okay that gives me some confidence, cheers. Was meant to be in Berlin in the next few days and bookings.com are being really funny about cancelling or even moving our hotel booking despite the hotel themselves saying it's okay, so thought may have a similar problem with airbnb. 

4 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Ah okay that gives me some confidence, cheers. Was meant to be in Berlin in the next few days and bookings.com are being really funny about cancelling or even moving our hotel booking despite the hotel themselves saying it's okay, so thought may have a similar problem with airbnb. 

Corona virus or not you cancel with some good notice on Air b n b for a full refund. I think you cancel on the day before and you're only charges a service fee.

You can go on air b n b and click cancel and it'll tell you all about it but you dont have to cancel.

Edited by lukecork

2 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Corona virus or not you cancel with some good notice on Air b n b for a full refund. I think you cancel on the day before and you're only charges a service fee.

You can go on air b n b and click cancel and it'll tell you all about it but you dont have to cancel.

Mine currently says I get 50% back only.. I think the hosts set their own cancellation terms? Guess I just need to wait or as someone said above message my hosts.  'We are now offering Guests full refunds and Hosts no-charge cancellations for reservations booked on or before 14 March with a check-in date of 14 April or earlier. Please note that this policy will not cover any new bookings.'  

16 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Mine currently says I get 50% back only.. I think the hosts set their own cancellation terms? Guess I just need to wait or as someone said above message my hosts.  'We are now offering Guests full refunds and Hosts no-charge cancellations for reservations booked on or before 14 March with a check-in date of 14 April or earlier. Please note that this policy will not cover any new bookings.'  

Mine fell under those dates, possibly that's why.

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Why don't you travel to Madrid. It's an amazing city? I got some airbnb locked up for June in Athens, I plan on going with or without RHCP playing there :D

25 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Hmmm you've got to get there

On top of that, when you get there, there's no guarantee anything is gonna be open.

48 minutes ago, Looby loo said:

Spain now on lockdown when will a decision be made about this festival? 
every other festival has been cancelled 

information required ASAP 

And why ASAP? Cancellation of travel and accommodation might be a lot easier closer to the dates, cause they might have special rules in place during lock down phases.

it states this on their website..

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/tickets-conditions.php

''In case of a total cancellation of the festival, the organization will take responsibility on refunding the amount of the purchased ticket, on the other hand, the distribution cost that sales channels apply to the price of the ticket will not be refunded in any case by management given the fact that management is not a recipient of this amount and that the provision of this service is understood to be made at the time of the purchase of the ticket.''

''Once the ticket is purchased, it will not be changed or returned, except in case of cancellation of the festival. In case of total cancellation of the festival, management will take responsibility to refund the amount of the ticket. The total or partial cancellation of the event due to force majeure, in no case will result in the refund of the amount of the ticket. The distribution cost that the sales channels apply to the price of the ticket will not be refunded in any case by management, given the fact that management is not a recipient of this amount and that the provision of this service is understood to be made at the time of the purchase of the ticket. In case of cancellation of the festival the refund of the ticket can be made within (15) days from the scheduled event. There will be no refund once the (70%) of the festival has been completed. The bad weather conditions and any changes in the festival's schedule are not a matter of receiving the ticket's refund.''                                  

I'm guessing this means that if it is cancelled we will be refunded in full minus administration or postage fees?

it also states this..

''The Organization reserves the right to modify, alter or suspend the dates of the event, as well as to modify or cancel the content of these conditions of sale at any time without the Organization incurring any liability to the acquirers or third parties and with the sole obligation to make it know. ''

so perhaps they could reschedule and not refund anyone.. would you still be able to obtain a refund If you cant make the rescheduled dates?

20 hours ago, brionaon said:

so perhaps they could reschedule and not refund anyone.. would you still be able to obtain a refund If you cant make the rescheduled dates?

I think the main rule is everywhere that if they cancel something, they refund. Even Ryanair refunds the ticket price in case if cancellation.

In case of rescheduling the agencies always give you the chance for refund if you can't make it on the other date. 

I'm pretty sure noone needs to panic, if they have to cancel they will refund you the tickets. And that's it. No ifs, no buts. 

2 minutes ago, lukecork said:

500 died in the past 24 hours in Spain, things look/sound horrendous.

Matter of when not if?

As a spanish who is living this: yes, it is awful. A real nightmare. And to be honest I don't even care about future concerts/festivals anymore... I just want this to be fully over so we can get back to our “normal” lives again. (That's IF we can get back to our normal lives bc this will change all of us for sure)

Spain is cancelling big gatherings up to July so yes this is a matter of when.

Be safe and stay home please 🙏🏻 ❤️

• Like 1

Just now, lukecork said:

I'm surprised they're still quite active on social media, suggesting  playlists etc

I think they are trying to send positive vibes in these challenging times and communicate that everything's on track until the governments decides the opposite.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure they are looking hard for the plan B. Like rescheduling the whole thing to Autumn. 

4 hours ago, CCester said:

I think they are trying to send positive vibes in these challenging times and communicate that everything's on track until the governments decides the opposite.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure they are looking hard for the plan B. Like rescheduling the whole thing to Autumn. 

Impossible, they need other festivals to move with them too. 
We will see. Like someone said before, the virus is the main concern now. Focus on that. 
But some festivals will not survive a cancellation. 

• Upvote 1