Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Concerts are being cancelled in Madrid now, since there has been an increase in the number of cases... I don't think that we'll be like this in July, but keep in mind that, if the situation doesn't get better in a couple of months, they'll probably cancel the festival. I'll keep you all informed!!

Other Festivals are talking rescheduling and postponements with SXSW in America stating no refunds as we are looking to reschedule. 

I can not see how any festival with bands falling into slots between tours and other shows can "reschedule" certainly not with the same line up. 

So biggest concern - Mad cool is cancelled as rescheduling doesn't seem an option

Biggest plus  -  They reschedule and Mumford and sons cant make it 

• Upvote 1

This morning it seemed straightforward as most countries appear to be trying to contain things as much as possible, and start bringing infections down within weeks. If that worked, then we'd be fine.

Now though, the UK Govt are aiming to push the peak for infections into June/July. However, they also seem to be suggesting that large events aren't that dangerous, and that they wouldn't mind if a lot of young people got Coronavirus as their symptoms are likely to be mild and it helps with herd immunity.

Given the different approaches, in England and Wales we might end up being encouraged to go to festivals here, but be banned from travelling overseas!

Spanish government is acting quickly, at least i'm a bit positive now. No one is going to school/university, and Madrid will probably be all closed starting next week to avoid more infections (like, only supermarkets, drug stores and places like that will be open, just like Italy). I can't see this situation going forward up to July, that would be insane...

18 minutes ago, sariris said:

Spanish government is acting quickly, at least i'm a bit positive now. No one is going to school/university, and Madrid will probably be all closed starting next week to avoid more infections (like, only supermarkets, drug stores and places like that will be open, just like Italy). I can't see this situation going forward up to July, that would be insane...

If we look at China we can see that once the state introduces a lock down the virus does slow down so I'd be very surprised if it wasnt under control by July! Positive thoughts! 

The reason why Glastonbury cancelled its edition is:06336755-C88D-44A3-A4D1-0C6DA8E4D8CA.jpeg.b4455e1f073c6da2e82b10d875ae02ec.jpeg

Mad Cool wouldn't have that issue. Like, I think it doesn't look good (because the situation is worsening and controlling this virus is more important than these festivals, of course), but Mad Cool (and other festivals) don't need to work on the field as much as Glastonbury. That's why they haven't cancelled anything... yet.

Spanish Government said that this situation would go on for months, from 2 to 4. Best case scenario? 2 months, and Mad Cool would still be happening. 4 months and it wouldn't.

7 minutes ago, sariris said:

The reason why Glastonbury cancelled its edition is:06336755-C88D-44A3-A4D1-0C6DA8E4D8CA.jpeg.b4455e1f073c6da2e82b10d875ae02ec.jpeg

Mad Cool wouldn't have that issue. Like, I think it doesn't look good (because the situation is worsening and controlling this virus is more important than these festivals, of course), but Mad Cool (and other festivals) don't need to work on the field as much as Glastonbury. That's why they haven't cancelled anything... yet.

Spanish Government said that this situation would go on for months, from 2 to 4. Best case scenario? 2 months, and Mad Cool would still be happening. 4 months and it wouldn't.

In all due respect, when people are travelling all around europe with flights and hotels booked, it would be a much better situation if the festivals said earlier rather than later that this year will not go ahead

With the way the whole world is right now, i personally think that anyone who believes festivals will go ahead is VERY VERY optimistic. 

Obviously most festivals can say tickets carry over to next year if you want them to,

Mad cool cant even say that because they have not got plans form the authorities to hold the festival next year. 

Prepare project shit storm............................ Lets hope they handle this situation better than they handled their bookings!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sariris said:

I can see there's some difference - but you'd assume they've taken the decision with more information.

If artists are pulling out/postponing/cancelling then all the festivals will fall like dominoes. You're not likely to get Taylor Swift turning up for half a festival run.

• Upvote 2

If you think that there is a 1% of posibility of Mad Cool to happen, come a few days to Madrid and you will lose your faith.

Hundred of people are dying every day in Madrid, Spanish army in the streets and things are getting worse each day.

I am pretty sure that the Spanish summer festival season will be cancelled 

I hope that all of you stay safe and in a few months we will be discussing about Mad Cool 2021 rumours.

Edited by johnybegood
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I can see there's some difference - but you'd assume they've taken the decision with more information.

If artists are pulling out/postponing/cancelling then all the festivals will fall like dominoes. You're not likely to get Taylor Swift turning up for half a festival run.

yep, this is true.

I'm just speaking from Mad Cool's perspective, it doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't cancel. At this point, I've even planned what I'm gonna do with the money...

I'm worried about that tho, because I'm one of those who got the fnac pack and, giving the moral of the festival and fnac, I'm afraid that they wouldn't give my money back just because it also had a bottle for water, and some other useless stuff.....

One difference with Glastonbury is that it's so hard to get tickets, they can probably assume most people will hang on to their tickets for next year, rather than cancel.

Most other festivals will be facing refunds, with likely no insurance for this scenario, and the possibility of going bust - hence they may hang on as long as possible.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

If a fest is gonna go bust and never happen again anyway, wheres the incentive for any refunds? 

It's gonna kick off 

I'd expect Mad Cool, having been around a few years now, and being generally successful, should be ok so long as they're not committed to paying bands. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few struggle others struggle though.

So hypothetically lets say the festival is cancelled but travel restrictions are lifted by then... I'm going to be stuck with a non-refundable airbnb and flights arent I, so I'm going to lose about £700 regardless. In perspective of the world right now I know it's nothing but on a personal level a bit of a bummer :(