Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

20 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

So which of the smaller bands and artists would be worth watching ?

In my opinion (and I have to listen to the others just in case I like them, but I will def see these bands/artist if the clashes let me):

wednesday: sam fender, yungblud, the regrettes

thursday: sigrid, charli xcx, phoebe bridgers, refused, finneas, pale waves

friday: tones and I, nothing but thieves, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, black pumas

saturday: kali uchis, the rapture, tom misch, the struts, arlo parks

I haven't added artists from the loop because I only know Diplo.

14 minutes ago, sariris said:

In my opinion (and I have to listen to the others just in case I like them, but I will def see these bands/artist if the clashes let me):

wednesday: sam fender, yungblud, the regrettes

thursday: sigrid, charli xcx, phoebe bridgers, refused, finneas, pale waves

friday: tones and I, nothing but thieves, frank carter and the rattlesnakes, black pumas

saturday: kali uchis, the rapture, tom misch, the struts, arlo parks

Thanks- I only know a few of those (Sam Fender, Frank Carter and Sigrid), so will have a listen to the others, cheers 😀

i can see this festival being clash city for me. So I have kinda sorted them in to who are the most important to me. ie Tier 1, 2 and tier 3 which are those I would like to see but chances I will not. Those, I have seen before are in bold. The Friday is the weakest day for me.

Wed 8th

Tier 1 -Twenty One Pilots, Taylor Swift, Placebo, Wolfe Alice, Sam Fender

Tier 2 - Angel Olsen, Yungblud, Creeper, Sports Team, Sea Girls

Tier 3 - The Last Internationale, Hinds, Glass Animals, The Regrettes

The 9th

Tier 1 - The Killers, Billie Eilish, Foals, Gage the Elephant, Pale Waves

Tier 2 - Deftones, Sigrid, Phoebe Bridgers

Tier 3 - Confidence Man, Rex Orange Country, Charli XCX, Cherry Glazerr, Beabadoobee

Fri 10th

Tier 1 - Royal Blood, Nothing but Thieves

Tier 2 - Alt-J, Haim, Mumford & Sons, Frank Carter

Tier 3 - Sleep Token, (Not that bothered by this day, the worse day for me. So hopefully discover some new acts)

Sat 11th

Tier 1 - Kings of Leon, Faith No More, Pixies, London Grammar, Paul Weller, Dinosaur Pile-Up

Tier 2- The Stuts, The Rapture, Major Lazer

Tier 3 - Easy Life, Blood Red Shoes, Tom Grennan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sariris said:

Highly recommend Rufus Du Sol, they're fantastic! just properly gotten into them and having watched some live performances they look really good, songs i'd recommend would be: You Were Right, Sundream, Treat You Better, Until the Sun Needs to Rise.. and that's just naming a few of my favourites

Edit: for anybody interested some of the smaller acts worth checking out are, Easy Life, Clairo, Kali Uchis, Tom Misch, Sticky Fingers and The Chats

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

On 2/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, Mr Boo said:

So which of the smaller bands and artists would be worth watching ?

I tried to pick one from each day for you rather than bombard you 

Weds  - Wolf Alice (still big in my opinion) 

Thurs  -  Brutus

Friday - Parcels 

Sat  -  The Rapture

Smaller band recommendations? Here are mine.

Creeper: Theatrical punk band from Southampton who have gone brit pop with their new album and draw heavily from the worlds of David Bowie and My Chemical Romance

Sports Team: Easily the best British indie band around

Brutus: Cinematic post-hardcore that's all sorts of brilliant

Beabadoobee: The 1975's Matty Healy says she's the most exciting act in the world and I can see why. Noisy and grungey with a bunch of pop sensibilities.

The Chats. Chaotic punk band from Australia, all their songs are under three minutes and all of them are stupidly catchy.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, dip said:

Creeper: Theatrical punk band from Southampton who have gone brit pop with their new album and draw heavily from the worlds of David Bowie and My Chemical Romance

Beabadoobee: The 1975's Matty Healy says she's the most exciting act in the world and I can see why. Noisy and grungey with a bunch of pop sensibilities.

The Chats. Chaotic punk band from Australia, all their songs are under three minutes and all of them are stupidly catchy.

Cheers Dip! Great work and loving the descriptions too!

It's hard to recommend bands with out knowing the sort of music some likes. However, if you like the poppy end of the Cure think "happy sad" for want of a better term then I recommend Pale Waves.

Sam Fender is quality even if low down on the poster but a big artist (think a sad Bruce Springsteen)

If indie/punk is your bag then check out Sports Team & Creeper.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:30 PM, dip said:

Aye Brutus are class, Saw beabadoobee support the 1975 last weekend, cracking act.

40 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Sorry to be that guy but... we aren’t under threat of cancellation because of Coronavirus, are we? Apparently the U.K. government is content to keep public summer events running, what’s the latest from Spain?

In relation to this, anyone such as myself travelling from the UK or otherwise should make sure they have their travel insurance sorted. Might help out big time should anything happen cancellation wise.

5 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

In relation to this, anyone such as myself travelling from the UK or otherwise should make sure they have their travel insurance sorted. Might help out big time should anything happen cancellation wise.

This this & this ^^. Also @wro_lap very valid question given the severity of the virus.

I'm (supposedly) flying out to Amsterdam in four weeks time, all is covered for now and the air b n b even lets me get a full refund with reasonable notice.

22 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Sorry to be that guy but... we aren’t under threat of cancellation because of Coronavirus, are we? Apparently the U.K. government is content to keep public summer events running, what’s the latest from Spain?

Too soon to talk. The epidemy might escalate even further, at that point I doubt any event will take place, honestly. On the other hand, I believe we are just victims of media terrorism to some extent, so there is no reason at the moment to be so pessimistic about the situation (and I'm talking as an Italian who lives in the biggest city of the most hit region)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Too soon to talk. The epidemy might escalate even further, at that point I doubt any event will take place, honestly. On the other hand, I believe we are just victims of media terrorism to some extent, so there is no reason at the moment to be so pessimistic about the situation (and I'm talking as an Italian who lives in the biggest city of the most hit region)

Festivals and shows have began being cancelled in Asia, suppose anything can happen in four months for better or worse.

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

They aren't cancelling concerts here for now + festivals take place in open spaces, the real problem would be concerts in closed spaces. I'm not worried at all! + coronavirus apparently doesn't survive high temperatures so... 

15 hours ago, fifioke said:

Is anyone else staying at NYX Hotel?

What's the best way of getting to the festival, it's only like 20min drive from the hotel so thinking of just doing Uber but I heard there were shuttles or something?

Good hotel, i live near.

If this year the underground will be open, you must go in line 8. All years have buses to return to plaza castilla, 20 min walking of your hotel.