Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 minutes ago, sariris said:

It says that there's gonna be some last minute surprises I'm-

So I guess the line-up isn't fully closed, but don't expect anything great, just in case. They will probably add some names to day 1.

8BA5BA49-0FFB-4198-AC4A-F68A5409B4DC.jpeg

Does that read as extra last minute surprises, e.g. new added bands, or the usual festival stuff of bands dropping out/being replaced?

6 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Does that read as extra last minute surprises, e.g. new added bands, or the usual festival stuff of bands dropping out/being replaced?

new added bands, I guess!

It says: In the absence of the talent bands and some last minute surprises, the line-up is full.

So we can expect those talent bands and last minutes surprises being announced in the following months. But, again, don't expect anything huge just in case...

Edited by sariris

1 hour ago, sariris said:

new added bands, I guess!

It says: In the absence of the talent bands and some last minute surprises, the line-up is full.

So we can expect those talent bands and last minutes surprises being announced in the following months. But, again, don't expect anything huge just in case...

Thanks - I managed with the Spanish, but just wanted an idea of the tone. With any festival you get a few bands falling ill etc. and getting replaced, so just trying to gauge if it was surprises for us or the organisers :)

Very very very low, actually. They're probably saying that so people don't sell the tickets they bought when they thought that the headliners were The Strokes and Red Hot Chili Peppers or just one of them + Royal Blood. Like "hang on!! don't do anything!! MORE SURPRISES ARE COMING".

Spoiler alert: They are selling them anyway.

The actual surprise: THESE 9 SMALL BANDS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ARE BEING ADDED!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, sariris said:

Spoiler alert: They are selling them anyway.

That's the power of (bad) PR.

The lineup is worth 200€, but when you follow high expectations due to your own mistakes, generating hype and a price rise with an utterly underwhelming announcement, you get an angry and disappointed mob regardless. 

And it is solely their own doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degu said:

Probably more than 200€ 

Roskilde 305 €

Sziget 299€ 

Glastonbury 315€

Werchter 243€

PS 205€

Nos 203€ 

MC 196€ 

BBK 163€

Roskilde and Sziget are a week-long, Glasto not even gonna gonna compare, Werchter you buy a well established product and same goes for PS.

Is Mad Cool "price-convenient"? Yes, as almost any festival, as for that cost you would end up seeing at best 2-3 headliner shows with all the hassle of going to big venues and stuff. 

Does Mad Cool have a nice-shaped lineup? Yes, despite the fact that they literally shat on fans in the last months, they were far too ahead to lost this game.

Is Mad Cool a "good" festival? No, not even close, organization-price-marketing wise is a really stinky piece of shit.

Will I go to Mad Cool? Yes, but it probably won't be worth the money I will also spend on Sziget. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, pryce said:

How would people rank the headliner in terms of who you are most excited to see (not who you like more)

Taylor swift

Faith no more

Billie Eilish

Royal Blood

Alt J

Mumford and sons 

The killers 

21 pilots 

Kings of leon

The Killers

Taylor Swift

Kings of Leon

Twenty One Pilots

Alt-J

Royal Blood

Billie Eilish

Mumfords

Faith No More

But I'm only going on the first three days so don't get KoL or FNM. T-Swift would probably be first but The Killers are just incredible live.

6 hours ago, Degu said:

Why?

Simply put, my experience in 2018 was mixed. And it was mixed and not awful exclusively due to the incredible lineup. Everything else was underwhelming: the problems at day 1 with hours in line under the sun with no-fucking-body coming to hand a bottle of water, the subsequent inability to pay with credit card the water once we got in (btw it was something like 2 € for 0,25 l of water), hence the incredible lines at the bars, the over-crowded area (which I reckon they have fixed), the lack of shade in the whole site except for the VIP areas (Madrid in July), the little to zero presence of bathrooms, the Massive Attack incident, the incredibly difficult come back home after each night because the transportation system was inefficient for the vast part of the city (and they communicated the solution adopted only like 2 weeks before), etc.

I could go on for a while, but I guess you got the idea.

18 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

You can't really compare 2018 with 2020.

Not many huge Alternative Rock Bands are around this year.

If you look at other festivals this season, I think Mad Cool still did a really good job (besides Strokes cancellation) and you get a lot of the largest acts, that are available.

I didn't even expected such a huge replacement like Mumford & Sons, butI know they are not everyone's cup of tea here, though.

I'd agree with that tbf - 2018 was a really strong year across Europe for festivals. Its still stronger imo than last year, where there were a lot of line-ups that felt like they struggled to get names of interest, but its not quite at the same level.

17 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Simply put, my experience in 2018 was mixed. And it was mixed and not awful exclusively due to the incredible lineup. Everything else was underwhelming: the problems at day 1 with hours in line under the sun with no-fucking-body coming to hand a bottle of water, the subsequent inability to pay with credit card the water once we got in (btw it was something like 2 € for 0,25 l of water), hence the incredible lines at the bars, the over-crowded area (which I reckon they have fixed), the lack of shade in the whole site except for the VIP areas (Madrid in July), the little to zero presence of bathrooms, the Massive Attack incident, the incredibly difficult come back home after each night because the transportation system was inefficient for the vast part of the city (and they communicated the solution adopted only like 2 weeks before), etc.

I could go on for a while, but I guess you got the idea.

And all that was fixed last year.

1 hour ago, -Roger- said:

And all that was fixed last year.

It''s not totally true, because last year there was much less crowd comape to 2018.

Thw day of Bon Iver were only 40,000 compare to 80,000 each day in 2018. Even the day of the Cure were approxemtly 55,000.

So it was much more easy to handle rageading the queses in the bars, traffic etc.

3 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

It''s not totally true, because last year there was much less crowd comape to 2018.

Thw day of Bon Iver were only 40,000 compare to 80,000 each day in 2018. Even the day of the Cure were approxemtly 55,000.

So it was much more easy to handle rageading the queses in the bars, traffic etc.

This year the limit is 60k, so it’s gonna be easy still