Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

My must see list, hope for no clashes: Alt-J, Brutus, Cage The Elephant ,The Comet is Coming, Creeper, Deftones, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Faith No More, Floating Points, Foals, Four Tet, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Glass Animals, Highly Suspect, The Killers, Kings of Leon, London Grammar, Nothing But Thieves, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, Refused, Royal Blood, Sleep Token, Tycho, Wolf Alice, Yungblud.

Edited by qz3

39 minutes ago, activean said:

Stop moaning, fantastic lineup again, 3rd year in a row! 

I wish Sziget (closer to me) had lineup like this. 

Same here, 2018, 2019 aaaaaaand this year totally hit my taste.

Flight, hotel, ticket etc is a little bit too much for me for just a festival.

If this would be nearby I'd go absolutely every year.

Where does the hate regarding Mumford & Sons actually coming from? I wish they'd do a full backround cause I wasn't able to catch them last year...

I was trying to follow the announcement and reaction this morning at a work event and it was a lot more entertaining than the event itself!

Underwhelming final announcement but the line up is solid overall and really looking forward to it.  They could have saved some of the undercard stuff for later and made the final announcement stronger but it looks like it's paid off for them in terms of ticket sales.

Edited by WFD

....but just to add a slight concern - hope they aren't shutting down all of the other stages for Mumford & Sons?  Each to their own, but I've got no intention of watching them and would rather take a punt on someone else on a smaller stage.

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

....but just to add a slight concern - hope they aren't shutting down all of the other stages for Mumford & Sons?  Each to their own, but I've got no intention of watching them and would rather take a punt on someone else on a smaller stage.

They haven't in previous years - They are unlikely to be the last on, and there are likely to be 3/4 other stages running at once, and maybe 6-8 bands will overlap with part of their set.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ouch, that Friday sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't it? My advice, get a weekend ticket, go on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Take Friday off and explore Madrid, it's a wonderful city. Less than EUR200 for 3 days is still reasonable value.

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes are worth the Friday ticket alone, trust me.

• Upvote 1

You can't really compare 2018 with 2020.

Not many huge Alternative Rock Bands are around this year.

If you look at other festivals this season, I think Mad Cool still did a really good job (besides Strokes cancellation) and you get a lot of the largest acts, that are available.

I didn't even expected such a huge replacement like Mumford & Sons, butI know they are not everyone's cup of tea here, though.

Wednesday: Wolf Alice, 21P, The Regrettes, The Last Internationale, Sports Team, Sea Girls

Thursday: Billie EilishThe Killers.PaakDeftones, Pabst, Refused, Cage the Elephant, The Comet is Coming, Pale Waves, Floating Points, Foals, Brutus

Friday: ParcelsRoyal Blood, Tycho, Frank Carter, The Chats, Alt-J, Nothing but Thieves, Spielbergs, Tove Lo

Saturday: Faith no MoreThe Pixies, London Grammar, Warmduscher, Dinosaur Pile-up, Marika Hackman, Modeselektor, KoL, The Struts, The Rapture

Thursday and Saturday are stacked and will inevitably be clashy af. Wednesday and Friday are on the weak side, but overall enough to keep me entertained. 

Not enough people are talking about Warmduscher, they're amazing 😁

13 hours ago, WFD said:

They won't. It is likely this will happen with Taylor Swift, tho, as the lineup that day is missing in numbers

13 hours ago, bluenova said:

They haven't in previous years - They are unlikely to be the last on, and there are likely to be 3/4 other stages running at once, and maybe 6-8 bands will overlap with part of their set.

They did something close to it with Pearl Jam in 2018 if I recall correctly

13 hours ago, bluenova said:

The concern comes from M&S having done that previously elsewhere, e.g. at Latitude.