Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

do you know what happened to tame impala?

It was never their intention to do festivals in 2020. Because of the tour last year. There were some negotiations with festivals, and they created a gap in their US tour, you never know. 
But it is far more lucrative for them to do a festivaltour next year. Interesting to see first how their arena tour will sell. 

• Upvote 1

Well, not even worth mentioning about Mumford as we all seem to think the same. Bumping Alt-J is an admission that its overall fairly poor.

Its hardly a Triumvirate of headliners.

Actually, I like Royal Blood but like others have said they should not be headlining this. The only silver lining in for me is that I am also going to Victorious and my partner wants to see Nile Rodgers which might clash with RB. So we can see Royal Blood here and go see Nile & Chic in Portsmouth.

This is so poor.

2 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

Having lost Kendrick and Strokes as headliners is really shameful for Mad Cool. It's the worst line-up of Mad Cool ever (I've been to all editions)

Btw, it's probably the last year of Mad Cool as they are having big problems with Madrid's town hall.

The main lesson is: don’t start a 4 day festival if your deals are not signed! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

As expected, Instagram says this announcement concludes the lineup.

And what a sad conclusion this is. 

Maybe I'm out of touch, but last year's final announcement had more than a dozen bands that I'd heard of. Apart from Mumford and Royal Blood, I haven't heard of anybody on this list.

Just now, bluenova said:

Maybe I'm out of touch, but last year's final announcement had more than a dozen bands that I'd heard of. Apart from Mumford and Royal Blood, I haven't heard of anybody on this list.

Think i'm in the same boat, there's a famous saying 'Save the best til last' can anybody translate  and send to MC ;).

I don't mind it, better than Liam Gallagher, prefer royal blood to the strokes... Don't care for mumford, but can enjoy with with a cold beer on hand

Waxaxhtee, Shura, last Internationale and the Chats are all great additions and worth a listen. 

Mad Cools inability to handle business correctly will be the reason why they will never be the big respected festival they want to be.  The time will come when they wont be able to book any big acts at all. With the relocation problem also looming, does it even stand a chance existing much longer? Was it ever they plan to last more than 5 years if they cared very little about maintaining a professional connection with artists? I know M&S are headline worthy (well not for me but I get that they have a fan base) so I am not crapping all over them. Just can't hide my disappointment with this wet fart of conclusion.

I think looking at it from a UK Festival point of view. A day of Mumford, Royal Blood, Alt J and Haim would be considered pretty strong. Along with Nothing But Thieves and Frank Carter there is plenty that day to keep me happy. MCR and the Strokes would have been incredible but the lineup is still really strong regardless!