Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

4 hours ago, joaommaia said:

I did some experiences with the font and I think you'll get Pet Shop Boys, but, obviously, the point could be in an incorrect position...

Can’t see BBK giving up their big draw and sharing two headliners? 
it won’t be PSB 

13 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

Ken19 speaks as a representative of Werchter and it feels he has a lot of joy to say bad things about Mad Cool becuse they take a lot of their potential buyers (like me where i used to visit Werchter before Mad cool). Mad Cool published their lineup earlier and due to this fact have more eyes earlier compare to Werchter.

It seems to me too, not so fair play for this guy here, he is too persistent in talking shit about MC, looks obsessive,  he has attention whore trouble previously in this forum  (maybe not deserved) but in his continuous derogatory  turns about MC  I think he crossed the line.

I hope he returns at his role as RW/Belgium expert, what is amusing

• Downvote 13

I like Mumford. Saw them at BBK a couple of years ago having never really listened to them and thought they were great. I have also seen Royal Blood x3 and they are the nuts live - unbelievable volume and energy from a duo. As are Pet Shop Boys for different reasons, class act. RHCP was literally one of the worst gigs I went to, a complete let down at Birmingham NEC c4 years ago. The Stokes, I think I am the only one on here that is meh about them, honestly cannot name a tune beyond Last Night 🤣 Nothing But Thieves (brilliant live), Parcels, Highly Suspect and Frank Carter are all good on Friday right now but I can't wait to see what they put on to load that day up now!

58 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

It seems to me too, not so fair play for this guy here, he is too persistent in talking shit about MC, looks obsessive,  he has attention whore trouble previously in this forum  (maybe not deserved) but in his continuous derogatory  turns about MC  I think he crossed the line.

@Ken19 posts some of the most interesting comments on this forum and I hope he doesn't stop due to stupid comments like this.

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

@Ken19 posts some of the most interesting comments on this forum and I hope he doesn't stop due to stupid comments like this.

Very True, the posts from @Ken19 have been the most informative over the last few months. I've no idea where these stupid comments have come from.

1 hour ago, Big Kahuna said:

Seems to me you are the one crossing the line by being an internet troll..

2 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

Hero of the day you are... 😆

Mad Cool is a great concept. They have a lot of money and is potentially a GREAT partner for Rock Werchter. Live Nation... As you know, Herman did bring in the recent past some great bands to Mad Cool. He's having the network and is one of the guys that can bring a tour together (Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, even Nine Inch Nails...), and always offers a show at Mad Cool. Some great bands are not really keen to play on a relatively new festival. But if Mad Cool shows no interest in an artist after the booking, or is not gently during a booking, or is doing big mistakes (easy to avoid honestly), announcing artists before a contract is signed (2018 !!!)... 

So read my post carefully. Rock Werchter would be very happy with Mad Cool, this can be a key festival to make a festivaltour for some bands very interesting. As you know, festivals are working together to have a band in their period in Europe (the Rage Against The Machine story for example). But they have to be far more professional, and fast. Focus on the right things. The story about how they missed The Strokes is already legendary in the business, unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Hero of the day you are... 😆

Mad Cool is a great concept. They have a lot of money and is potentially a GREAT partner for Rock Werchter. Live Nation... As you know, Herman did bring in the recent past some great bands to Mad Cool. He's having the network and is one of the guys that can bring a tour together (Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, even Nine Inch Nails...), and always offers a show at Mad Cool. Some great bands are not really keen to play on a relatively new festival. But if Mad Cool shows no interest in an artist after the booking, or is not gently during a booking, or is doing big mistakes (easy to avoid honestly), announcing artists before a contract is signed (2018 !!!)... 

So read my post carefully. Rock Werchter would be very happy with Mad Cool, this can be a key festival to make a festivaltour for some bands very interesting. As you know, festivals are working together to have a band in their period in Europe (the Rage Against The Machine story for example). But they have to be far more professional, and fast. Focus on the right things. The story about how they missed The Strokes is already legendary in the business, unbelievable. 

Hi Ken,

thank you for all your interesting information.

So can you confirm or gently nod that the story happened like this: MC had The Strokes, but HAIM revealed them before the announcement, so the Strokes cancelled their appearance, or we are missing some details, which were not told here?

Its just for the curiosity.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What else did they do?

Were they pressing them to announce early? Can't imagine it was a money issue

I think so, because the clue that ended up being The Killers and Kings of Leon could also apply to The Strokes. They clearly wanted to announce them that day. I think HAIM posted the draft that same day...

Edited by sariris