Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

32 minutes ago, pryce said:

I think I'm the only one who would rather mumford than RHCP, never been able to wash Leeds fest 2007 out of my ears and thoughts, horrendous live act. 

Ha glad I'm not the only one. Was really looking forward to them but that was such a bad show. Started amazing with Cant stop, dani California and otherside...then an hour of very little the crowd knew. I know they're a "jam" band but 15 mins jam at the end after give it away, at the expense of under the bridge or something else the crowd knew isn't great at a big festival. 

That said, maybe a new lease of life with the original guitarist back?

Hope it's them and someone else ending in "s" than Royal Blood - very bland at Reading for me last year 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ha glad I'm not the only one. Was really looking forward to them but that was such a bad show. Started amazing with Cant stop, dani California and otherside...then an hour of very little the crowd knew. I know they're a "jam" band but 15 mins jam at the end after give it away, at the expense of under the bridge or something else the crowd knew isn't great at a big festival. 

That said, maybe a new lease of life with the original guitarist back?

Hope it's them and someone else ending in "s" than Royal Blood - very bland at Reading for me last year 

I wondered off to Hot hot heat who were cracking in the tent, mainly for that one song from the OC! 

2 hours ago, misterplow said:

A Mumford and Royal Blood combo? Please no. Mumford is a good get but I find them very bland. And Royal Blood wouldn't even be a good get. How on earth would that be considered a 'headliner sized' act.

They were still without headliners earlier this month. Unfortunately sudden pullouts cannot always be replaced by top class material.

Many people said earlier that the lineup was ace no matter who would fill in those last slots. And I'm pretty sure that a M&S/RB combo is sufficient to shift some more tickets.

18 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

They were still without headliners earlier this month. Unfortunately sudden pullouts cannot always be replaced by top class material.

Many people said earlier that the lineup was ace no matter who would fill in those last slots. And I'm pretty sure that a M&S/RB combo is sufficient to shift some more tickets.

Are you @Dietediet 100% sure that the 2 co-headliners are M & S and RB?

Let's hope it will be The Strokes....

Edited by rfnd91

1 minute ago, tomj99 said:

Any idea if we’d get an undercard announcement when headliners get announced too?

also, was there a price increase for tickets when the final acts were announced in 2019 & 2018? 

Yes. The whole lineup will be announced on Thursday including some meduim size acts

3 hours ago, Traci said:

Could MC be playing with us and add further letters tomorrow where the S and R are only part of the names and not the end and the beginning 🤷🏼‍♀️

The dot between them is pretty telling. I imagine we'll get a few more letters tomorrow that'll make it obvious what combination of Pet Shop Boys/Strokes/Mumfords + Royal Blood/RHCP/Rosalia we get.

Purely a guess but I reckon it'll be PSB + RHCP. None of the -S's seem all that convincing to me though, maybe we'll get someone a bit left field. Do Spanish festivals tend to share headliners? Would rule out Strokes and PSB.

Part of me is desperately clinging on for the 0.0001% chance of it being Radiohead. Thom and Ed are both doing solo stuff but are both free on the Friday... 👀👀 

5 hours ago, y0ungtitan said:

The dot between them is pretty telling. I imagine we'll get a few more letters tomorrow that'll make it obvious what combination of Pet Shop Boys/Strokes/Mumfords + Royal Blood/RHCP/Rosalia we get.

Purely a guess but I reckon it'll be PSB + RHCP. None of the -S's seem all that convincing to me though, maybe we'll get someone a bit left field. Do Spanish festivals tend to share headliners? Would rule out Strokes and PSB.

Part of me is desperately clinging on for the 0.0001% chance of it being Radiohead. Thom and Ed are both doing solo stuff but are both free on the Friday... 👀👀 

PSB are discarded by the spanish forum

19 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

From the Spanish forum 

IMG_20200225_115913.jpg

This post has got forgotten when actually reveals clearly how the font size of the headliner is much bigger in the teasing of MC than in the original poster.

My bet goes for The Strokes and Rosalia.

Second line missing an act too? Hope so...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I don’t know who is playing. I think that was pretty clear if you read my previous posts. On the other side i know that they had a lot of problems with their line up. And which bands are refusing to play at Mad Cool. This information makes the combo mumford and royal blood making sense. 

Is this a bluff ;) I'm sure we'll find out in due time