Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

17 minutes ago, rfnd91 said:

Just a speculation (which i hope doesn't true): Rock Werchter and Sziget which are in my opnion the 2 main rivals of Mad cool of attracting internatioal people, have undestood that Mad Cool have problems with booking acts and presuade The Strokes to cancel their apperance and also presuade some other acts to refuse to show up.

Ken19 speaks as a representative of Werchter and it feels he has a lot of joy to say bad things about Mad Cool becuse they take a lot of their potential buyers (like me where i used to visit Werchter before Mad cool). Mad Cool published their lineup earlier and due to this fact have more eyes earlier compare to Werchter.

Off course the management of Mad cool messdd it up with the poster etc, but it feels there somethong behind.

It's realy intereasting for me to hear your opnion about this idea....

Of course all festivals are competitors but I don't think organisers are going to talk shit about other festivals to big headliners. If The Strokes don't want to play Mad Cool because they think the organisers are unprofessional or whatever reason they have, they will sure as hell not play festivals trashtalking other festivals because that is even more unprofessional.

Actually, I think the opposite happens more often: festivals keeping good relations with each other and working together to get a big headliner to tour in Europe.

Well they surely wouldn't increase the price and hype everything up just to announce a band nobody wants and one that's big enough for the second line at best, would they? 

I know this is Mad Cool we're talking about, but even they couldn't do something that dumb? 

Right? RIGHT?! 

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

Like others here, I don't like Mumford or his Sons.

However, who efestival members like and the general public like can often be miles apart. So they might get trashed here and on other forums but they go down well with the general crowd.

I'm from Spain and imo Mumford wouldn't sell that many tickets. I mean, they're known, but I don't think they have that many fans here...

Just now, q1203 said:

who likes mumford & sons? hahaha

Guys, let's be positive:) lol

It all started becauue of Glastonbury - they gave them the first chance to headline if i'm not mistaken.

It's the same with Stromzy - It just have upgraded his international status quite dramticlly. 

31 minutes ago, sariris said:

I know that I asked it before BUT do you think that they are announcing tomorrow, or another clue tomorrow and announcement on thursday?

I feel like it'll be tomorrow. Don't see what other clue they could give. 

People also reading way too much into the price rise, it doesn't mean anything in regard to size of the headliner.

Lastly, just because M&S are hated here doesn't make them small.

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Realmente no me gustan Mumford and Sons, pero me temo que son grandes en España. Las entradas no son cambiadas por personas en los foros y estamos lejos de ser representativos de los principales gustos del público. Habiendo dicho eso, todavía no creo que sea Mumford basado únicamente en los comentarios de la información privilegiada. 

I´m spanish and I dont think so

Mumford and Sons are pretty big in Spain. They did both Barcelona/Madrid a year ago with +10k attendance each.

Those numbers ain't easy to make in Spain for an """""indiewhatever""""" band. I'm not sure if KOL would do it, for example. 

I can't be less excited about the idea of them being headliners, but they're pretty big in Spain (and for years now, as they've been one of the most succesful bands through fests like Benicassim or BBK in the past).

I don't think they are big here either! They're known, sure, but not a band that would sell a lot of tickets by taking a headlining spot.

Aaaaand I don't know... why would they post a clue today if they're announcing on thursday? why wouldn't they wait until tomorrow for the clue and then announce on thursday??? If they're announcing on thursday I would expect another clue tomorrow.

1 minute ago, YunT said:

Mumford and Sons are pretty big in Spain. They did both Barcelona/Madrid a year ago with +10k attendance each.

Those numbers ain't easy to make in Spain for an """""indiewhatever""""" band. I'm not sure if KOL would do it, for example. 

I can't be less excited about the idea of them being headliners, but they're pretty big in Spain (and for years now, as they've been one of the most succesful bands through fests like Benicassim or BBK in the past).

Are you talking about that 360º concert back in 2018? wasn't it just Madrid? It was really expensive... I don't remember if they sold out or not.

1 minute ago, sariris said:

I don't think they are big here either! They're known, sure, but not a band that would sell a lot of tickets by taking a headlining spot.

Aaaaand I don't know... why would they post a clue today if they're announcing on thursday? why wouldn't they wait until tomorrow for the clue and then announce on thursday??? If they're announcing on thursday I would expect another clue tomorrow.

They started posting clues on Sunday, not just today. I'm expecting another clue/announcement tomorrow before the price change. By announcing the headliners after the increase they get sales before and after. No point on increasing prices after disclosing the full thing at least from a sales perspective. But MC seems to do pretty stupid things sometimes so... Who knows? 

10 minutes ago, sariris said:

Are you talking about that 360º concert back in 2018? wasn't it just Madrid? It was really expensive... I don't remember if they sold out or not.

They didn't sell out any of the dates, but they managed to put up some great numbers in both arenas with expensive prices..

Just now, yosoyyoberdi said:

They started posting clues on Sunday, not just today. I'm expecting another clue/announcement tomorrow before the price change. By announcing the headliners after the increase they get sales before and after. No point on increasing prices after disclosing the full thing at least from a sales perspective. But MC seems to do pretty stupid things sometimes so... Who knows? 

By clue I meant something solid! (like... the letters and all) but yeah, I also think that they are posting another clue tomorrow before the announcement on thursday.