Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

I hope he doesn’t cancel his plans like last year 😅

AHH so like @chunkychips127 and @Sziget2020_Leaks also said the announcement was delayed. But do you maybe have any info why? And if he is not cancelling his plans he will play festivals during August such as Sziget, Pkp and Lowlands or festivals during July as well?

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I think you’ve generally come up with decent enough info, but if you are aware of who’s playing, surely you can give people here a hint. It’s hardly going to land you in the shit

I think Ken has to be careful just like other insiders can imagine people at livenation/mojo don't like to lose their job for such a thing. 

Just now, The_Preach said:

I think Ken has to be careful just like other insiders can imagine people at livenation/mojo don't like to lose their job for such a thing. 

Agreed, but surely Live Nation wouldn’t have a clue who’s posted, unless it’s obvious from user name

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I think you’ve generally come up with decent enough info, but if you are aware of who’s playing, surely you can give people here a hint. It’s hardly going to land you in the shit

I don’t know who is playing. I think that was pretty clear if you read my previous posts. On the other side i know that they had a lot of problems with their line up. And which bands are refusing to play at Mad Cool. This information makes the combo mumford and royal blood making sense. 

8 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I don’t know who is playing. I think that was pretty clear if you read my previous posts. On the other side i know that they had a lot of problems with their line up. And which bands are refusing to play at Mad Cool. This information makes the combo mumford and royal blood making sense. 

Fair enough. Just hope you’re miles off the mark with mumford. Such an awful band

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, Cactusgirl said:

Yes delivered to UK! Got flights and apt yesterday too!! Will be our 3rd year!

Sounds great! This will be my second year if I manage to get this ticket sorted... since I made the order on the fnac website on 16th February it hasn’t gone through and PayPal is saying this - ‘This is a temporary authorisation to make sure your funding source can cover the payment. Your funding source will be charged when Fnac completes the order’. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I don’t know how to contact Fnac as everything is in spanish... but it seems like I might need to? Did anyone else have this problem? Help! Thank you

51 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Calvin Harris is not an easy act to book honestly

I believe you that he may be difficult to book. I was coming from the angle of a last minute booking. Surely its easier to get a DJ to  just turn up and do a set then a live band with all there gear.I know DJ's like to try to blind us with there skills but at then end of the day he is just a guy who turns up and plays music.

I am not knocking DJ's and used to be in to clubbing in my youth and still love electronic music but if you needed to get an act all of a sudden I thought it would be easier to book a DJ rather then a band.

Just now, Dales said:

I believe you that he may be difficult to book. I was coming from the angle of a last minute booking. Surely its easier to get a DJ to  just turn up and do a set then a live band with all there gear.I know DJ's like to try to blind us with there skills but at then end of the day he is just a guy who turns up and plays music.

I am not knocking DJ's and used to be in to clubbing in my youth and still love electronic music but if you needed to get an act all of a sudden I thought it would be easier to book a DJ rather then a band.

Calvin Harris is only doing shows with a huge production. And he is more a studio man than somebody who loves to do shows. That makes the difference. 

Just a speculation (which i hope doesn't true): Rock Werchter and Sziget which are in my opnion the 2 main rivals of Mad cool of attracting internatioal people, have undestood that Mad Cool have problems with booking acts and presuade The Strokes to cancel their apperance and also presuade some other acts to refuse to show up.

Ken19 speaks as a representative of Werchter and it feels he has a lot of joy to say bad things about Mad Cool becuse they take a lot of their potential buyers (like me where i used to visit Werchter before Mad cool). Mad Cool published their lineup earlier and due to this fact have more eyes earlier compare to Werchter.

Off course the management of Mad cool messdd it up with the poster etc, but it feels there somethong behind.

It's realy intereasting for me to hear your opnion about this idea....

Edited by rfnd91
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Calvin Harris is only doing shows with a huge production. And he is more a studio man than somebody who loves to do shows. That makes the difference. 

Fair enough. He has come along way since the last time I saw him which I think was back in 2010 supporting Tiesto at Victoria Park.

But the guy in the spanish forum (an insider) said that Mad Cool wouldn't have to say sorry for their friday headliners (implying that they would be awesome)... if they turn up being Mumford and Sons and Royal Blood... I don't know, but I've seen a lot of people saying that they do not want Mumford, and Royal Blood is not headliner material.

If so, people would be mad as fuck and not precisely in a cool way.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sariris said:

But the guy in the spanish forum (an insider) said that Mad Cool wouldn't have to say sorry for their friday headliners (implying that they would be awesome)... if they turn up being Mumford and Sons and Royal Blood... I don't know, but I've seen a lot of people saying that they do not want Mumford, and Royal Blood is not headliner material.

Hope so. I Just got a feeling that the tickets sales of Werchter is slow and they will do everything in order to attract as much international people as possible. Maybe i worng but this is how it works in the football world and i assume also in the music industry

Edited by rfnd91

Just now, sariris said:

For me mumford are the dregs of headliners. Just a terrible band.

Don’t mind RB, but they’re nowhere near headliner material.  Only get a limited sound with a bass and drum kit. Gets a bit tedious for a 90 min set

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

They could have avoided any speculation about the strokes by putting the bands the other way around the big snakes.

My hopes are up but preparing for the worst also (Mumford and Sons)

well... first one is always the best known so if it ends up being Red Hot Chili Peppers and Royal Blood, there's no way that they could have put Royal Blood before RHCP.

I know that I asked it before BUT do you think that they are announcing tomorrow, or another clue tomorrow and announcement on thursday?