Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

I'd say for 'S' the most likely names would be Calvin Harris, The Strokes, The Libertines due to activity in Europe at the time (i would love for it to be Stevie Nicks though) and for 'R' its either RHCP or Rosalia

Somebody mentioned earlier that a few indie/rock festivals had a missing headliner, would make sense for Mumford to announce a few festival dates alongside a tour

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'd say for 'S' the most likely names would be Calvin Harris, 

I was trying to avoid him but if you need a late name booking all he has to do is jump on a plane turn up, plug his lap top in and there you go.

Does Mad Cool have any history of DJ's as headliners on the main stages?

I don,t know how this is going to end... but what is cristaline is that MC, ONCE AGAIN, has gotten attention for fans, I think the traffic in this thread today could be a record, all music fans are thrilled, confused, excited or frustrated by the gymkhana.

That strategy is double edged sword , cause that "S" and that "R", in the mind of majority of MC fans only could mind one thing, and Mumford/ Royal Blood, being two good additions, and expensive, do not fullfill, by far, that infatuation.

So, attention is attracted, everybody is talking Mad Cool, but be careful with that snowball you set rolling... last year experience was not enough?

Just now, Dales said:

I was trying to avoid him but if you need a late name booking all he has to do is jump on a plane turn up, plug his lap top in and there you go.

Does Mad Cool have any history of DJ's as headliners on the main stages?

Never had a DJ Headliner but before this year they never had a pop star headlining so think they're ignoring the usual booking policies this year, but besides never having a headliner they're fine with having DJ's on the main stages, Major Lazer will most likely play main stage this year, Chemical Brothers did last year

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Never had a DJ Headliner but before this year they never had a pop star headlining so think they're ignoring the usual booking policies this year, but besides never having a headliner they're fine with having DJ's on the main stages, Major Lazer will most likely play main stage this year, Chemical Brothers did last year

I suppose, if you wanted a big name DJ as a headliner, then he ticks the box.

Just now, q1203 said:

Why Mumford and sons if they haven´t got any date announce on europe?

Somebody that i assume is a trusted source on here said that the headliners are Mumford / Royal Blood but earlier in the day they said it was Tame Impala / Royal Blood so believe it if you want but take it with a pinch of salt

3 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

His Europe dates are currently:

May 22nd Big Weekend, UK

Aug 5th Sziget, Hungary

Aug 27 Creamfields, UK

so a very big gap that could be a break or he may fill with extra dates

He would be an easy act to book if they were really pushed to get some one at the last minute but would rather he was not a "headliner" if they go for him.

1 minute ago, Dales said:

He would be an easy act to book if they were really pushed to get some one at the last minute but would rather he was not a "headliner" if they go for him.

Definitely wouldn't be my first choice but would silly to disregard him as a potential headliner just because i don't want him to be, still got my fingers crossed for The Strokes or Stevie Nicks (highly unlikely she'll show up though)

20 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Anyone considered the strokes and red hot chilli peppers with royal blood added as a new act at the start of the second. Row?

I would be happy with that as I like Royal Blood but assume we are only talking about them because of the starting with R thing. 

Following the HAIM poster leak and the imminent price increase, surely MC are setting themselves up for a lot of backlash with today’s teaser if The Strokes aren’t announced as one of the headliners.

Lost count of the comments on twitter/ IG of people expecting The Strokes TBA.