Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

32 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Foals are currently bigger than Royal Blood in the UK in my opinion, would seem weird to have one headlining and the other on the second line.. surely it must be RHCP with Rage now being ruled out, or maybe i'm just being optimistic

Yeah foals are defo bigger. Royal Blood demoted themselves to academies last year but foals still doing arenas. There was lots of talk over foals headlining Glasto but now it seems more likely they’d be a “pyramid size other stage headliner” if they were there

Edited by wro_lap

7 minutes ago, sariris said:

I didn't even know about Royal Blood until you talked about them lol (and my musical knowledge is pretty good). That's how big they're here in Spain.

Okay this feels pretty conclusive that they won’t be headliners. 

I think we’re down to RHCP vs Rosalia

edit: just remembered Rosalia played last year and MC dont do direct repeats. Got to be RHCP now

Edited by wro_lap

Whether you like them or not, at least one of the names must be a huge artist. If they were not then would you bother trying to create hype around the announcement with the dot and then S & R letters. If they fairly moderate names, would you not just announce them and get it out of the way. Why bother teasing for the two average sized headliners that may look weak next to the other days.

So if one is Royal Blood (Who I like) or Rosalia (Who I don't) then I think the other S name will be big.

There, I go buying in to the idea that it might be The Strokes 🙂

I do think we will get at least one big rock name, well I hope so anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

Whether you like them or not, at least one of the names must be a huge artist. If they were not then would you bother trying to create hype around the announcement with the dot and then S & R letters. If they fairly moderate names, would you not just announce them and get it out of the way. Why bother teasing for the two average sized headliners that may look weak next to the other days.

So if one is Royal Blood (Who I like) or Rosalia (Who I don't) then I think the other S name will be big.

There, I go buying in to the idea that it might be The Strokes 🙂

I do think we will get at least one big rock name, well I hope so anyway.

No festival in the history of festivals is going to say anything other than their headliners are brilliant and huge etc. 

Building the announcement up means nothing in regards to how big the headliners will be; it's just advertising.

As for the price rise people have mentioned- I think it was due regardless of who was booked. I got my 4 day ticket for around 160 quid which is a bargain considering what you'd pay for this lineup in the UK. T Swift alone is probs half that figure.

2 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

I thought one of the insiders from the Spanish festival said it wouldn't be a guitar band? Like them or not I would place RHCP as a guitar band...

Nope! He said that somebody told him that he wouldn't like the headliners, that they weren't his cup of tea. Red Hot Chili Peppers isn't classic rock like The Who, Rolling Stones etc. So yeah, they could be playing this! just like The Strokes and that type of bands. 

3 minutes ago, rfnd91 said:

Nobody knows or have some clues regarding the undercard?

No, just pick some random names and hope. I think we are all caught up in who the headliners are. The under card, could be almost anyone, although I don't expect to many big names but you never know.