Superunknown

2 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

Awaiting Thursday 12: 00 PM

Best Case Scenario: RCHP/Strokes

Second Best: RCHP or Strokes/ Tame Impala

Mid Scenario : Stokes/Liam

Second Worst : Tame Impala/ Post Malone or Liam

Worst Case Scenario: Post Malone/Liam

Have you seen Liam live? He is a disgrace. His voice has gone and he treats the audience with contempt. Example being Lollapalooza in Chicago where he sang two songs, probably realized how rubbish he sounded, and stomped off in a sulk! He would be the lowest of the low scenario for me along with Post Malone. The rest you nailed! On another note, Black Keys just announced more US tour dates (sigh, nothing in Europe) and will be out there during Mad Cool. I am still hoping for Royal Blood and Muse (Matt's baby due end May) - no context, just hoping!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

Awaiting Thursday 12: 00 PM

Best Case Scenario: RCHP/Strokes

Second Best: RCHP or Strokes/ Tame Impala

Mid Scenario : Stokes/Liam

Second Worst : Tame Impala/ Post Malone or Liam

Worst Case Scenario: Post Malone/Liam

anyone from the middle up would be great

19 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Has anyone in here done VIP before and ....

if so - was it worth it?

We didn't go to Mad Cool last year, but we did VIP the previous two years. I would say that it was worth it then, but not so much now. They used to have dedicated VIP areas in front of the two main stages, but this caused a lot of complaints as these areas were often not full.

The bar and viewing platform are very nice (the bar is slightly cheaper), but the cost keeps going up and 450 Euro for the 4 day ticket seems an awful lot just to get a nice bar to sit in. The viewing platform is good provided you don't mind being a little way from the action.

We've got the standard 4 day ticket this year and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get tickets. Does anyone know if more 4 day passes went on sale during price increases last year? Because even if it's a 20% price increase it would be cheaper for us to wait for a 4 day pass than get 3+1 day passes now.

Also, has there been any mention of how much the prices are going up by? I couldnt see anything on their site.

1 minute ago, AAlex said:

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get tickets. Does anyone know if more 4 day passes went on sale during price increases last year? Because even if it's a 20% price increase it would be cheaper for us to wait for a 4 day pass than get 3+1 day passes now.

Also, has there been any mention of how much the prices are going up by? I couldnt see anything on their site.

Don't think they did any 4 day tickets in 2019. The Wednesday was added much later and billed as the 'opening party' with pretty cheap extra tickets for. 

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Don't think they did any 4 day tickets in 2019. The Wednesday was added much later and billed as the 'opening party' with pretty cheap extra tickets for. 

Ahh yeah of course it's only been 3 main days before this year, I don't suppose you remember if full weekend tickets ever sold out and then more came out? I think it works out about £50 more expensive to buy a 3+1 rather than the price 4 day tickets were, so if I can avoid paying that I'd like to!

52 minutes ago, y0ungtitan said:

The FNAC wristband pack they're selling on the website defo gives four day access, right? Was going to go for the three days but if there's still packages for four days going, I'll probs get one of those.

EDIT: Never mind, they're sold out

The "On Request" status is the same as when I bought some, so I think they may still be available.

I got order confirmation, then it sat in my account for a few days, saying something like "requested from seller". Ordered 13/1 and they came the 25/1. I even chased up with FNAC just to be sure the order was real, but they only got back to me the day after the packs had arrived :)

More stressful to order in Spanish, not knowing if they'll come, but you don't have to wait months to find out. They were also only 20p more expensive than the four day normal tickets via Festicket.

5 minutes ago, bluenova said:

The "On Request" status is the same as when I bought some, so I think they may still be available.

I got order confirmation, then it sat in my account for a few days, saying something like "requested from seller". Ordered 13/1 and they came the 25/1. I even chased up with FNAC just to be sure the order was real, but they only got back to me the day after the packs had arrived :)

More stressful to order in Spanish, not knowing if they'll come, but you don't have to wait months to find out. They were also only 20p more expensive than the four day normal tickets via Festicket.

Ah, I've already made my 3 day purchase in the time since my last post. Oh well, there's not that much for me on the Saturday anyway. Cheers anyway :)

Edited by y0ungtitan

A point for consideration - Down the Rabbit Hole,  a festival which takes place in  Netheralands a week before Mad cool, will anaounce it's last headliner on Wednesday morning.

It's an alternative indie festival which it's headliners are: Beck, Tylor the Creator.

Werchter (Which happens the same weekend as DTRH) also should announces it's second headliner for Friday with the Strokes, on this Friday.

I'm really afarid it's a bad sign that Tame Impala will be one of the 2 remaining headliners.

Fingers crossed i'm mistaken and the headliners will be The Strokes + Liam...

Edited by rfnd91
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tijs879 said:

Tame Impala is never a bad sign. 

This.

Tame Impala would be a surprising good booking at this stage.

My fear is to have a duo like Pet Shop Boys and Bad Bunny headlining. Fortunately it cannot happen, they will not shoot themselves so easily.

I think we are getting Liam for sure and the other one, let's pray for the best.