Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Just now, Matt42 said:

Bare in mind the space on the original poster was when they still had the Strokes.  Final poster might be a completely different design.

yeah the dot has moved now though, on the teaser it's now sitting above the 'M' in Jamie CulluM where in the original poster when they had The Strokes it was above the 'U' Jamie CUllum

25 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Not sure I'd get too concerned about what will fit - The dot is MUCH bigger than the ones between headliners on the full poster, and the move allows us to see two names on the lines below.

It looks to me like it's just been designed for this gif, rather than a clue to the name sizes.

Yeah good spot. 

(pun unintended) 

24 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Artists and Bands that are close to or are 15 characters long which could possibly fill the gap of the missing headliner now the dot has moved (don't think any of these are likely except Liam G though)

Kendrick Lamar (14)

Liam Gallagher (14)

The Libertines (14)

Mumford & Sons (14)

Arctic Monkeys (14)

KIDS SEE GHOSTS (15)

Vampire Weekend (15)

The Stone Roses (15)

Childish Gambino (16)

System of a Down (16)

Nice work - unfortunately I don't think the dot is a clue, and if it were, as far as I can see Liam Gallagher doesn't quite fit, so anything longer wouldn't.

ps. As you can see from your own post - some letters are wider than others, and it depends on fonts/kerning/etc. If you want to follow the dot, then I'd suggest something around the length of The Libertines in your list, night just squeeze in :)

A Spanish band WON'T be headlining this. We already have a bunch of festival whose headliners are 100% well-known spanish bands lol it would be a total waste... 

+ how many spanish bands have headline Mad Cool in its 5 years? 1, Vetusta Morla, and the festival wasn't that big back then. So...

Edited by sariris

I'm pinning my hopes on that Liam Gallagher is already playing bennicassim and I don't think they share headliners with mad cool. Also imagine it wouldn't of taken this long to get him to play as he is playing everywhere. Unless he is last choice. 

Just really really really don't want it to be him ha 

2 minutes ago, Max2307 said:

Liam & The Strokes would be my dream tbh, but maybe going for the double rock headliner is a bit ambitious.

If something 2 rock headliners is what is expected from Mad Cool.

The pop quota is already filled. If the rumours of them having issues to book headliners is true, then they might need to go for something different (Kendrick Lamar? Post Malone?) but  pretty sure initial idea is 2 Rock headliners.

18 minutes ago, DDave said:

I said recently active. Played in New Orleans on Valentines Day. 

They did, but they still aren’t active this summer. That was their only 2020 date - there’s no way they’d randomly play Mad Cool and nowhere else.

I’d love for it to be them, and think they’re a great shout to headline MC (if it’s still running) whenever they next tour, but they’re sadly not gigging.

6 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

They did, but they still aren’t active this summer. That was their only 2020 date - there’s no way they’d randomly play Mad Cool and nowhere else.

I’d love for it to be them, and think they’re a great shout to headline MC (if it’s still running) whenever they next tour, but they’re sadly not gigging.

Whilst I do agree they're very unlikely, in 2016 they randomly appeared at Nos Alive & Bilbao out of nowhere & only played those two shows in Europe. 

35 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Whilst I do agree they're very unlikely, in 2016 they randomly appeared at Nos Alive & Bilbao out of nowhere & only played those two shows in Europe. 

Okay, I didn’t know about this. Did they do US shows?

Fair point - though I still can’t see it happening. Especially if they weren’t MC’s first choice headliners.

15 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Okay, I didn’t know about this. Did they do US shows?

Fair point - though I still can’t see it happening. Especially if they weren’t MC’s first choice headliners.

I think if I remember correctly they did two in Europe & two in the US in July 16. Then another couple of random ones in the US later in the year.