Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

15 minutes ago, sariris said:

I'm making one right now, actually.

• Liam Gallagher
  • Post Malone
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Green Day + Fall Out Boy or FOB alone (I would say not likely)
  • Tame Impala (not likely)
  • The Strokes (not likely)
  • Björk
  • Lana del Rey (now that she has cancelled a lot of european dates, maybe...?)

and that's it. I mean, those are the one that I know of, feel free to add!

I'd add Dua Lipa as a possibility.

1 hour ago, sariris said:

• Liam Gallagher
  • Post Malone
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Fall Out Boy (I would say not likely)

I agree with the above... Here's me being devils advocate:

Queen (Very not likely)

Tyler the creator(Available, Likely?)

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro (Not likely)

Edited by lukecork

13 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I agree with the above... Here's me being devils advocate:

Queen (Very not likely)

Tyler the creator(Available, Likely?)

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro (Not likely)

I don’t think Foo Fighters are playing this, they have an exclusive spanish gig in Valencia :( and I think Biffy Clyro wouldn’t be a headliner.

Duran Duran is playing Rock in Rio Lisbon, so I'm adding them to the list!

Edited by sariris

2 hours ago, sariris said:

• Liam Gallagher
  • Post Malone
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Green Day + Fall Out Boy or FOB alone (I would say not likely)
  • Björk
  • Lana del Rey (now that she has cancelled a lot of european dates, maybe...?)

I had a look at who's touring at other festivals around this time and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the likelihood of these acts of coming (as headliner or lower billed act)?:

• Foster the People
  • The Chemical Brothers
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • James Blake
  • Stormzy
  • The Lumineers
  • Calvin Harris
  • Two Door Cinema Club

All acts are free on Friday the 10th and are either near Spain or have a large schedule gap

Edited by tomj99

23 minutes ago, tomj99 said:

I had a look at who's touring at other festivals around this time and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the likelihood of these acts of coming (as headliner or lower billed act)?:

• Foster the People
  • The Chemical Brothers
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • James Blake
  • Stormzy
  • The Lumineers
  • Calvin Harris
  • Two Door Cinema Club

All acts are free on Friday the 10th and are either near Spain or have a large schedule gap

Not Chemical Brothers as they played 2019. 2 Door and Lumineers could easily happen with them being at NOS Alive. Not sure on the others.

28 minutes ago, sariris said:

I don’t think Foo Fighters are playing this, they have an exclusive spanish gig in Valencia :( and I think Biffy Clyro wouldn’t be a headliner.

Not in normal circumstances, but looks like we're not in normal circumstances.

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Not Chemical Brothers as they played 2019. 2 Door and Lumineers could easily happen with them being at NOS Alive. Not sure on the others.

Not in normal circumstances, but looks like we're not in normal circumstances.

Yeah that's why i threw their name in tbh, if they can't get big names they'll be promoting newer bands.

Another very unlikely case of this is Bring me the horizon. Imagine if they even ask 1975 to come back again.

Seems anything is possible at the moment.

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

Yeah that's why i threw their name in tbh, if they can't get big names they'll be promoting newer bands.

Another very unlikely case of this is Bring me the horizon. Imagine if they even ask 1975 to come back again.

Seems anything is possible at the moment.

Yeah Biffy aren’t a major headliner in Spain but given their desperate thrust for headliners they could get in someone who’s a massive booking in the U.K. that would be backed up by the travelling ticket buyers.

maybe balance it out with a big Spanish act headlining the same day so everyone’s happy.

biggest question is whether Biffy are actually about around that time. 

Just now, wro_lap said:

Yeah Biffy aren’t a major headliner in Spain but given their desperate thrust for headliners they could get in someone who’s a massive booking in the U.K. that would be backed up by the travelling ticket buyers.

maybe balance it out with a big Spanish act headlining the same day so everyone’s happy.

biggest question is whether Biffy are actually about around that time. 

They are. Playing in Switzerland the week after. And yeah, completely agree with the rest of what you said. 

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

But is everyone happy? I think it would disappoint the spanish because they can see the big spanish act all the time anyway, it would disappoint the british because one headline spot is wasted on some spanish band and the rest of us will be enraged because they wasted two headline spots for acts that should be playing main stage third down at best. 

A festival like Mad Cool surely can't get away with say Biffy - Vetusta Morla as headliners anyway. They will come up with a big name one way or another. 

1 minute ago, clasher said:

But is everyone happy? I think it would disappoint the spanish because they can see the big spanish act all the time anyway, it would disappoint the british because one headline spot is wasted on some spanish band and the rest of us will be enraged because they wasted two headline spots for acts that should be playing main stage third down at best. 

A festival like Mad Cool surely can't get away with say Biffy - Vetusta Morla as headliners anyway. They will come up with a big name one way or another. 

No two headliners will please everyone. At any festival.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If they really are struggling to find a final headliner you have to wonder if they're kicking themselves for putting Eilish & the Killers on the same day.

Yeah, this is a bit of a kick in the teeth. They also can’t shuffle around an act like Foals (Bennicassim headliners) to headline the other day.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If they really are struggling to find a final headliner you have to wonder if they're kicking themselves for putting Eilish & the Killers on the same day.

Even worse than that, they took the liberty of showing a poster with two empty spaces and a dot in between implying they had two headliners... 

7 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Even worse than that, they took the liberty of showing a poster with two empty spaces and a dot in between implying they had two headliners... 

Because they're that stupid.

They should have just leave every friday artists there written in middle and small sizes, with no spaces implying that there might be someone bigger. At least they wouldn’t have been that suggestive.

58 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

No two headliners will please everyone. At any festival.

True, but you can still be somewhat picky about your plan B/C/D/etc. For the majority of the Europeans Alt-J is a bigger act than Biffy Clyro, and so far MC booking strategy has not been specifically about drawing huge crowds of Brits, so going for Biffy would fall flat with a lot of people who already bought tickets.

1 minute ago, tomj99 said:

Any word on Massive Attack potentially headlining? Id assume it’s a big enough grab, plus they have the space in their schedule to come to Madrid. 
Only note is that they’re playing primavera, would that make it more unlikely? 

Would be an extreme longshot after their 2018 pull-out. Probably even moreso than Arctic Monkeys, given I'm aware there were issues about their 2018 slot noted on a previous page.

58 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Would be an extreme longshot after their 2018 pull-out. Probably even moreso than Arctic Monkeys, given I'm aware there were issues about their 2018 slot noted on a previous page.

Can you imagine them being booked again. The lights go down, the intro music comes on, and...

..."we're not coming on, you put the wrong variety of cherry tomatoes in the pre-gig salad". 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

Can you imagine them being booked again. The lights go down, the intro music comes on, and...

..."we're not coming on, you put the wrong variety of cherry tomatoes in the pre-gig salad". 

Yeah, I can't see either Mad Cool or Massive Attack wanting to work with each ever again.