Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 hour ago, Damon said:

The Weeknd is ruled out as he's touring North America over Mad Cool weekend.

He was never an option. Was a long time in the market for festivals in august, but they changed the course of direction. 
Far more logical to do first an arena tour and on a later time festivals.

1 hour ago, clasher said:

Will Tame Impala fill their gap with euro festivals? The album's out, no european dates yet... 

I think their main focus will be arena’s. Their festivaltour last year was not really relevant, unnecessary. Maybe if they didn’t do that tour we would have them already this summer.

The album was worth the wait and looking forward to hear songs like breathe deeper live, and see them in an arena and on a festival. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I think their main focus will be arena’s. Their festivaltour last year was not really relevant, unnecessary. Maybe if they didn’t do that tour we would have them already this summer.

The album was worth the wait and looking forward to hear songs like breathe deeper live, and see them in an arena and on a festival. 

You’re right. The festivals they did last year  were really odd and random. 
Seems even more irrelevant that they’re doing APE in London and, seemingly, nothing else in Europe this summer. Feels like a wasted opportunity.

There is an NME article suggesting Arctic Monkeys are about to tour (sorry don’t know how to put in shortcut to the story).

Anyway could they be a possibility or too soon since their last performance at the festival??

Edited by Mr Boo
Had put mince instead of since ( stupid predictive text)

28 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

There is an NME article suggesting Arctic Monkeys are about to tour (sorry don’t know how to put in shortcut to the story).

Anyway could they be a possibility or too soon since their last performance at the festival??

They were not that happy the last time...

Of course they asked Hinds to be there, they're under the same booking agency...

And Degu could be right, if they weren't so happy in 2018, why did they allow another of their artists to play Mad Cool the following year?

And why didn't they pull Hinds out of this, if their agency is that angry at Mad Cool for the Haim situation???

Maybe that bad reputation is not as strong as we think. (at least in those situations, I'm 100% sure that Massive Attack would never play Mad Cool “again”... idk what's their booking agency)

If so, they still have a pretty good line up.

3 minutes ago, Max2307 said:

Don’t wanna get instantly paranoid and speculate-y, but mad cool didn’t do their usual 11am (12am Spain) tweet this morning... and it’s a Friday..

Announcement later potentially?

Is there a precedent for them doing later announcements when they skip the 11am tweet? I know they will obviously announce something any day now but I am trying to curb my excitement so not to be disappointed.

I'm making one right now, actually.

• Liam Gallagher
  • Post Malone
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Green Day + Fall Out Boy or FOB alone (I would say not likely)
  • Tame Impala (not likely)
  • The Strokes (not likely)
  • Björk
  • Lana del Rey (now that she has cancelled a lot of european dates, maybe...?)

and that's it. I mean, those are the one that I know of, feel free to add!

Edited by sariris
  • Like 1