Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

8 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Lewis Capaldi...could we will be seeing him announced as like a second line act? Has continued to get bigger and bigger since he played last year at a very early time. Has a gap between Manchester 8th July and Glasgow 12th July and been announced for Rock Wretcher

It's possible someone will come up with an example that contradicts this (I don't know of any) but I happen to know that a Mad Cool booker has previously told acts they won't be booked for the following year as they make a point of having no immediate repeats. 

• Like 1

MC is now actively replying the comments about the Friday headliners in IG. One of the actual comments is "We are aware. The wait is going to be worth it". Seems like they might be close to signing someone. They would not say that if they were going to cover ir with a less relevant act, surely. Or would they? 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moonraker76 said:

Screenshot_20200220-110904.png

Ended up leaving flight booking to now and when I did a quick check on Skyscanner, the cheapest return flight from London to madrid is now £166. 

SO we just booked this Mad Cool party flight one way, with the MADCOOL20 code we got a 10% discount to it worked out at £75.76 per person. I'm excited to see what the surprises are, I'll let you all know if it was worth it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

MC is now actively replying the comments about the Friday headliners in IG. One of the actual comments is "We are aware. The wait is going to be worth it". Seems like they might be close to signing someone. They would not say that if they were going to cover ir with a less relevant act, surely.

They would never comment 'don't get your hopes up, our Friday headliner is crap'  !

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Guernica said:

Ended up leaving flight booking to now and when I did a quick check on Skyscanner, the cheapest return flight from London to madrid is now £166. 

SO we just booked this Mad Cool party flight one way, with the MADCOOL20 code we got a 10% discount to it worked out at £75.76 per person. I'm excited to see what the surprises are, I'll let you all know if it was worth it.

Nice one! I could never get that discount code to work and ended up booking Ryanair

9 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

MC is now actively replying the comments about the Friday headliners in IG. One of the actual comments is "We are aware. The wait is going to be worth it". Seems like they might be close to signing someone. They would not say that if they were going to cover ir with a less relevant act, surely. Or would they? 

They have not the smartest marketing team, isn't it? One of the most important things in this business is discretion, not saying a word until the announcement being made. If i was them, i would shut my mouth, create no expectations and let the announcement speak for itself. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

They have not the smartest marketing team, isn't it? One of the most important things in this business is discretion, not saying a word until the announcement being made. If i was them, i would shut my mouth, create no expectations and let the announcement speak for itself. 

Agreed, moreover because if the headliners they have found end up dropping out too, they will stop responding in social media just like last year and that's a shitty public image they project.

However, people are constantly demanding the headliners and I guess they need to calm things down to sell tickets.

They have not leaked anything as far as I know...

To be fair, they stopped replying to people when they apparently lost The Strokes and MCR (if that information was really true). They started replying again some weeks ago, so they might have something booked by now. But somebody said that they did the same thing last year when there was a missing headliner, so...

Being Mad Cool, we could expect anything.

26 minutes ago, sariris said:

To be fair, they stopped replying to people when they apparently lost The Strokes and MCR (if that information was really true). They started replying again some weeks ago, so they might have something booked by now. But somebody said that they did the same thing last year when there was a missing headliner, so...

Being Mad Cool, we could expect anything.

It causes excitement for me :) Hopefully won't be followed with disappointment.