Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

It’s definitely been discussed previously, but what are people’s thoughts on Foo Fighters coming back? Same gap as KOL, would be a HUGE name for the Friday, we’ve not really got a “rock” headliner so far so suits the heavier European taste. They’ve just announced a US tour in May and they’ve got European dates in June across Portugal and France so could easily extend that into July for Mad Cool. Expecting a U.K. tour for some point too so could coincide dates wise with a return to Europe. It’s the 25th anniversary year for them...

Forget this post.

Edited by johnybegood

Okay, Post Malone... who else? There are two spots there, I can't see Post Malone being the only headliner tbh.

P.S: No Foo Fighters, they're playing their only spanish gig in Valencia.

EDIT: I was replying to something that johnybegood said and deleted lol.

Edited by sariris

13 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I'm hoping for Post Malone and Tyler the creator still.

Mad Cool was born as a Rock festival and addition of Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish is already a big change in strategy. Definitely there will be one semi big Rock act for Friday, if not two.

Hip Hop artists in Spain are not really relevant. Post Malone, for example, is not even a headliner compared to all other ones in the lineup for Spain.

The question is...how many Rock acts are touring those dates? Will be really surprised if The Strokes don't join the lineup soon. The Who would be a good shout...LG is a small headliner but would drag people for sure. Stereophonics? Black Keys will your at some point? Can Take Impala be back after 2 years?

Make your own combination of all above bands. Do not see many other options. Based on Spanish taste, The Who, The Strokes and LG must be the favourites. Those are the ones bringing people in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBVelas said:

Mad Cool was born as a Rock festival and addition of Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish is already a big change in strategy. Definitely there will be one semi big Rock act for Friday, if not two.

Hip Hop artists in Spain are not really relevant. Post Malone, for example, is not even a headliner compared to all other ones in the lineup for Spain.

The question is...how many Rock acts are touring those dates? Will be really surprised if The Strokes don't join the lineup soon. The Who would be a good shout...LG is a small headliner but would drag people for sure. Stereophonics? Black Keys will your at some point? Can Take Impala be back after 2 years?

Make your own combination of all above bands. Do not see many other options. Based on Spanish taste, The Who, The Strokes and LG must be the favourites. Those are the ones bringing people in my opinion.

fully agree with this based on previous line ups, but given that the festival is a sellout for 4 day tickets already, could they possibly just be looking at changing the direction of the festival? clearly they arent struggling with sales so maybe the line up could be evolving to a more pop based line up. Granted there are still a few rock bands on the line up, but i wouldn't focus too much on the genre as this last headliner isnt that much of a bother for them in terms of sales, they could put any artist in there and we'd all still be going...

I would still expect the last two headliners to be rock. As it sells well anyway, I don't see why they would feel a need to go Rap/Hip Hop. However, I would not be shocked if one of the headliners was more pop then rock. But, I do expect we will get rock headliners.

Mad Cool is clearly changing, so I wouldn't expect both of them to be rock bands. There are enough rock festivals here in Spain... and they don't really need to sell tickets because they're already doing that. I don't expect both of them to be hip hop, but I do think that we're getting Post Malone + a good rock band. (“”good”” as in relatively good, because they're clearly late for the really good stuff)

The decisions they make have impact beyond this year's attendance. They want to be seen as one of the strongest festivals in Europe and not one that struggles to get the bands they want. What they do this year will have a knock on effect on next years sales and the trust of potential buyers. I would be worried for their own existence if they have a business model of "change the genre of our festival on the fly because we failed to bag a headlining rock band". You would imagine they have a larger business model then play it by ear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Yeah I've been browsing clashfinders people have made for Mad Cool and they've been using 7 stages for a while

47 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

We did get confirmation of 7 stages back just before the first bands were announced, when they announced it was 4 days

Yeah someone said in here that it was 7 stages ages ago and I seem to recall it being a reliable source so we went with it. I just couldn't remember if there was anything official. Fair enough if there was and they're just bigging it up again.

4 hours ago, Slix_Trix said:

The decisions they make have impact beyond this year's attendance. They want to be seen as one of the strongest festivals in Europe and not one that struggles to get the bands they want. What they do this year will have a knock on effect on next years sales and the trust of potential buyers. I would be worried for their own existence if they have a business model of "change the genre of our festival on the fly because we failed to bag a headlining rock band". You would imagine they have a larger business model then play it by ear.

I agree, you really want to be in a position where you have loyal regular customers who are happy to buy tickets before you even announce the lineup with full confidence that they know what size and style of artist you are going to get. If you have a random mix or change direction to often then you will only attract those with huge varied taste in music or migratory fans who wait for the lineups to be announced and jump from festival to festival each year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

This has been announced for the week after Mad Cool....

Could we add Yeah Yeah Yeahs to the list of potentials? Quite fancy Big Thief to play one of the subs too if they are around. 

I saw that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Strokes were added to Splendour In The Grass in Australia last night...really got me excited that it is not an insane possibility to get one or both. One can hope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

With some acts that are playing Mad Cool....I believe that was the point. It creates a tie, somewhat a small tie, but a tie none the less that some bands may share a similar path of touring.

Well my take, which might not be right, is that with very few exceptions, bands want to plan a run of shows in the States or in Europe. So if there's a festival the other side of the world, it lessens the chance of them playing Mad Cool, rather than increases it.

Edited by xxialac