Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

20 hours ago, tomj99 said:

does anyone have any inside info on when there’ll be another lineup announcement (I.e when friday headliners are announced + anymore acts for other days)??

I have no idea. And I bet Mad Cool doesn't know either. I don't think it'll be later than sooner tho, maybe this month... early march... I've been told that they would announce them once they had them. Remember that they're also busy with those negotiations with Madrid over the placement of the festival for 2021.

1 minute ago, sariris said:

I have no idea. And I bet Mad Cool doesn't know either. I don't think it'll be later than sooner tho, maybe this month... early march... I've been told that they would announce them once they had them. Remember that they're also busy with those negotiations with Madrid over the placement of the festival for 2021.

Don't expect much more than the two headliners.  

1 hour ago, Degu said:

Don't expect much more than the two headliners.  

They still have to announce some undercards for wednesday + 2 headliners, maybe a second liner... less than 20 names for sure. We don't know if the fact that we got another stage would increase the number of acts though. It should, but I don't really want them to. I'm already struggling with clashes and they haven't even announce the schedule...

2 minutes ago, Burrito88 said:

The Strokes have just announced Primavera too 😪

Whatever talks that were being held with Mad Cool have probably concluded so they can address Spain now....whether that means MC managed to turn it around and convince them, I guess we will find out soon. I wouldn't hold my breath though

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Whatever talks that were being held with Mad Cool have probably concluded so they can address Spain now....whether that means MC managed to turn it around and convince them, I guess we will find out soon. I wouldn't hold my breath though

we keep the faith
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Slix_Trix said:

I imagine they held MC to ransom with the line up leak, they were probably fuming with the festival but said all will be forgotten with X amount of cash ;)

24 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Lolla Berlin in September though right? quite a gap.. though I saw her last year and surprisingly good! 

yep! but apparently she also has european dates in late june (i'm not so sure about this tho bc i haven't seen anything, but I've read that info somewhere)

It’s definitely been discussed previously, but what are people’s thoughts on Foo Fighters coming back? Same gap as KOL, would be a HUGE name for the Friday, we’ve not really got a “rock” headliner so far so suits the heavier European taste. They’ve just announced a US tour in May and they’ve got European dates in June across Portugal and France so could easily extend that into July for Mad Cool. Expecting a U.K. tour for some point too so could coincide dates wise with a return to Europe. It’s the 25th anniversary year for them...