Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

14 hours ago, ob123 said:

After the disappointing announcement of R&L I’m thinking of going all out this year and having a first trip to Mad Cool, very impressed with the lineup and have heard good things about the festival itself. 

I'd recommend it mate. Madrid's an awesome city and you get a chance to see a bit of the place before the festival if you avoid lying in bed all day! We went last year for the first time and enjoyed heading out around midday for a look around (incl a visit to the Bernabeu), grabbing some good food from the many great restaurants and partook in a few (many) beers before heading out to the festival late afternoon. The festival site itself is easy to get to and has charm but it does lack a little of the atmosphere you get with a camping festival. Had a great line up last year and looks to have a again. I'm working this year so going to Rock Werchter the weekened before, you'll have a great time tho if you decide to go tho. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Any chance of The Strokes still do you think?

No, they pulled out. Mad cool their own mistake. The Strokes are a very difficult band to work with, everything has to be on point. But the offer of Mad Cool was to good to refuse. But if you without a signed contract, already share artwork with other bands, where The Strokes where on it. That, and some other issues, are the reason that the deal is off. Money or no money. The ego of a band is more important in this world than the cash. 

I think that they are still lobbying to get them on their festival, but I don't see it happen. 

If they continue to work like this in the next years, then there is no Mad Cool in 2024 anymore. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Without any signed headlinerdeal upgrade the festival and make it a 4 day festival instead of 3, making a mess again with a lot of agents, the list of agents that refuses to work with Mad Cool is growing and growing. They miss a lot of acts because of this. Money is not the only thing in this world. Take an example and look at NOS. Only if they had the permission to announce Kendrick, they made it a 4 day festival. 

Very annoying. Just like Open'er earlier this week. No agent was informed that they would announce that day. Except for the Chem Brs. So the Open'er promotors were contacting the agents that same day of it is ok that they would announce their acts, that is why it came in parts. Totally not professional. 

You prepare an announcement, you do everything to keep an agent and entourage happy. Some people think: we will just pay good money and everything will be allright. 

Mad Cool is now contacting everyone in the world, to score this headliner. And always offering a ton of money. But you know the answers until now. 

Thanks for the info, Do you know if any bands have rejected/fell through with MC so far? 

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No, they pulled out. Mad cool their own mistake. The Strokes are a very difficult band to work with, everything has to be on point. But the offer of Mad Cool was to good to refuse. But if you without a signed contract, already share artwork with other bands, where The Strokes where on it. That, and some other issues, are the reason that the deal is off. Money or no money. The ego of a band is more important in this world than the cash. 

I think that they are still lobbying to get them on their festival, but I don't see it happen. 

If they continue to work like this in the next years, then there is no Mad Cool in 2024 anymore. 

Really, really interesting - thanks. Defo seems Mad Cool play a very risky game.

Do you know any of the names they are approaching to headline?

37 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

So if Haim's social media managers didn't cock up and post that draft lineup pic we might still have The Strokes... tsssk 🙄

48 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Well it’s great to get that confirmation.

51 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Gutted, but thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated. In your previous post, was singular 'headliner' intentional meaning they're just after one? I guess that would make sense either given it's pretty late on and they've gone with one headliner on some nights in previous years anyway.

3 minutes ago, Burrito88 said:

The Strokes just announced appearance at Sziget (Budapest) 5-11 August. 

I feel like they’re playing everywhere except Mad Cool!

F20FFB00-4C72-46DD-A9CD-A5C091248F86.jpeg

And its that very reason I am so pissed off with Mad Cool. Clearly The Strokes are wanting to tour as much as possible so whatever bad relationship that soured them on Mad Cool, they really must have pissed them off. Such background bollix eventually seeps through to the quality of a festival. Mad Cools future isn't looking good based off these rumblings of unprofessionalism with acts and location uncertainty. Not getting The Strokes is a game changer for me personally. I know the line up is stacked, but other festivals can match my interest while offering me The Strokes. I am bias though because I bloody love The Strokes.

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

And its that very reason I am so pissed off with Mad Cool. Clearly The Strokes are wanting to tour as much as possible so whatever bad relationship that soured them on Mad Cool, they really must have pissed them off. Such background bollix eventually seeps through to the quality of a festival. Mad Cools future isn't looking good based off these rumblings of unprofessionalism with acts and location uncertainty. Not getting The Strokes is a game changer for me personally. I know the line up is stacked, but other festivals can match my interest while offering me The Strokes. I am bias though because I bloody love The Strokes.

The Mad Cool lineup is wholly better though I think. I think you're better off going to a festival with the Strokes if they're you're deciding factor 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

The Mad Cool lineup is wholly better though I think. I think you're better off going to a festival with the Strokes if they're you're deciding factor 

Oh it is a great line up and I am confident whom ever fills the headliner slot will be amazing to others.  It just annoys me that Mad Cool has shot itself in the foot. 

24 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Game changer for me as well. I didn't know they were touring before buying tickets but now it seems they are playing every festival but Mad Cool. I'll decide whether to stick with it or try to swap tickets for another festival. 

Hopefully I can get tickets for that London gig. 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

38 minutes ago, sariris said:

We know that they still don't have any headliners for friday (at least that's what I understood from your post), but Ken seems to know about negotiations, I think that's what Degu was asking about.

Ken19 has inside information? I thought he was guessing like the rest of us.