Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

16 hours ago, lukecork said:

RATM have done really well to keep this under the carpet to be honest, seemed to of happened over night.

Nah this did leak I just think people were being very cautious.

My prediction is that this world tour wasn’t the original plan, but was something they decided to put together over the Christmas period.

The Hell Fest organiser said at the time of booking June festivals Rage had no plans to come to Europe. So something has changed between November and January. 

Reading had a pretty late announcement this year. In hindsight it’s probably because Rage wanted to announce their world tour in one massive drop.

Might just fuel the strokes fire a little more, their website’s been updated with all the new album info, and their tour dates say they’re playing NOS Alive in Portugal on the 8th of July, whereas their initial insta post said the 11th.

If they’re now playing the 8th, then it’s more likely they’ll play Mad Cool? Gives them a day off inbetween!

86E593D5-B489-4BDE-B710-37727F7C08E2.png

A68F6819-B70E-4B55-8CAC-F196A685E296.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max2307 said:

Might just fuel the strokes fire a little more, their website’s been updated with all the new album info, and their tour dates say they’re playing NOS Alive in Portugal on the 8th of July, whereas their initial insta post said the 11th.

If they’re now playing the 8th, then it’s more likely they’ll play Mad Cool? Gives them a day off inbetween

They won't have changed dates, the website will just be saying the first day of the fest- they do that sometimes.

1 hour ago, Max2307 said:

If they’re now playing the 8th, then it’s more likely they’ll play Mad Cool? Gives them a day off inbetween!

I think the 8th is just the day the festival starts, so they will have put that in instead.

12 hours ago, ob123 said:

After the disappointing announcement of R&L I’m thinking of going all out this year and having a first trip to Mad Cool, very impressed with the lineup and have heard good things about the festival itself. 

Cost me like 550 all in mate, can probably do it much cheaper tbh. deffo worth the extra couple of quid for accom, better weather and better line up.

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Cost me like 550 all in mate, can probably do it much cheaper tbh. deffo worth the extra couple of quid for accom, better weather and better line up.

Cost me less than £300 for flights tickets and accom 4* with pool within walking distance of the site 

I should start my own festival travel company LOL 

Just now, jonnytee1 said:

Cost me less than £300 for flights tickets and accom 4* with pool within walking distance of the site 

I should start my own festival travel company LOL 

That's decent, we struggled for 5 people that had a pool, lot of the pools were communal. But yeah you certainly get some insane bargains that's for sure. 

Right now, as ever,  nobody knows nothing...

STROKES are not esay but not impossible at MC.

LG + PM is poison for spaniards (and non)  audiences (as headliners). LG wil be wellcomed as second liner, of course.

Logically, a Big Name like BJORK or EMINEM would save the mess around Friday headlining.

Awaiting news of ARCADE and TAME IMPALA, and Wilco, Royal Blood or Weezer as undercard

I think at this moment they are more worried with municipality issue about 2021 edition. I heard they have a meeting this week,  than with lineup trouble.

21 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

Right now, as ever,  nobody knows nothing...

STROKES are not esay but not impossible at MC.

LG + PM is poison for spaniards (and non)  audiences (as headliners). LG wil be wellcomed as second liner, of course.

Logically, a Big Name like BJORK or EMINEM would save the mess around Friday headlining.

Awaiting news of ARCADE and TAME IMPALA, and Wilco, Royal Blood or Weezer as undercard

I think at this moment they are more worried with municipality issue about 2021 edition. I heard they have a meeting this week,  than with lineup trouble.

Are these just guesses or do you know these things?

Without any signed headlinerdeal upgrade the festival and make it a 4 day festival instead of 3, making a mess again with a lot of agents, the list of agents that refuses to work with Mad Cool is growing and growing. They miss a lot of acts because of this. Money is not the only thing in this world. Take an example and look at NOS. Only if they had the permission to announce Kendrick, they made it a 4 day festival. 

Very annoying. Just like Open'er earlier this week. No agent was informed that they would announce that day. Except for the Chem Brs. So the Open'er promotors were contacting the agents that same day of it is ok that they would announce their acts, that is why it came in parts. Totally not professional. 

You prepare an announcement, you do everything to keep an agent and entourage happy. Some people think: we will just pay good money and everything will be allright. 

Mad Cool is now contacting everyone in the world, to score this headliner. And always offering a ton of money. But you know the answers until now. 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Without any signed headlinerdeal upgrade the festival and make it a 4 day festival instead of 3, making a mess again with a lot of agents, the list of agents that refuses to work with Mad Cool is growing and growing. They miss a lot of acts because of this. Money is not the only thing in this world. Take an example and look at NOS. Only if they had the permission to announce Kendrick, they made it a 4 day festival. 

Very annoying. Just like Open'er earlier this week. No agent was informed that they would announce that day. Except for the Chem Brs. So the Open'er promotors were contacting the agents that same day of it is ok that they would announce their acts, that is why it came in parts. Totally not professional. 

You prepare an announcement, you do everything to keep an agent and entourage happy. Some people think: we will just pay good money and everything will be allright. 

Mad Cool is now contacting everyone in the world, to score this headliner. And always offering a ton of money. But you know the answers until now. 

Any chance of The Strokes still do you think?

6 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Do you know if there were any other acts about to be announced that day but their agents didn't give Open'er approval to do so?