Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Has anyone done any day trips either side of the festival before? Last year at NOS I went to Sintra one day for example.. A mate who lives in Madrid is recommending Toledo, is it worth visiting? any other options? 

The sunday is the Euro 2020 final, Lets hope england make it all the way ;) Also hoping they don't because it'll attract all the idiots.

I fly out Wednesday-Monday, will be at the festival most of the time I imagine.

38 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Did it suggest The Strokes were defo out or could they be one of the bands they're still negotiating with do you know?

As the strokes were leaked on an early poster, they have announced almost every festival on the planet EXCEPT this one and now apparently Mad Cool is negotiating with BOTH Friday headliners 

..........................I'd say it suggests they are out

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

The sunday is the Euro 2020 final, Lets hope england make it all the way ;) Also hoping they don't because it'll attract all the idiots.

I fly out Wednesday-Monday, will be at the festival most of the time I imagine.

I was in Bilbao for BBK during the world cup semi vs croatia, had tickets to see Jamie XX and loads more DJs outside the Guggenheim but didn't go in favour of watching the football in a crappy English pub. Still have nightmarish flashbacks. 

I'm in Madrid Tuesday-Tuesday so got lots of time either side and I've visited Madrid once before- nice but maybe not a weeks worth of nice.

4 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I was in Bilbao for BBK during the world cup semi vs croatia, had tickets to see Jamie XX and loads more DJs outside the Guggenheim but didn't go in favour of watching the football in a crappy English pub. Still have nightmarish flashbacks. 

I'm in Madrid Tuesday-Tuesday so got lots of time either side and I've visited Madrid once before- nice but maybe not a weeks worth of nice.

Sounds class minus THAT GAME, ruined my summer.

Sounds ace mate I was hoping to go on the Tuesday but the lads I'm going with had to savour annual leave. I come back on the Monday and go to Krakow 6 days later tbf so can't complain.

14 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Has anyone done any day trips either side of the festival before? Last year at NOS I went to Sintra one day for example.. A mate who lives in Madrid is recommending Toledo, is it worth visiting? any other options? 

Avila, Toledo, Segovia, Salamanca are world cities world heritage UNESCO.

Alcala de Henares, Aranjuez are good too. 

8 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Was in Madrid the day before MC18 for that match, went to a tourist-trap british pub in the center and, I mean, I paid kinda lot but I watched the game in the front row and, for a non-involved party in the game, that was actually a cool experience - taken away the fact that I paid something like 25 euros for a mediocre Paella, a sangria glass and a pint and that the day after I almost passed away in queue for the entrance of the goddamn festival

18 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Sounds class minus THAT GAME, ruined my summer.

Sounds ace mate I was hoping to go on the Tuesday but the lads I'm going with had to savour annual leave. I come back on the Monday and go to Krakow 6 days later tbf so can't complain.

Had the potential to be the best summer I've had until that game..

Ah yeah fair, you've got a cracking July anyway then! 

19 minutes ago, Degu said:

Avila, Toledo, Segovia, Salamanca are world cities world heritage UNESCO.

Alcala de Henares, Aranjuez are good too. 

Amazing thanks! I'll get googling. 

17 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Was in Madrid the day before MC18 for that match, went to a tourist-trap british pub in the center and, I mean, I paid kinda lot but I watched the game in the front row and, for a non-involved party in the game, that was actually a cool experience - taken away the fact that I paid something like 25 euros for a mediocre Paella, a sangria glass and a pint and that the day after I almost passed away in queue for the entrance of the goddamn festival

Sounds a better experience than I had, the british pub I went to (aptly named Churchills) didn't even do pints! 

Well I'm flying out on the Weds morning and back first thing Sunday - straight form the fest to the plane because my brother is getting married then I'm off to scale Snowden on Monday!

Something that might have been easy 20 years ago but at 39 - its gonna be a struggle LOL

• Upvote 1

I'm also travelling early on wednesday and going back home on sunday + lots of travelling during that week... I think i'm not going to survive this and I'm younger...... my 17 y/o brother will probably laugh out loud at me every time we get to the shuffle bus every night...

You should find better spots to have lunch btw... those british pubs aren't so good. (I could give y'all advice, I have lots of friends in Madrid)

Edited by sariris

1 hour ago, sariris said:

I'm also travelling early on wednesday and going back home on sunday + lots of travelling during that week... I think i'm not going to survive this and I'm younger...... my 17 y/o brother will probably laugh out loud at me every time we get to the shuffle bus every night...

You should find better spots to have lunch btw... those british pubs aren't so good. (I could give y'all advice, I have lots of friends in Madrid)

I can recommend Ojala in Madrid for a nice lunchtime sandwich and cool hangout spot for a drink :D 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

I can recommend Ojala in Madrid for a nice lunchtime sandwich and cool hangout spot for a drink :D 

My favourite place in Madrid is Taberna de Ramales near the Ópera metro, amazing tapas! Also Mercado de San Ildefonso is pretty good albeit expensive and kinda touristy. El tigre is also a pretty good spot with the locals I've heard... 

9 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Which is a different experience to me as I was in Madrid for MC18 as well, but didn't think to check where might show it so watched it in my hotel room with Spanish commentary.

And then did similar to an English game in the UEFA Nations League while I was in Milan for The National later that summer.

8 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I think the point being made is that if they are announcing something next week, after much complaint that they are taking too long, then maybe the headliner they held back can relate to who Mad Cool have.

I've heard so many rumours regarding L&R. 

The only thing i've heard from a reliable(ish) source is, LG, MCR & Gorillaz/BMTH.

5 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

If they announce by the 17-18, it will be Eminem for sure

If who announce what when? R&L are due to announce next week, possibly Monday so 3 days? Can only say what I've been told - Like most things take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by lukecork