Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just came in to suggest possibility of Eminem being a remaining headliner and saw all this. I’ve seen in the szgiet thread someone is confident he’s doing that. Have Szgiet and Mad Cool shared a headliner or are they too far apart for that?

Also

Thanks to the rational ones and not the barking users on this forum :) 

Shared Arctic Monkeys in 2018 but I guess they're so far apart that they have no real bearing on one another. Would take Eminem tbf. Never gonna go to a gig of his so would be a decent way to see him on an already packed lineup.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Eminem is NOT playing Mad Cool 

Logistically I think there’s a good argument as Mad Cool might be too early in the calendar if he’s playing Euro fests right at the end of August. Would be a long time to stay in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Logistically I think there’s a good argument as Mad Cool might be too early in the calendar if he’s playing Euro fests right at the end of August. Would be a long time to stay in Europe.

He could be I've no idea was only joking saying he defo won't.

I do think it would be strange to go from planning Strokes and MCR to ending up with Eminem as a backup tho. Feel if it isn't the Strokes it'll be 2 smaller names in comparison.

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

He could be I've no idea was only joking saying he defo won't.

I do think it would be strange to go from planning Strokes and MCR to ending up with Eminem as a backup tho. Feel if it isn't the Strokes it'll be 2 smaller names in comparison.

Post Malone ? Tyler the creator ? Both in europe at the time.

Does it not come back to the same old point that Spanish festivals don't tend to go big on rap artists because the Spaniards don't tend to care too much for them and they're therefore not worth the money? I know BBK has Kendrick, but Mad Cool have never had a rapper as a headliner and Post Malone, Tyler and even Eminem now (obv not in the past) aren't exactly as great as draw as Kendrick.

5 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I think Tyler's done with Europe by Mad Cool, he starts early June and last current date is very early July.

I seen his last announced date is like July 4th in Dublin, could easily start festivals from there. Seems a bit strange he's only announced festivals up until mid June when others are getting started then until August.

8 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Does it not come back to the same old point that Spanish festivals don't tend to go big on rap artists because the Spaniards don't tend to care too much for them and they're therefore not worth the money? I know BBK has Kendrick, but Mad Cool have never had a rapper as a headliner and Post Malone, Tyler and even Eminem now (obv not in the past) aren't exactly as great as draw as Kendrick.

I'd be surprised if this happened but it'd also be a good change and adds a bit more variety. I know like 2 or 3 years ago Post Malone was on a tiny stage real early if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Post Malone played quite recently did he not? Would take a big boost to get to headliner. The Weekend is a possibility I think.

From people who have been, what percentage of attendees would you say are Spanish? I've been to Beni twice and it was mainly Brits there.

When I went 2 years ago it was mainly Spanish.

5 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

and even Eminem now (obv not in the past) aren't exactly as great as draw as Kendrick.

Eminem sold out two dates at Twickenham on his last round of UK shows. Kendrick is never reaching that level. Eminem’s the biggest draw in rap because he doesn’t just appeal to followers of hip hop, so would probably still be a big name in places where people don’t care much about hip hop.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Eminem sold out two dates at Twickenham on his last round of UK shows. Kendrick is never reaching that level. Eminem’s the biggest draw in rap because he doesn’t just appeal to followers of hip hop, so would probably still be a big name in places where people don’t care much about hip hop.

IMHO, he is the only legacy-act in the hip hop scene nowaday and one of the main representatives of the early 00s music. 

Might have aged fairly bad (not that anybody expected the opposite, quite frankly), but he still resides in the category of performers "you gotta see, cause you owe it to the your younger self" for many born in the early 90s.