Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

22 minutes ago, Degu said:

My Spanish is a bit rusty, but what I understand is that MC is in an argument with the municipality of Madrid over the location for the 2021 edition? Apparently the current location is no longer available after this year due to expansion of Ifema and they don't agree on the alternatives offered by Madrid and are now looking for spots outside of the city.

Correct? :)

15 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

My Spanish is a bit rusty, but what I understand is that MC is in an argument with the municipality of Madrid over the location for the 2021 edition? Apparently the current location is no longer available after this year due to expansion of Ifema and they don't agree on the alternatives offered by Madrid and are now looking for spots outside of the city.

Correct.

*Mad Cool is finally an unproblematic festival thanks to the change in its organisation, has one of the best line-ups in 2020 and is nominated to an NME Awards for best festival in the world*

Spain: let's screw this up! :D

...I hate my country.

PS: I really hope that my city saves them! Since they're also looking for a spot in Andalusia.

Edited by sariris
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, sariris said:

*Mad Cool is finally an unproblematic festival thanks to the change in its organisation, has one of the best line-ups in 2020 and is nominated to an NME Awards for best festival in the world*

Spain: let's screw this up! :D

...I hate my country.

PS: I really hope that my city saves them! Since they're also looking for a spot in Andalusia.

It cant be more of a f**k up than Dr Music festival last year!

You never know what will happen but i suppose we can worry about that next year!

You've got enough to worry about this year with the MCR situation LOL

Nah, I didn't know if I would be able to go next year tho lol + there are more festivals in Spain. But it's okay to be annoyed for a few minutes. It's not that we can do something about it.

You're right about the MCR situation tho, I've had enough concert/festival related worries this year (and it's only january)

• Upvote 1

"Sixteen new names are added to the lineup today. New for Thursday 2 July are Haim, Disclosure and The Big Moon. On Friday 3 July Liam Gallagher, Archive, Bicep Live, Cigarettes After Sex and Brittany Howard play at the festival. Jorja Smith, Jimmy Eat World and Tones and I join the line-up for Saturday 4 July. New on for Sunday 5 July are Placebo, Michael Kiwanuka, Kacey Musgraves, Big Thief and Joost."

Just announced for RW.....if I were a betting man, I would say that LG (second headliner) and Jimmy Eat World (announced euro dates with no Spain) will show face at MC.

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

"Sixteen new names are added to the lineup today. New for Thursday 2 July are Haim, Disclosure and The Big Moon. On Friday 3 July Liam Gallagher, Archive, Bicep Live, Cigarettes After Sex and Brittany Howard play at the festival. Jorja Smith, Jimmy Eat World and Tones and I join the line-up for Saturday 4 July. New on for Sunday 5 July are Placebo, Michael Kiwanuka, Kacey Musgraves, Big Thief and Joost."

Just announced for RW.....if I were a betting man, I would say that LG (second headliner) and Jimmy Eat World (announced euro dates with no Spain) will show face at MC.

What a bummer if Liam Gallagher headlines. Hoping there'll be something good up against him 

8 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Without looking to see if they're available I'd love to take Brittany Howard, Jorja Smith and Kacey Musgraves from RW and would be happy with Disclosure, The Big Moon and Michael Kiwanuka so it looks positive in some aspects 

Could not agree with that statement more. I'd probably push Michael Kiwanuka into the first group but totally agree. 

I also would hope that something decent is on whilst Laim Gallagher plays, if he does!

• Like 1

In fairness it is a good job that Liam has the back catalogue that he does.

He has always been a nasal singer but years of singing that way and cocaine really have taken their toll on it!

Thankfully for any gig he plays 50% of his songs are "sing along" 

For the other 50% it sounds not too dissimilar to a Rhino squeezing out a big Turd 

• Like 1

I’ve been watching this forum for a few weeks now, and everyone is taking about the same limited about of bands (which in my European festivals over the last 7 years seems to be the same ones) .. my belief has been since the first 3 main headliners were announced that the fourth one would be a band who hadn’t really announced anything worldwide at that point. So as mad cool try to push the boundaries outside what everyone else has expect one of  Dia Lipa as the second act. 
Muse, Guns n Roses, Eminem (hopefully not) or Coldplay 

16 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Is it plausible it could be renamed from Mad Cool if it moves outside the municipality, given that the Mad means Madrid?

Seems a bit odd but then it has moved around a bit already.

14 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

It cant be more of a f**k up than Dr Music festival last year!

You never know what will happen but i suppose we can worry about that next year!

You've got enough to worry about this year with the MCR situation LOL

It does increasingly feel like there's an expectation for a long wait before we figure out who's joining the bill as the two missing headline acts.

18 hours ago, Mata said:

I’ve been watching this forum for a few weeks now, and everyone is taking about the same limited about of bands (which in my European festivals over the last 7 years seems to be the same ones) .. my belief has been since the first 3 main headliners were announced that the fourth one would be a band who hadn’t really announced anything worldwide at that point. So as mad cool try to push the boundaries outside what everyone else has expect one of  Dia Lipa as the second act. 
Muse, Guns n Roses, Eminem (hopefully not) or Coldplay 

Dua Lipa has her own gigs announced for Spain. Same with Guns n Roses (exclusive concert in Seville, Spain). Coldplay is not touring because of climatic change (they have to find a sustainable way to travel) aaaaaand that's it! I don't know anything about the others.

What about OneRepublic? they have released some songs...

• Like 1