Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

9 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I'm sure they'll make a stop in Spain come 2021 when we likely get a European arena tour. Feel very sorry for you as I know how hyped you were getting.

Aw it's okay! lots of bands have “broken my heart” throughout the years by not coming to Spain, I can handle one more :)

• Like 1

Outside shout of Rosalia being one of our headliners? Released a new single this year and coheadlined the Mad Cool warm up Wednesday last year- only got bigger since then (just won a grammy), and currently has no shows announced other than one festival in April.

Edited by DarthSaul

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

Outside shout of Rosalia being one of our headliners? Released a new single this year and coheadlined the Mad Cool warm up Thursday last year- only got bigger since then (just won a grammy), and currently has no shows announced other than one festival in April.

seems like a good back up plain

53 minutes ago, sariris said:

What artists/bands are you thinking about then?

Rosalia won't play in any  big festival this year. she was in all important festivals in 2019. 

I don't know what names they will say, maybe  they probably say everything at once. 

First time MC goer here. Line-up's looking great and by all accounts seems like a great festival. How would you guys describe it and are there other festivals you would liken it to? How many acts are we still expecting to join the bill? TIA for all your answers. Roll on July!

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2020 at 6:56 PM, Dillar said:

More importantly, did they ever announce that Ukraine date, that supposedly ruled them out of MC? 

Weird that they wouldn't announce it at the same time as the Russian date. 

The festival that they were supposed to play In Kiev (Atlas Weekend) just announced their third headliner and it’s Placebo. No word about MCR or any other headliner announcement soon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Anna.m said:

The festival that they were supposed to play In Kiev (Atlas Weekend) just announced their third headliner and it’s Placebo. No word about MCR or any other headliner announcement soon. 

MCR supposed to be at UPark, not Atlas Weekend

On 1/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, Oleksii said:

There is another big festival in Kyiv 7-12 July. Atlas Weekend. It would be really strange decision to make MCR concert at these dates

I'm just going to quote this, because I do think that it's suuuuper odd.

It doesn't make any sense. (For me, at least)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Anna.m said:

Well Upark is supposed to be happening from July 21st to 23rd, so that July 9th Kiev date doesn’t make sense then

Someone said that this dates will be changed. I think it's true, because it's the same promotor as parklive in moscow

Why would a small festival like UPark (based on what has been said here) change dates because of a band that doesn't have that many fans in that country, when the biggest festival in Ukraine is happening during that same date + the line-up is pretty good and they're already selling tickets. That would be a total waste of money. UPark haven't said anything about that change either.

I'm not saying that MCR isn't playing UPark, but I don't think it will be that date.

At this point I think we should add an R to Mad Cool lol. Guys, I'm a MCR fan but this thread isn't about MCR. Let's stop talking about them and see what happens next monday. Or tomorrow (because we know that Mad Cool likes fridays). Or whenever they want to announce both headliners.

Edited by sariris
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sariris said:

Why would a small festival like UPark (based on what has been said here) change dates because of a band that doesn't have that many fans in that country, when the biggest festival in Ukraine is happening during that same date + the line-up is pretty good and they're already selling tickets. That would be a total waste of money. UPark haven't said anything about that change either.

I'm not saying that MCR isn't playing UPark, but I don't think it will be that date.

At this point I think we should add an R to Mad Cool lol. Guys, I'm a MCR fan but this thread isn't about MCR. Let's stop talking about them and see what happens next monday. Or tomorrow (because we know that Mad Cool likes fridays). Or whenever they want to announce both headliners.

Tbf when Muse played UPark in 2016, that was on July 8th and took place 2 days after the Chili Peppers played the same festival. Seems to be one of those that hops around in the schedule.

27 minutes ago, sariris said:

Why would a small festival like UPark (based on what has been said here) change dates because of a band that doesn't have that many fans in that country

"Melnitsa" (ParkLive, UPark promotor) organizes concerts in Ukraine in addition to the Russian ones, just as they often do in Belarus. As I was once told, they buy artists wholesale, they may not even make money in Kyiv, but this scheme works for them because in Russia they have extra profits.

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf when Muse played UPark in 2016, that was on July 8th and took place 2 days after the Chili Peppers played the same festival. Seems to be one of those that hops around in the schedule.

Yes, they started as series of concerts, it wasn't "festival", just 2 concerts plus supports, but last 2 years its more like normal festival.