Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

39 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Totally agree, comparing 2018 with this year - the three lines under the headline slots for all three days are still pretty big acts, whereas this year (especially Wednesday) the names in the headline undercard feel a lot smaller in terms of popularity than 2018 so we could see either a few bigger names displacing the current undercards to a little further down like 2018 did, or smaller but still well known names bulking out the other lines. 

Either way, definitely expecting a substantial announcement in the future, even it does end up being in March or April 

In 2018 they sold 20000 tickets more than 2020, with more expensive tickets.

They are going to put similar groups, in number, to 2018 but in 4 days instead of in 3. 

1 hour ago, Dillar said:

MCR have teased another announcent in 10 minutes. So might be worth watching. 

Screenshot_20200129_162503.jpg

It was worth watching (I cried) but it was just the US Tour dates! No more european dates, and no new music...

Edited by sariris

That's what I've been saying! It's weird... if it's true and there are a couple of dates unannounced, they might be for Mad Cool and Rock Wertcher (both festivals are live nation). And it could explain why they haven't announced them yet!

I still think they're not playing Mad Cool tho...

27 minutes ago, sariris said:

It was worth watching (I cried) but it was just the US Tour dates! No more european dates, and no new music...

More importantly, did they ever announce that Ukraine date, that supposedly ruled them out of MC? 

Weird that they wouldn't announce it at the same time as the Russian date. 

2 minutes ago, Dillar said:

More importantly, did they ever announce that Ukraine date, that supposedly ruled them out of MC? 

Weird that they wouldn't announce it at the same time as the Russian date. 

Nope, they haven't announced anything in Ukraine! There weren't any doubts about the Russian one, but some of us thought that it seemed odd that they were playing there. That festival is too small for what they're doing. + just like you said, it's weird that they didn't announced both dates when they're sister festivals or something like that.

Opel said that they would announce it next monday tho, so... we have to wait and see. Maybe that deal isn't closed and that's why they haven't announced it, so everything could change (again)

1 hour ago, charlb97 said:

Mac Demarco could well be in with a shout for a 'medium' sized act - just been announced for Green Man in Wales in August and is playing in Finland shortly before that.

Nothing else scheduled between April and those dates... 

Would love it if he was there! One of the best and funnest gigs I’ve been to. Still hoping for Local Natives as well and Fontaines DC.

3 hours ago, xydroh said:

@opel any other MCR announcements Monday or just the Ukraine festival?

I know only about the Ukrainian one. They’re waiting to announce the whole day lineup. Moscow decided to post just MCR.

Hope is nice but yours is somewhat misplaced here, I’m afraid. 

Also rumored for Russia are Deftones, Sum 41 and maybe Slipknot, so you could probably cross those off

It's okay!

I'm still a bit bitter about the MCR situation but it's not our fault I guess... it's a shame tho bc I've been searching around and people were really excited about this. Not that it would be a total lose for them because they're selling great, but they will lose a lot of people who was willing to buy tickets for the festival only to see MCR 😕 it's sad, we've been waiting for so long... but just like I said, Spain doesn't get bands like MCR that easily. I still don't know why.

BUT I'M SURE WE'LL GET TWO GREEEEEEEEEAT HEADLINERS FOR FRIDAY!!!

7 hours ago, sariris said:

It's okay!

I'm still a bit bitter about the MCR situation but it's not our fault I guess... it's a shame tho bc I've been searching around and people were really excited about this. Not that it would be a total lose for them because they're selling great, but they will lose a lot of people who was willing to buy tickets for the festival only to see MCR 😕 it's sad, we've been waiting for so long... but just like I said, Spain doesn't get bands like MCR that easily. I still don't know why.

BUT I'M SURE WE'LL GET TWO GREEEEEEEEEAT HEADLINERS FOR FRIDAY!!!

I'm starting to give up on new big names for 2020.

Jazebel said in Rock Werchter thread, that they won't get any further headlines (maybe a second name besides The Strokes), Roskilde, Main Square or Open'er also haven't announced someting in a while......

The Deichbrand Festival in Germany in mid July (about 50.000 attenders) had like 6 medium sized headliner in 2019, but this year, they only could grab 2 and it doesn't seem that they can announce another bigger name.

I guess Tame Impala are the last name for the June/July season that is yet to come.

So maybe you are getting Post Malone (is he still free in early July?) and/or Tame Impala or some smaller names.

Could Woodkid be an option for this? he plays Melt! Festival on the saturday I think.

Or Maybe MC shares Gwen Stefani with Cruilla just like Placebo....

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I'm starting to give up on new big names for 2020.

Jazebel said in Rock Werchter thread, that they won't get any further headlines (maybe a second name besides The Strokes), Roskilde, Main Square or Open'er also haven't announced someting in a while......

The Deichbrand Festival in Germany in mid July (about 50.000 attenders) had like 6 medium sized headliner in 2019, but this year, they only could grab 2 and it doesn't seem that they can announce another bigger name.

I guess Tame Impala are the last name for the June/July season that is yet to come.

So maybe you are getting Post Malone (is he still free in early July?) and/or Tame Impala or some smaller names.

Could Woodkid be an option for this? he plays Melt! Festival on the saturday I think.

Or Maybe MC shares Gwen Stefani with Cruilla just like Placebo....

There are plenty of names out there, I think every bodies worrying or over thinking. Leeds & Reading have only announced one act so far, Does this mean they're struggling?. MC will/would of had plenty of headliners lined up, I'd be surprised if they ALL fell through.

5 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I get that, but aren’t they ruled out already?

They play in Moscow the day after the date they were rumoured to play MC. That rules them out as far as I am concerned. Not getting MCR is fine by me, i will live, but its the hole it now leaves open as to who could fill that slot that worries me. Dreading a piss poor act that I cant stand.

8 minutes ago, sariris said:

We should stop talking about MCR, they're not coming, so...

Why are we worrying though? Mad Cool already has a great lineup, let's just wait and see!

I'm sure they'll make a stop in Spain come 2021 when we likely get a European arena tour. Feel very sorry for you as I know how hyped you were getting.

• Like 1