Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Just now, Matt42 said:

I think the only one is upset is the one who took time out of their day to take a shot. You were upset at the “authority vibe”.

Its you who has no idea about anything. You must just be having a boring day or something and you want to take shots on the Internet. Take a break maybe?

Just let it go man :D We enjoy the inside info you and the other provide. We know that until something isn't official it can be changed at any second 

Anyway, all rumours related to festivals must be taken with a grain of salt. Things change from one day to another and not even the best source can give certain info about any band.

I also heard the 'MCR not headlining in Europe' from a reliable source but in the end things haven't worked out. I don't know why.

Anyway if you don't believe it you can see it for yourself as we had a Strokes leak here two months ago, now they are not in the line up after their tour announcement but nobody wants to assure that they will not play in this festival.

• Like 2

Who knows, maybe Mad Cool made it work somehow and the two missing dates are Mad Cool and Rock Wertchter... (but yeah, I'm just speculating here)

I laughed at that “and 99% Spain will be there” though. Not that many artists come to Spain for their european tours... especially bands like MCR. Fall Out Boy's last visit was in 2014, P!ATD's in 2016, etc etc etc. It's not that they don't want to, it's just that negotiations with Live Nation don't work out...

17 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Shamelessly stolen from the MCR megathread on reddit, as stated by @Hook above, please take with a pinch of salt: (Yes i did a CTRL+F for spain)image.png.e03c4e2f66006b61e4b61ef0422f6cec.png

Google Translate said that they will play 6 show in Mainland Europe, now we have only 4, plus maybe Kyiv

https://www.eventim.de/artist/my-chemical-romance/

Edited by qz3
upd

If you compare 2020 to 2018, given that was the last time they had 7 stages, I think it's reasonable to assume there's a few more mid level acts to come as well...

Granted 2018 was an incredible year for bands being in Europe but the THU/FRI/SAT numbers at the moment are 24, 13, 19 compared to 34, 36, 38 on the final 2018 poster... also acts like Fleet Foxes, MGMT and Rag'n'Bone Man started on the second line in earlier posters for 2018 and ended up being moved down as the line up became more filled.

I'm not suggesting we'll see the likes of tame impala, kasabian, post malone and nine inch nails on the second line which looking back seems absolutely ridiculous, but there's a lot more of the poster to come because we're on about 3 acts per stage at the moment.

MAD COOL 2018.jpg

• Like 1

So....................after all of the anger and torment and who,s playing furore and anxiety and finger pointing and bitterness and meanness and speculating over the last 3 weeks and 30 pages..................... are we saying 

MCR and The Strokes 

Pahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

So....................after all of the anger and torment and who,s playing furore and anxiety and finger pointing and bitterness and meanness and speculating over the last 3 weeks and 30 pages..................... are we saying 

MCR and The Strokes 

Pahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

No... that's not what people are really saying at all. Most are speculating one or both has pulled out.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think the only one is upset is the one who took time out of their day to take a shot. You were upset at the “authority vibe”.

Its you who has no idea about anything. You must just be having a boring day or something and you want to take shots on the Internet. Take a break maybe?

Was just pointing out you know no more or less about the situation than anyone else in this thread and you are not in-the-know whereas your initial post suggested you were.

No idea why you're patronisingly suggest I take a break, that may be advice you want to take for yourself tho 🙂

28 minutes ago, AAlex said:

If you compare 2020 to 2018, given that was the last time they had 7 stages, I think it's reasonable to assume there's a few more mid level acts to come as well...

Granted 2018 was an incredible year for bands being in Europe but the THU/FRI/SAT numbers at the moment are 24, 13, 19 compared to 34, 36, 38 on the final 2018 poster... also acts like Fleet Foxes, MGMT and Rag'n'Bone Man started on the second line in earlier posters for 2018 and ended up being moved down as the line up became more filled.

I'm not suggesting we'll see the likes of tame impala, kasabian, post malone and nine inch nails on the second line which looking back seems absolutely ridiculous, but there's a lot more of the poster to come because we're on about 3 acts per stage at the moment.

I'd be hopeful of more good names too.

The clashfinder in 2018 had 121 (40, 40, 41 per day).

In 2019 over 3.5 days, it was 111 (16, 32, 32, 31)

This year we have 4 days at 100 (21, 28, 23, 28)

It's not 100% accurate as the odd band are missing - but pretty close.

As they're selling all four days as full days, you'd assume we'd be looking at approx 30 a day minimum, especially as they're spreading them over 7 stages. That would leave around 20-30 acts to come, which matches up with their final announcement last year, and in 2018.

At this date in 2018, there was still another 31 act announcement to come (Feb 6th), which had Dua Lipa. Underworld, Post Malone, Jet, Ben Howard and Paul Kalkbrenner, so, while it may not reach the 40 a day of 2018, I'd expect another good announcement with some well known non-headline names.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

As they're selling all four days as full days, you'd assume we'd be looking at approx 30 a day minimum, especially as they're spreading them over 7 stages. That would leave around 20-30 acts to come, which matches up with their final announcement last year, and in 2018.

At this date in 2018, there was still another 31 act announcement to come (Feb 6th), which had Dua Lipa. Underworld, Post Malone, Jet, Ben Howard and Paul Kalkbrenner, so, while it may not reach the 40 a day of 2018, I'd expect another good announcement with some well known non-headline names.

Nice work! Also worth noting 2019 had 6 stages on the main days and 4 on the 'opening party' not 7 which explains the lower number, obviously not an exact science because certain acts will play shorter/longer sets... but that put 2018 at an average of 40 acts per day and 2020 has 25 so plenty more to come, whether that's acts noteworthy or worth waiting for we'll have to see!

4 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

I get people are annoyed at the headliners (me too I decided against MCR at Milton Keynes for it) but nothing was announced from the festival.

THAT,S THE POINT,

MC never announced that combo, it,s all out of speculation, solid but plain speculation,  it,s not bad, but don,t forget the reality, fellas.

In fact: What about TRAVIS for MC?😁

18 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Looks like that little Mad Cool show they keep advertising is today? So at least that puts an end to me excitedly seeing Mad Cool with an insta story only for it to be about Sports Team and some other bands I dont know 

They have advertised Sterophonics shows too so surely that's a nod to them being announced in the next wave?

Edited by jonnytee1

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

Totally agree, comparing 2018 with this year - the three lines under the headline slots for all three days are still pretty big acts, whereas this year (especially Wednesday) the names in the headline undercard feel a lot smaller in terms of popularity than 2018 so we could see either a few bigger names displacing the current undercards to a little further down like 2018 did, or smaller but still well known names bulking out the other lines. 

Either way, definitely expecting a substantial announcement in the future, even it does end up being in March or April 

17 hours ago, sariris said:

OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYY here's the updated list:

HEADLINERS:

The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Pet Shop Boys
The Weeknd
Lana del Rey
Beck
Arcade Fire
Liam Gallagher

NOT LIKELY:

My Chemical Romance
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Guns n Roses
Queen + Adam Lambert
Gorillaz
Rage Against The Machine
Prophets of Rage

UNDERCARD:

Biffy Clyro
The Lumineers
Bastille
The Pretty Reckless
Wallows
Calvin Harris
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Picture This
Rural Zombies
The Sherlocks
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club
Jamie T
LANY
St. Lucia
Fickle Friends
Aluna George
Joan
Larkins
Jorja Smith
Wilco
Vetusta Morla
All Time Low
Kraftwerk
Fontaines DC
Badbadnotgood
Idles
Loyle Carner
The Growlers
Men I Trust
Slowthai
Working Men's Club
Masego
PREP
Channel Tres
Ty Segall
Murder Capital
Inhaler
Girl Band

Tbh, I'm loving this. I'll keep updating the list from time to time based on what we talk here, so we can check what bands we were right about once MC make their last announcement.

Where did some of the names on this list come from? I'd be very happy with Jamie T, BBC and Fontaines on the undercard.

Haven't heard any rumours about Jamie T being back on the scene circulating though

3 minutes ago, 5thtimer said:

Where did some of the names on this list come from? I'd be very happy with Jamie T, BBC and Fontaines on the undercard.

Haven't heard any rumours about Jamie T being back on the scene circulating though

A lot of them were me just speculating and suggesting names of acts I like. I also included bands that hadn't toured in a while (Jamie T) or that had tours going on (The Sherlocks & BBC)