Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

19 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

@Degu - didn't you say it was 7 stages? I think I recall that a while ago.

7 yes, but the second line is probably closed, in my opinion.

Maybe they have 30 groups including 2 headliners and the others are third line groups down. they will also have the band contest with 2 or 3 bands per day. 

17 minutes ago, Degu said:

7 yes, but the second line is probably closed, in my opinion.

Maybe they have 30 groups including 2 headliners and the others are third line groups down. they will also have the band contest with 2 or 3 bands per day. 

But friday has 5 second-line artists and the other days have 4... they could still add at least one second-line artist to one of the days.

My bet is on 25 names or so + 2 headliners + band contest

And yes, bands were The Strokes and MCR.

16 minutes ago, Degu said:

The sale of partners of mad cool closes on the 31st of this month.

What does “sale of partners” mean? Like... they can't negotiate with any more bands/artists beyond that date or...?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looks like Mad Cool got incredibly unlucky. Lost strokes to prim and got caught in MCR’s falling out with Live Nation.

which is weird here is that ticketmaster/livenation is running their uk gigs... so I still don't understand that “falling out with livenation” concept.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m hearing more that mad cool lost their Friday headliners over Christmas.

😂 it's just speculation like everyone else is doing, you aren't in the know.This has also been said in this thread about 20 times already.

No-one really knows atm re The Strokes, they might still be in negotiations who knows. You also assured us MCR were playing Coachella and MC but not headlining either a few weeks ago lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, sariris said:

But friday has 5 second-line artists and the other days have 4... they could still add at least one second-line artist to one of the days.

My bet is on 25 names or so + 2 headliners + band contest

And yes, bands were The Strokes and MCR.

What does “sale of partners” mean? Like... they can't negotiate with any more bands/artists beyond that date or...?

Stay grounded. No way it's nearly 30 more babds. The line up is stacked. Realistically it's the third line for Wednesday and the two headliners on Friday and maybe a couple others sprinkled in. I think at best 12ish more names including headliners , half of which won't be very well known. 

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

😂 it's just speculation like everyone else is doing, you aren't in the know.This has also been said in this thread about 20 times already.

No-one really knows atm re The Strokes, they might still be in negotiations who knows. You also assured us MCR were playing Coachella and MC but not headlining either a few weeks ago lol.

Hi, if you go back on my posts you can see that the “not headlining” point was clarified in the context of Coachella not for all of their dates.

I don’t feel like I have to explain myself to someone on the Internet. But if you get frustrated at reading stuff like this online maybe this place isn’t for you? Enjoy your day.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, sariris said:

Cage the elephant, london grammar are bigger than tove lo or parcels. 

The doubt is on wednesday. 

Edited by Degu

Really, stop getting nervous/annoyed/angry about what we're saying here. We don't know ANYTHING about what's going on with Mad Cool. I'm personally just playing around, it doesn't mean that what I'm saying is/will be true.

That being said: I don't care if they announce 30 names, 20 names, 10 names, or just both headliners bc I'm happy with what we already have. Again: we don't know!! I could be wrong, you could be wrong, there's no need of bad answers, let's just enjoy speculation.

I get people are annoyed at the headliners (me too I decided against MCR at Milton Keynes for it) but nothing was announced from the festival. If they were announced and then cancelled that would be a totally different matter. Now I just hope whoever they come up with is the same quality of acts and not some late replacement. 

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hi, if you go back on my posts you can see that the “not headlining” point was clarified in the context of Coachella not for all of their dates.

I don’t feel like I have to explain myself to someone on the Internet. But if you get frustrated at reading stuff like this online maybe this place isn’t for you? Enjoy your day.

It's the air of authority you speak with as if you know something others don't which is irritating.

Pretty sure you said not headlining at MC but cba going back to check, either way it turned out wrong anyway.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it is more so that many people are always posturing on these kind of forums. Some might have some actual information from a credible source and others just piece together things they hear via forum speculation in a bid to sound like they know something others don't. I don't know you or how credible your source is so I take you for your word. I am hoping the losing The Strokes part is not dead in the water and can be salvaged though. Without them, its a major blow to my interest when other major European festivals have them. Ill continue to wait and see. Fingers crossed 😃

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's the air of authority you speak with as if you know something others don't which is irritating.

Pretty sure you said not headlining at MC but cba going back to check, either way it turned out wrong anyway.

I get you are irritated but no point in pointing the finger. Loads of info came out since Matt dropped the MCR info. Things happen and unfortunately are subject to change. I think the forum is a much better place when people pass on what they hear in the first place even if it turns out false.    

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

And it’s fantastic we have you here to gatekeep and shut down anyone who passes on anything. It’s really you that makes the forum a lovely and welcoming place and much better with you here.

Keep at it mate!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And it’s fantastic we have you here to gatekeep and shut down anyone who passes on anything. It’s really you that makes the forum a lovely and welcoming place and much better with you here.

Keep at it mate!

You didn't pass on anything Matt, you've said something that has been said a million times in this thread and you are not in the know.

If you had a track record of providing solid info it would be different but you don't. Didn't mean to upset you just pointing out this wasn't news you gave us.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

You didn't pass on anything Matt, you've said something that has been said a million times in this thread and you are not in the know.

If you had a track record of providing solid info it would be different but you don't. Didn't mean to upset you just pointing out this wasn't news you gave us.

I think the only one is upset is the one who took time out of their day to take a shot. You were upset at the “authority vibe”.

Its you who has no idea about anything. You must just be having a boring day or something and you want to take shots on the Internet. Take a break maybe?