Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Post Malone wasn't a headliner in 2018, right? If he's back I don't think he would be a headliner... I might change him to the small names list. Why would he repeat + be a headliner? Wouldn't it be a “waste”? It's not that MC needs to sell too many more tickets, but... why him when they could get someone who has never played the festival for a headlining spot?

I like him, my brother would be thrilled to see him, but I want to be realistic 😕 I can see him coming back if he's around in July, but not to be a headliner...

Just now, charlb97 said:

ahh fair point. I'd be be over the moon with either really.

in terms of 'smaller' acts to throw in the mix...

Fontaines DC, Idles, Badbadnotgood, Loyle Carner , The Growlers , Men I Trust , slowthai, Working mens club , Masego, PREP, Channel Tres,

Ty Segall.

I think the addition of 2 or 3 of those is highly likely. 

Namely Loyle Carner and Fontaines DC.

I think we will get at least one of either Fontaines DC / Murder Capital / Inhaler / Girl Band from Ireland
I can see IDLES being at MC. Yet to play there, they are active, great under card get and they missed them past two years.
Growlers....yes please! But very unlikely as you rarely see them do festivals over their own shows 
I also would love a bit of Bombay Bicycle Club.  They are touring and have the new album. Would be a cute addition

8 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I think we will get at least one of either Fontaines DC / Murder Capital / Inhaler / Girl Band from Ireland
I can see IDLES being at MC. Yet to play there, they are active, great under card get and they missed them past two years.
Growlers....yes please! But very unlikely as you rarely see them do festivals over their own shows 
I also would love a bit of Bombay Bicycle Club.  They are touring and have the new album. Would be a cute addition

Getting both Idles and Fontaines would be amazing. Murder capital would also be a nice addition. 

I feel like Bombay are a really good shout for a sub spot! 

Getting incredibly worried about clashes now though haha

14 minutes ago, sariris said:

Post Malone wasn't a headliner in 2018, right? If he's back I don't think he would be a headliner... I might change him to the small names list. Why would he repeat + be a headliner? Wouldn't it be a “waste”? It's not that MC needs to sell too many more tickets, but... why him when they could get someone who has never played the festival for a headlining spot?

I like him, my brother would be thrilled to see him, but I want to be realistic 😕 I can see him coming back if he's around in July, but not to be a headliner...

If he plays Mad Cool, he'll headline of course. No way he would accept anything lower than that. I don't like him, but he became one of the biggest artists in the world since 2018.

Agree it would be pretty soon for a return, but if they struggle to find someone else (if it's true that The Strokes and MCR pulled out) and they need another headliner, I can see it being him (maybe even alone, without another co-head). He definetly became bigger in the last two years and is touring with a new album, so why not?

6 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Guns N Roses just announced a show in Scotland at end of June so they ARE around Europe at the time of MC!

Sorry to disappoint but if Post Malone plays  -  he headlines. Although i quite like his new album (which is not my usual taste)

No guns, exclusive date in 2020 for Sevilla. 

Rage Against The Machine just announced an American festival date at the end of June with a lot of MC acts playing as well (Billie, Khalid, Cage The Elephant etc.)

Even though Prophets Of Rage headlined last year, could this even be a slight possibility? It’d be insane!

5 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I'm at the point now where MC is so stacked, any addition just adds to it. its still mental we have 2 more headliners to add. 

Yep!! I'm already struggling with the fact that I won't be able to see every artist that's on my list...

28 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

RATM would be an absolute dream but I doubt we’d get them. Part of me still thinks we might get Blink as a last minute addition

Blink-182 is playing in Ohio that weekend so... 😕 (https://inkcarceration.com/lineup/) They might be playing on July 12th, but I think they haven't announced anything in Europe. I'm sad bc I like them a lot.

I wouldn't expect RATM either.

Edited by sariris
  • Like 1