Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 hours ago, sariris said:

Of course they won't headline, that's why they're on the small names list hahaha

I mean the page before you suggested them as headliner if they were struggling lol

My personal hope is Strokes and the Weeknd for the last two. I know there's some fans here but glad it isn't going to be MCR.

Also, if they are struggling to find a replacement/s then wouldn't rule out it just being one headliner still to come...

I am failing understand why Mad Cool are "struggling" and need to scramble to get a new headliner ha. We dont't know anything other than we are waiting for an announcement like hawks so we think they are delaying due to our own eagerness and creating our own narrative. They have announced far far more than most other festivals. For all we know they have everything all sewn up and just being chill. Time will tell I guess but things are definitely looking good in oppose to bleak. It is fun to guess who we shall get but I think everything is gunna be aaaaalright 😃

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slix_Trix said:

I am failing understand why Mad Cool are "struggling" and need to scramble to get a new headliner ha. We dont't know anything other than we are waiting for an announcement like hawks so we think they are delaying due to our own eagerness and creating our own narrative. They have announced far far more than most other festivals. For all we know they have everything all sewn up and just being chill. Time will tell I guess but things are definitely looking good in oppose to bleak. It is fun to guess who we shall get but I think everything is gunna be aaaaalright 😃

It's pretty obvious that MCR was who they had planned and they've gone with other fests.

As for the Strokes who knows yet.

I don't think they'll be doing their own show here... not a lot of artists come to Spain for their european tour :( They would have been great for Mad Cool, but I don't think they would sell out in, for instance, Wizink Center (around 13k) I hope they do though. I need to see them live at least once in my life.

And yes, I think we'll wait a couple of months to find out. In 2019 the last announcement came out sometime in April I think. Even though it really depends on the artist's announcement agenda. If one of the headliners wants Mad Cool to announce them, for example, this friday, they will have to do so. So.......................... we don't know anything. They could announce both headliners tomorrow, next week, next month... They always say "soon", but HOW SOON?

55 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Here's a suggestion from left field: Kraftwerk

I thought that was a possibility but I am not sure how it would fir with the vibe of Mad Cool. 

Don't get me wrong  - the show is immense and they are legends but i just cant see it. 

I'd be happy though!

Guns n Roses announcing a date for Glasgow Green later on today (info from work). Could they possibly be the final headliner? They're signed up with Live Nation, would pull a huge crowd, we know Mad Cool have the money for them and it seems they're open to playing festivals (Pinkpop). They don't have a Madrid date on their tour and we know they're in Europe till end of June at least (Dublin 27th June). Can anyone give some argument against them?

1 hour ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Here's a suggestion from left field: Kraftwerk

I could see them playing a late night slot but I doubt they would be picked as headliners. At the same time they are a little big to be second line. I would be happy to see them added but I can not really see them as a headliner for MC. Plus, I am seeing them at APE.  With the 3D show, I would imagine that every performance is a carbon copy and there would be little or no difference from one show to another.

So Rolling Loud Miami Have Post Malone and Travis Scott. If there's any crossover between Rolling Loud Miami and Rolling Loud Europe (I'm sure I read this will be Portugal), then Post Malone or Travis Scott could be in Portugal July 8th/9th/10th definitely putting them in the frame for Mad Cool. Or just whoever is headlining the Europe edition is a potential either way.. 

18 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Guns n Roses announcing a date for Glasgow Green later on today (info from work). Could they possibly be the final headliner? They're signed up with Live Nation, would pull a huge crowd, we know Mad Cool have the money for them and it seems they're open to playing festivals (Pinkpop). They don't have a Madrid date on their tour and we know they're in Europe till end of June at least (Dublin 27th June). Can anyone give some argument against them?

If they actually wasted both The Strokes and My Chemical Romance cards, I guess they could go for them as a solo headliner (like PJ in 18). I mean, why not?

I guess it depends on them deciding to have a heritage act or something more mainstream. So far we can't really say, as the day is between Faith No More and Billie Eilish, so you can lean towards both the options without breaking the "storytelling" of the day - not that Mad Cool really cares about this element 

14 minutes ago, Dales said:

I could see them playing a late night slot but I doubt they would be picked as headliners. At the same time they are a little big to be second line. I would be happy to see them added but I can not really see them as a headliner for MC. Plus, I am seeing them at APE.  With the 3D show, I would imagine that every performance is a carbon copy and there would be little or no difference from one show to another.

What about the closing electro-spot on the main stages (i.e Chemical Bros; Major Lazer; Bloody Beetroots...)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

This is most likely one I feel. Although, I would prefer someone other than Liam. I am a fan but I have seen him plenty past few years. He definitely isn't a bad pick when I dread the other names it could be.

Absolutely. It’s a very safe booking. I hope it’s not him but meh, if it is then fine

45 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I think they said that their only gig in Spain would be in Seville (in May)... it's in my city and I'm not able to go so I would be thrilled if they end up being the headliners for Friday, but I can't really see that happening.

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

Liam is playing in Glasgow on the 10th and 11th July so he is out. 

I said the same about the 10th/11th based on Google results...but on further inspection I think those dates just cover the Scottish festival dates and on closer inspection he is just playing the 11th. I may be wrong on this though. He could be playing two nights?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I said the same about the 10th/11th based on Google results...but on further inspection I think those dates just cover the Scottish festival dates and on closer inspection he is just playing the 11th. I may be wrong on this though. He could be playing two nights?

He's only playing the Saturday for sure.

43 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I think due to Primavera. I cant imagine them sharing both Strokes and Tyler....maybe one.

ahh fair point. I'd be be over the moon with either really.

in terms of 'smaller' acts to throw in the mix...

Fontaines DC, Idles, Badbadnotgood, Loyle Carner , The Growlers , Men I Trust , slowthai, Working mens club , Masego, PREP, Channel Tres, Ty Segall.

I think the addition of 2 or 3 of those is highly likely. 

Namely Loyle Carner and Fontaines DC.

Edited by charlb97