Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

12 minutes ago, lukecork said:

They were subs at Beni 3 years ago, they've only grown since then I imagine. Fantastic band, would love & hope to see them there.

They've not grown since then. They've got smaller since 2013/14 at their peak.

12 minutes ago, sariris said:

No rumours on the small names tho (besides Bastille playing FIB and The Lumineers playing NOS Alive)

Feel free to quote and add headliners or undercards!! I'll be re-posting from time to time tho.

Bastille aren't playing beni?

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

Headliners:
The Strokes

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Biffy Clyro  (could be small name too)

Small names:
The Lumineers
Bastille

The Pretty Reckless
Wallows

No rumours on the small names tho (besides Bastille playing FIB and The Lumineers playing NOS Alive)

Feel free to quote and add headliners or undercards!! I'll be re-posting from time to time tho.

Idk why but add The Weekend to the list - I think he's got an album coming and could see him doing a few festivals, and he hasn't toured properly since 2017.

Catfish and the Bottlemen could be another small name. What do people think about these acts:

Picture This, Rural Zombies, The Sherlocks, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Jamie T, LANY, St Lucia, Fickle Friends, AlunaGeorge, joan, Larkins ?? 

One or two from that list would be nice

11 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Possibly...but nothing indicates that. Ive said before and Ill say again, The Strokes have confirmed on their social media every single festival/show they are announced for as soon as news breaks. One by one. Everything EXCEPT Primavera. I doubt they just forgot. It smells more like they will announce their Spanish dates collectively.

Possibly but I really don't know why they would delay announcing the Strokes. 

Pop names won't sell extra tickets I would imagine, swift and Eilish would of moved enough and people won't need another to make their mind up, I think to sell the remaining tickets they would want to announce heavier acts to go along with the last days acts. 

That's my wishful thinking 

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Bastille aren't playing beni?

Bastille are suuuuuuuper rumoured to be playing FIB:

"There was a poster sent to certain people before the first announcement which had more names on it than they initially announced. LG was one of them, he got announced a couple of weeks later. Biffy, 2door, sum41, bastille and a couple of others were on it as well. So they’re all expected in the next announcement."

I guess we could add Sum41 and Two Door Cinema Club to the small name list.

Playing beni usually would mean they are less likely to be playing MC surely?

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

Bastille are suuuuuuuper rumoured to be playing FIB:

"There was a poster sent to certain people before the first announcement which had more names on it than they initially announced. LG was one of them, he got announced a couple of weeks later. Biffy, 2door, sum41, bastille and a couple of others were on it as well. So they’re all expected in the next announcement."

I guess we could add Sum41 and Two Door Cinema Club to the small name list.

Of course they won't headline, that's why they're on the small names list hahaha

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

Are we ruling out the Foos? They only have a few European dates in June but are Canada at the end of July.

I doubt they are easy to get as a last minute replacement but would certainly be a fine addition to any line-up.

What I've read here is that they're playing a few european dates and they've already announced them. Same w/ RHCP. That's why I didn't add them. (I could do it though, it's just a list, it doesn't mean that two of them are going to be the headliners for sure...)

14 minutes ago, sariris said:

What I've read here is that they're playing a few european dates and they've already announced them. Same w/ RHCP. That's why I didn't add them. (I could do it though, it's just a list, it doesn't mean that two of them are going to be the headliners for sure...)

Ahh yes, now you mention it I do seem to remember reading that somewhere on here.

21 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

In my head i still believe we will have the Strokes. Some interesting acts I'd like to see alongside them on an evening

A few mentioned previously include Beck, Pet Shop Boys what about Lana Del Rey is she around? 

The Strokes + Lana Del Rey would be odd, right? It would be the same headlining set as Primavera Sound...

I would add Jorja Smith to the small names (yes, again. She's playing NOS Alive so... it could happen). I would add Pet Shop Boys too, for a headlining spot.

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

Glad I saw this - I went in 2018, and the shuttle was great - we were about 5 mins walk from Plaza de Colon.

Plaza de Castilla is miles away from most hotels - are you then expected to get a night bus?

There were loads of Ubers waiting at Plaza de Castilla but they were so in demand that there was really high surge pricing. We ended up renting those Lime scooters to get back to Chueca where we were staying. It was fun but pretty dangerous tbh, I'd drunk my weight in kalimotxo by that point...

The free an frequent bus to PCastilla  was one of the good surprises of MC19, even there was rumours about a subway opening all night in 8th line. But bus is enough to arrive in 30 minutes to Madrid.

In order to Lineup integration, I, m also confident that STROKES finally will be incorporated, only inconvenient was suspect gossip about bad feelings between band an MC promoters, never confirmed. All the rest of leads (Lineup convenience, dates, NOS, Haim tease, etc) are favorable to Strokes heading to Friday first headliner at MC.

It will be a relief for organizers, cause 2 headliners is dificult to find, even 6 months to Festival, and only one will be easier.

I hope Tame Impala or Arcade Fire will enter the discussion, even PSB will be a sweet surprise as second headline, BBK embargo aside..

Also hope that solid bands like Wilco or Weezer could enter as undercards in the few spots remained.

Let,s see...

5 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

The free an frequent bus to PCastilla  was one of the good surprises of MC19, even there was rumours about a subway opening all night in 8th line. But bus is enough to arrive in 30 minutes to Madrid.

In order to Lineup integration, I, m also confident that STROKES finally will be incorporated, only inconvenient was suspect gossip about bad feelings between band an MC promoters, never confirmed. All the rest of leads (Lineup convenience, dates, NOS, Haim tease, etc) are favorable to Strokes heading to Friday first headliner at MC.

It will be a relief for organizers, cause 2 headliners is dificult to find, even 6 months to Festival, and only one will be easier.

I hope Tame Impala or Arcade Fire will enter the discussion, even PSB will be a sweet surprise as second headline, BBK embargo aside..

Also hope that solid bands like Wilco or Weezer could enter as undercards in the few spots remained.

Let,s see...

Strokes & Arcade Fire combo would be niiiiice. That would be my top pick. I won't hold my hopes that high though. I can't have it all!

31 minutes ago, Guernica said:

There were loads of Ubers waiting at Plaza de Castilla but they were so in demand that there was really high surge pricing. We ended up renting those Lime scooters to get back to Chueca where we were staying. It was fun but pretty dangerous tbh, I'd drunk my weight in kalimotxo by that point...

Can you remember how much it was with the surge pricing or what the surge pricing was?

47 minutes ago, Guernica said:

Hopefully they'll go into town again with the buses. So many more hotels at reasonable prices.

I did ask, and got a reply: "We are still working on our mobility program for Mad Cool Festival. We'll publish soon all the info in social media... Stay tuned! Greetings!"

What "soon" means, I don't know, but hopefully it's a normal kind of "soon" :)