Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

There is a rumour going around that My Chemical Romance cancelled all their live nation dates and split with them to do their own headlining tour.

Rock Werchter and Mad Cool are LiveNation right? I reckon Mad Cool lost both of their headliners (Stokes and MCR) and are sorting a replacement.

Just now, Matt42 said:

There is a rumour going around that My Chemical Romance cancelled all their live nation dates and split with them to do their own headlining tour.

Rock Werchter and Mad Cool are LiveNation right? I reckon Mad Cool lost both of their headliners (Stokes and MCR) and are sorting a replacement.

Yep, that's true. Apparently, It's Coachella's fault... after they cancelled on them, they decided to cancel all the festivals they were negotiating with. I guess they got angry and we paid the price ????? Idk, I'm kind of disappointed, but I'm trying to enjoy what we already have, which is huge.

And yeah, Mad Cool lost both of their headliners. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now.

Not ideal but Post Malone has three announced dates in Europe.. (June 19th, Netherlands, June 25th Denmark, June 27th Sweden) after seeing him briefly at R&L i've got no interest in seeing him again at Mad Cool although he did give a good performance, can't ignore him as a possibility though think there's a good chance he could be one of the missing headliners

4 minutes ago, sariris said:

I think they would have announced them by now...

We might be wrong tho.

I tend to agree, I can't see a reason not to announce if they have them. The thing is if they were after MCR & The Strokes and lost them, how easy will it be to get replacements. I am sure they had a plan B they they did not get their first choices. However, I would assume that most large acts will all ready have there tour/dates/schedules etc fairly mapped out for the next 6 months.

2 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Patience. Just because we are impatient, doesn't make it any less possible they will be announced at a time they feel will have best impact on ticket sales. I have faith

It's not about ticket sales. Mad Cool wanted to announce The Strokes back in november and they couldn't. Why would they wait now? And I can't believe that NOS Alive got to announce them before Mad Cool. This situation is a bit weird.

But you are right tho, this doesn't rule them out at all. It's just less likely to happen.

I'll start with the list:

The Strokes
Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Kendrick Lamar
Bastille (I don't see them as headliners but MC might be desperate if they did lose both headliners)

46 minutes ago, sariris said:

It's been the same drop off point since 2018 and it worked out reaally good! I don't think they're changing it.

You're totally right, but on the 2018 shuttle bus page it also mentions a drop off at Plaza de Colon? and based off of that I booked a central Madrid hotel when I went in 2019. However in 2019 there was no drop off at Plaza de colon, just Plaza de Castilla. Made me realise that it is possible that the stop can change but more than likely it will definitely be Plaza de castilla

5 minutes ago, sariris said:

It's not about ticket sales. Mad Cool wanted to announce The Strokes back in november and they couldn't. Why would they wait now? And I can't believe that NOS Alive got to announce them before Mad Cool. This situation is a bit weird.

But you are right tho, this doesn't rule them out at all. It's just less likely to happen.

The Strokes
Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Kendrick Lamar
Bastille (I don't see them as headliners but MC might be desperate if they did lose both headliners)

I imagine the reason why they didn't announce in November is the same reason they didnt announce last week and the same reason why The Strokes haven't acknowledged Primavera on their social media announcements. It seems to me that PS have worked out a deal to get the head start in Spain. 

36 minutes ago, Guernica said:

You're totally right, but on the 2018 shuttle bus page it also mentions a drop off at Plaza de Colon? and based off of that I booked a central Madrid hotel when I went in 2019. However in 2019 there was no drop off at Plaza de colon, just Plaza de Castilla. Made me realise that it is possible that the stop can change but more than likely it will definitely be Plaza de castilla

Glad I saw this - I went in 2018, and the shuttle was great - we were about 5 mins walk from Plaza de Colon.

Plaza de Castilla is miles away from most hotels - are you then expected to get a night bus?

44 minutes ago, sariris said:

The Strokes
Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick is doing NOS Alive, BBK Bilbao, Open Air Frauenfeld, Wireless Germany and Woo Hah! on that weekend. Already 5 gigs in 5 days (pretty impressive), so he's out.

I think the rest is possible. Maybe add Tame Impala to the list. Can see him coming to Europe in the gap of his US-tour.

I'd point out that whoever the headliners are for Friday  -  the undercard on that day is impressive! The line up so far is already well worth every penny.

It could be that they are just holding back on announcing or it could be that they are seeking replacements -  who knows? 

Either way  -  there isn't a line up as good in the whole of Europe as far as i can see. 

8 minutes ago, spencemonkey said:

Is there a reason nobody's mentioning Black Keys as a possiblity? Heard they were meant to do some European dates this year.

Black Keys wouldn't be a bad guess. I think its the lack of activity that has them over looked. All it takes is one announcement in Europe and they could shoot to the top of the pile

12 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Not so much as a headliner in Spain but Biffy? Seem to be doing gigs and festivals this summer. Personally would be a great co headliner with the Strokes 

They were subs at Beni 3 years ago, they've only grown since then I imagine. Fantastic band, would love & hope to see them there.

Headliners:
The Strokes

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Biffy Clyro  (could be small name too)

Small names:
The Lumineers
Bastille

The Pretty Reckless
Wallows

No rumours on the small names tho (besides Bastille playing FIB and The Lumineers playing NOS Alive)

Feel free to quote and add headliners or undercards!! I'll be re-posting from time to time tho.

Edited by sariris

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I imagine that they lost the Strokes to Primavera. 

Possibly...but nothing indicates that. Ive said before and Ill say again, The Strokes have confirmed on their social media every single festival/show they are announced for as soon as news breaks. One by one. Everything EXCEPT Primavera. I doubt they just forgot. It smells more like they will announce their Spanish dates collectively.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sariris said:

Headliners:
The Strokes

Green Day
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Biffy Clyro  (could be small name too)

Small names:
The Lumineers
Bastille

The Pretty Reckless
Wallows

No rumours on the small names tho (besides Bastille playing FIB and The Lumineers playing NOS Alive)

Feel free to quote and add headliners or undercards!! I'll be re-posting from time to time tho.

Not my cup of tea but Calvin Harris is rumoured to play a slot at Glastonbury. I personally don't think he is headline material....but possibly sub? Just an outlandish guess