Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

Just now, lukecork said:

Possibly, I cant see them coming back in August (end of) to do another show. Although playing 2 MK shows, a Dublin show and glasto!?! i'd be very impressed, they're some impressive numbers right there.

MKBowl is exclusive uk show i think, so they're not playing Glasto.

My big concern here is that ticket sales have been strong so far, so there is not the same need to increase sales by signing big names.

Live Nation have history here of saving a few quid when they can. Electric Picnic completely sells out way in advance of a single name being announced. They don’t spend big bucks for big names here as there is no need to.

Is Mad Cool now in a similar place?

Edited by PintoMcGuinness

1 minute ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

My big concern here is that ticket sales have been strong so far, so there is not the same need to increase sales by signing big names.

Live Nation have history here of saving a few quid when they can. Electric Picnic completely sells out way in advance of a single name being announced. They don’t spend big bucks for big names here as there is no need to.

I get where you're coming from but I think as a new festival in a pretty crowded market and with sales not being as good last year, they will probs go for as big as possible.

It would have a knock on effect in future years if people believe they will have a stacked lineup I think.

1 minute ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

Live Nation have history here of saving a few quid when they can. Electric Picnic completely sells out way in advance of any of a single name being announced. They don’t spend big bucks for big names here as there is no need to.

Good shout, I love the thought of saving the best til last but as you've said this may not be the case.

These last spots could be anybodies, lets hope they get some big names for the friday though.

I'd heard that Tool were meant to be coming to Europe over April/May but they still haven't announced anything. Maybe they have pushed their dates back a little? 

I still have a feeling that Foo Fighters are a good shout and the lack of any Spanish dates from Green Day is a possbile sign that they may play imo.

The only other thing that I come back to is Kendrick. I know he was announced as "exclusive to the region" for BBK but there is nothing on their site now about exclusivity and money talks. 

I do kinda agree with the earlier statements that Mad Cool doesn't need to push the boat out that much. Tickets are selling well, the bill is already amazing and they may hold back on spending too much this year for the Friday. Maybe a Post Malone/ Fall Out Boy combination of meh-ness? 

35 minutes ago, Guernica said:

I went last year and stayed in central Madrid. I definitely won't be doing that again this year, it was a nightmare to get back every night as the festival finishes really late so there's no public transport and the Ubers were pretty expensive. We're gonna try find a hotel near the festival site/ airport this year. It's really easy to travel into and out of central Madrid by public transport during the day, then hoping to just walk back to the hotel or get a quick Uber in the evening. Also staying near Plaza de Castilla is a good shout but i'm not sure if the shuttle transport drop off point has already been announced this year? Hope that helps :)

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply, this really helps. We'll look at getting something closer to the festival then.

Cheers :)

44 minutes ago, Guernica said:

I went last year and stayed in central Madrid. I definitely won't be doing that again this year, it was a nightmare to get back every night as the festival finishes really late so there's no public transport and the Ubers were pretty expensive. We're gonna try find a hotel near the festival site/ airport this year. It's really easy to travel into and out of central Madrid by public transport during the day, then hoping to just walk back to the hotel or get a quick Uber in the evening. Also staying near Plaza de Castilla is a good shout but i'm not sure if the shuttle transport drop off point has already been announced this year? Hope that helps :)

It's been the same drop off point since 2018 and it worked out reaally good! I don't think they're changing it.

17 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

I'd heard that Tool were meant to be coming to Europe over April/May but they still haven't announced anything. Maybe they have pushed their dates back a little? 

I still have a feeling that Foo Fighters are a good shout and the lack of any Spanish dates from Green Day is a possbile sign that they may play imo.

The only other thing that I come back to is Kendrick. I know he was announced as "exclusive to the region" for BBK but there is nothing on their site now about exclusivity and money talks. 

I do kinda agree with the earlier statements that Mad Cool doesn't need to push the boat out that much. Tickets are selling well, the bill is already amazing and they may hold back on spending too much this year for the Friday. Maybe a Post Malone/ Fall Out Boy combination of meh-ness? 

Green Day (or the Hella Mega Tour) isn't coming to Spain bc negotiations with livenation didn't go further. As much as I would love to see Fall Out Boy playing this I don't want to have high expectations...

Just now, Samba123 said:

Just out of interest - how much is the Shuttle Bus back to Plaza De Castilla? And how often do they go back there? 

Booked in Chamartin so was interested what the cost would be. Thanks!

It's free! it takes a few minutes and according to what I've read it works reaaaally good.

And I'm also staying in Chamartin, great place to stay!!!

Third MCR UK date added as I found out from work, if this sells out I wouldn’t be surprised to see them add the Friday 19th in there too! Mental if they manage that. 

Regarding Glastonbury I could possibly see them doing a secret set on their travels as they’re around but it won’t be a scheduled set.

Possibilities for MC now are wide open, have we considered The Who coming back? Will be on their tour around the same time and new album seems to have got a good reception...

CE17FD37-0C16-4AFF-9BC8-7120EC9DB3DE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Samba123 said:

Just out of interest - how much is the Shuttle Bus back to Plaza De Castilla? And how often do they go back there? 

Booked in Chamartin so was interested what the cost would be. Thanks!

free. they go often enough so you don't feel like you are waiting. 

6 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Possibilities for MC now are wide open, have we considered The Who coming back? Will be on their tour around the same time and new album seems to have got a good reception...

Do they have any shows in June/July? As far as I can see, they are only playing UK (March/April) and US (April/May) in 2020.