Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

4 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Looks like they've changed their plans to standalone/BST type of headlining shows.

I'm tilted. 

They went from "We want to headline Coachella" to "Okay, it's fine to headline Volt and sell our greedy asses to eastern festivals instead of the main circuit for a bag of cash", and then release press interview where they say that it is not about the money

Might give up on Bologna as well, as the whole thing looks like a cashgrabbing parade right now, and not the kind I'm too keen to take part to.

8 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'm tilted. 

They went from "We want to headline Coachella" to "Okay, it's fine to headline Volt and sell our greedy asses to eastern festivals instead of the main circuit for a bag of cash", and then release press interview where they say that it is not about the money

Might give up on Bologna as well, as the whole thing looks like a cashgrabbing parade right now, and not the kind I'm too keen to take part to.

To be fair, both Way and Iero had extensive solo tours in both Russia and Ukraine when everybody else gave up on them. This kind of fanatic following might be the factor.

9 minutes ago, opel said:

To be fair, both Way and Iero had extensive solo tours in both Russia and Ukraine when everybody else gave up on them. This kind of fanatic following might be the factor.

Way with 300 people in Kyiv or Iero at 15 on Atlas Weekend with really small crowd? 

I do not know how many will come to their performance in Kyiv, maybe a thousand ?. At that time everyone else will be on 21pilots

4 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Unless they're preparing for the ultimate work horse shift of the year..... Ukraine>Spain>Russia three days on the bounce hahaha

Wish they could do that, but it's crazy hahaha nah, they're officially not coming to Mad Cool.

It's sad bc I also see this as a money move rather than going to the places where they have more fans, so I'm a bit disappointed.

12 minutes ago, opel said:

That or the fact that eastern promoters are forced by the low palatability of their festivals and the territorial distances to propose higher and higher cachets. 

Plus the fact that they require an headliner status that nobody that really matters in the circuit is up to give it to them, may those be Coachella, Mad Cool or Rock Werchter, makes the demand of the band non-sense and the whole reason of the reunion highly suspicious.

I mean, I'm okay that almost any reunion is a cash cow event, but at least don't make it so obvious.

Just now, sariris said:

Wish they could do that, but it's crazy hahaha nah, they're officially not coming to Mad Cool.

It's sad bc I also see this as a money move rather than going to the places where they have more fans, so I'm a bit disappointed.

I agree, I know in Germany they're music sold well but their albums still didn't crack the top 50's. I assume it'll be similar results from places like Russia, Ukraine & Hungary

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I agree, I know in Germany they're music sold well but their albums still didn't crack the top 50's. I assume it'll be similar results from places like Russia, Ukraine & Hungary

True that, even the strokes still aren't set in stone but seem odds on. It would be mental if they got Queen in, I cant see it but atm it's making the most sense with them being in Madrid. I'm honestly lost who could be headlining now.... maybe a rapper?

Hi All,

First year attending the festival and just looking for some advice on accommodation if anyone could assist?

I understand that there's a shuttle bus that goes as far as Plaza De Castilla. Is this the furthest away that you should stay? Or is it possible to get back into the city from Plaza De Castilla using Uber or public transport? There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of options near PDC but seems to be a lot more the closer you get to the centre of Madrid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm hoping to get a accommodation organised asap.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, DanCarey20 said:

Hi All,

First year attending the festival and just looking for some advice on accommodation if anyone could assist?

I understand that there's a shuttle bus that goes as far as Plaza De Castilla. Is this the furthest away that you should stay? Or is it possible to get back into the city from Plaza De Castilla using Uber or public transport? There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of options near PDC but seems to be a lot more the closer you get to the centre of Madrid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm hoping to get a accommodation organised asap.

Thanks

Eye up some accommodations, use the uber app to give you a price for transport from accom to festival?

9 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Why everyone here considered them as headliners? I remember Ken19 said multiple times that MCR are not headliner material for any big european festival.

Edited by Jancker19

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

True that, even the strokes still aren't set in stone but seem odds on. It would be mental if they got Queen in, I cant see it but atm it's making the most sense with them being in Madrid. I'm honestly lost who could be headlining now.... maybe a rapper?

God no, please not a rapper. Unless it's 2Pac.

We will be taken by surprise, but I don't have the best feeling about what kind of surprise it's gonna be.

41 minutes ago, Guernica said:

So to put all the recently announced dates in order:

June 20th, 21st - England

June 23rd - Ireland

July 1st - Hungary

July 4th - Italy

July 6th - Germany

July 11th - Russia

am I missing any?

These are the officially confirmed dates so far, not sure where the others are from that don't match?

image.png.687db1af0a18a44444d099479e659b91.png

I went last year and stayed in central Madrid. I definitely won't be doing that again this year, it was a nightmare to get back every night as the festival finishes really late so there's no public transport and the Ubers were pretty expensive. We're gonna try find a hotel near the festival site/ airport this year. It's really easy to travel into and out of central Madrid by public transport during the day, then hoping to just walk back to the hotel or get a quick Uber in the evening. Also staying near Plaza de Castilla is a good shout but i'm not sure if the shuttle transport drop off point has already been announced this year? Hope that helps :)