Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

I dont know anything about MC, but i do spend a lot of time with promoters / music media in Austria & Slovenia, so i can share some of the stuff I know from them, maybe it will be helpful to you guys :

Foo F - they should have a new record out late 2020, with bigger touring in 2021. This summer they will only do a smaller number of shows in Europe. Something like 7-8 shows maximum. Apparently its June only.

RHCP - if I understood right, the announced shows are the final ones, new album later this year, more touring in 2021.

THE STROKES - they will definitely play a lot of shows in June / July this year, some 7-8 more shows are to be announced, at least.

MCR - nobody has any info / clues, the hardest thing to guess. From what i learned, they change plays almost every week. It all went downhill after their fallout with Coachella, they were confirmed for that, something happened, they dropped out. Rumour is Goldenvoice (promoter) decided to go with RATM, they only wanted to have 1 rock day, and then they (promoter) cancelled on MCR and went with RATM instead, betting thats the more popular reunion. It ruined their (MCR) US tour, that was planned in Arenas around Coachella. They will apparently put 3rd UK show on sale next week, and if that sells out, i mean thats really crazy. Thats something like 90,000 tickets in total. Crazy. They will definitely be here late June and early July, but from the people i asked, nobody knows any confirmed shows.

It's seem to me like reasonable info, ergo:

1- STROKES + MCR combo at MC2020 remains untouched

2 - 2021 will be an sparkling year, with FF and RHCP both obvious and welcomed targets for MC2021

A few suggested Muse to fill in the missing Teenage Cancer Trust headliner on March 28th. Not sure what they could do to differentiate it from the Princes Trust benefit they did in December 2018 just after Simulation Theory was released, although I like the idea of it being an Origin of Muse show with lots of Showbiz/Origin that I saw suggested elsewhere.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

A few suggested Muse to fill in the missing Teenage Cancer Trust headliner on March 28th. Not sure what they could do to differentiate it from the Princes Trust benefit they did in December 2018 just after Simulation Theory was released, although I like the idea of it being an Origin of Muse show with lots of Showbiz/Origin that I saw suggested elsewhere.

Whoa dont put ideas like that in my head!! I got my brother Blossoms tickets for us both to go in manchester that day! 

Would love the idea of some smaller shows later in the year - that 2015 academy tour was immense 

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Whoa dont put ideas like that in my head!! I got my brother Blossoms tickets for us both to go in manchester that day! 

Would love the idea of some smaller shows later in the year - that 2015 academy tour was immense 

Tbf that was more a suggestion I saw on a fan page. I'm only convinced its gonna be a thing if its confirmed its happening, though it would be cool - I enjoyed Origin in full at Reading in 2011, and as below, I went to a Psycho Tour gig in 2015 and thought it was great, and I'm still irritated I missed the Shepherds Bush by request show in 2017. But equally, there's every change that 28/03 TCT RAH slot could be somebody else so until its confirmed, no point getting carried away. Hell, if Gorillaz are coming back, that could be a shout for that date. Or The Who given Roger Daltrey's involvement in these gigs.

One of the MCR megathread mods just told me to wait until tomorrow to be sure about everything so I guess the european tour will be announced tomorrow.

Even though the source on the rumours about them playing Ukraine/Russia seems legit they're literally changing their minds everyday, soooooo... let's wait until tomorrow!