Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

56 minutes ago, sariris said:

I'm so sorry :( Is there any artist that you also wanted to see? If not, keep in mind that nothing is official until Mad Cool announces the headliners!!!

Yes, there are many great bands that i want to hear, but MCR was the trigger.

Hope that Mad Cool will add good headliners on 10.07, Foo Fighters will be great for me :)

Just now, sariris said:

One of my friends has suggested Bastille. Idk if they would be headliners but me and my brother would love to see them playing this...

They definitely wouldn't be headliners, but it's possible - they played in 2016 so enough of a gap. Only thing is that they'll be undercards for sure, and do you reckon we've already got the allotted number of undercard acts? 

36 minutes ago, Dales said:

The way MCR tease and mess around on social media, I doubt we will find out any thing concret for a while.

Moscow should be announced this Monday, and Kyiv - Monday after that. If they won’t mess it up, of course

Edited by opel

1 minute ago, opel said:

Yeah, and it’s gonna be the same day as twenty one pilots on Atlas, but it’s the only date MCR could give them before weekend date in Moscow 

As for ukrainian,  for me its so strange that they choose to play in Ukraine instead of Spain and Belgium. MCR have never been popular in Ukraine, when Gerard Way was in Kyiv with solo show in 2015, there are was 200-300 people in 5000 capacity club. 

But as i know, UPark is just an addition to Parklive, where are this promotor have big money.

As far as i understand UPark is still unprofitable and the crowd was not so big last year.

4 minutes ago, clasher said:

So MCR will do plenty of solo shows across Europe? If not, there's absolutely no reason they'd pick Ukraine and Russia over Mad Cool/Werchter etc. other than money and I seriously doubt Parklive can fork out significantly more than Mad Cool...

Russian promoters always pay more than European ones 

18 minutes ago, opel said:

Russian promoters always pay more than European ones 

Sure, and for a reason.

My point isn't that Parklive pays less, it's that I still find it hard to believe that it payed enough for MCR simply choosing them over big european festivals solely because of money. That their booking agency allegedly cancelling euro festivals must mean a string of their solo shows across the continent. 

I hope I made myself clearer.

Considering many had MCR down for this - and I was one, I add - doing Kyiv/Moscow instead is a big twist.

So one wonders if they must be trying to find somebody else. I presume one of the Friday slots is for The Strokes given they're at NOS Alive that week and there's nothing to stop somebody doing both Mad Cool and Primavera in Barca, but maybe that could be a red herring as well. I would've thought Foos were likelier than RHCP of the big name acts, but who knows.

Presumably there'll be movement on this soon enough.

11 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

We get a fair bit of information here at Ticketmaster! Wish i worked for Ticketmaster Spain then i'd get information about Mad Cool cos its a Live Nation festival, ah well, at least i can give you info on any UK stuff haha

I know this is the wrong thread, but any chance you have info on Reading and Leeds? The lack of headliners is driving people insane. It wouldn’t surprise if there’s some overlap in headliners between Mad cool and  R and L

The panic has well and truly started now hasn't it haha, all it took was for one to come in and say MCR are playing in Russia and Ukraine and its like it's set in stone and thats that haha. The beauty of speculating in forums I suppose! Lets just hope MC are saving some big names for last, they've certainly added a lot of pressure for themselves considering MCR seem to be the must have band at the moment. I'm sure there are plenty other bands out there that'd do just a great job, I'd love Biffy Clyro or Muse but both have been so quiet, Foo fighters are always active and have said their 2020 will be super busy. All we can now is sit back and watch the rumours until something official is announced. I just cant wait for July now!

6 hours ago, lukecork said:

The panic has well and truly started now hasn't it haha, all it took was for one to come in and say MCR are playing in Russia and Ukraine and its like it's set in stone and thats that haha. The beauty of speculating in forums I suppose! Lets just hope MC are saving some big names for last, they've certainly added a lot of pressure for themselves considering MCR seem to be the must have band at the moment. I'm sure there are plenty other bands out there that'd do just a great job, I'd love Biffy Clyro or Muse but both have been so quiet, Foo fighters are always active and have said their 2020 will be super busy. All we can now is sit back and watch the rumours until something official is announced. I just cant wait for July now!

I did wonder if Muse could be tempted out for a one-off but Matt Bellamy said there's not really plans for them to do a big tour this year. So maybe MC 2021 is likelier for them. Biffy Clyro have been strangely quiet given they're meant to be working on a new album, though equally I didn't think they were big enough to do a festival headline spot at a place like this.

Foos did play this in 2017 but they've got June shows on and have been strangely quieter since announcing their first wave of performances. Which makes me wonder if they might just have a smaller wave of performances.

11 hours ago, Rock_Cycle said:

I know this is the wrong thread, but any chance you have info on Reading and Leeds? The lack of headliners is driving people insane. It wouldn’t surprise if there’s some overlap in headliners between Mad cool and  R and L

tbh mate we've not heard anything, by the sounds of things there has been a lot of issues with contracts and stuff. Usually they announce acts way before Christmas, lg was only announced because they were forced to because he announced it himself haha

No real reason to worry about lack of headliners yet imo. If I were Mad Cool and I had both The Strokes and MCR secured, I also would sit confidently on it for awhile and let the rumour mill drum up hype and speculation. Ticket sales are going good by looks of it. They can afford to be coy. We may be confusing logic with our impatience.  I am keeping faith 🙏😃

39 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

tbh mate we've not heard anything, by the sounds of things there has been a lot of issues with contracts and stuff. Usually they announce acts way before Christmas, lg was only announced because they were forced to because he announced it himself haha

Cheers, hope they get it sorted soon haha

9 hours ago, lukecork said:

And we don't even know if that information is completely true, actually! I think we should just wait until those festivals announce MCR or Mad Cool announces other headliners. Mad Cool has a good lineup already, I'm sure they won't let us down.

I dont know anything about MC, but i do spend a lot of time with promoters / music media in Austria & Slovenia, so i can share some of the stuff I know from them, maybe it will be helpful to you guys :

Foo F - they should have a new record out late 2020, with bigger touring in 2021. This summer they will only do a smaller number of shows in Europe. Something like 7-8 shows maximum. Apparently its June only.

RHCP - if I understood right, the announced shows are the final ones, new album later this year, more touring in 2021.

THE STROKES - they will definitely play a lot of shows in June / July this year, some 7-8 more shows are to be announced, at least.

MCR - nobody has any info / clues, the hardest thing to guess. From what i learned, they change plays almost every week. It all went downhill after their fallout with Coachella, they were confirmed for that, something happened, they dropped out. Rumour is Goldenvoice (promoter) decided to go with RATM, they only wanted to have 1 rock day, and then they (promoter) cancelled on MCR and went with RATM instead, betting thats the more popular reunion. It ruined their (MCR) US tour, that was planned in Arenas around Coachella. They will apparently put 3rd UK show on sale next week, and if that sells out, i mean thats really crazy. Thats something like 90,000 tickets in total. Crazy. They will definitely be here late June and early July, but from the people i asked, nobody knows any confirmed shows.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I dont know anything about MC, but i do spend a lot of time with promoters / music media in Austria & Slovenia, so i can share some of the stuff I know from them, maybe it will be helpful to you guys :

Foo F - they should have a new record out late 2020, with bigger touring in 2021. This summer they will only do a smaller number of shows in Europe. Something like 7-8 shows maximum. Apparently its June only.

RHCP - if I understood right, the announced shows are the final ones, new album later this year, more touring in 2021.

THE STROKES - they will definitely play a lot of shows in June / July this year, some 7-8 more shows are to be announced, at least.

MCR - nobody has any info / clues, the hardest thing to guess. From what i learned, they change plays almost every week. It all went downhill after their fallout with Coachella, they were confirmed for that, something happened, they dropped out. Rumour is Goldenvoice (promoter) decided to go with RATM, they only wanted to have 1 rock day, and then they (promoter) cancelled on MCR and went with RATM instead, betting thats the more popular reunion. It ruined their (MCR) US tour, that was planned in Arenas around Coachella. They will apparently put 3rd UK show on sale next week, and if that sells out, i mean thats really crazy. Thats something like 90,000 tickets in total. Crazy. They will definitely be here late June and early July, but from the people i asked, nobody knows any confirmed shows.

Interesting info. Thanks you! 

40 minutes ago, Andrej said:

seems reliable as i mentioned about MCR 3rd uk gig yesterday in this thread cos we got info about it at ticketmaster so im gonna assume all this is correct. 

Interesting about  foo fighters only doing a few concerts this year though, because they put a big thing on social media about this year being their 25th anniversary and theyre gonna make it huge, so i would have thought theyd do ALOT this year rather than 2021. Link below:

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/1217122689619353601?s=20

51 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Did anything about Muse come up? A total year off or one or two select dates?