Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Liam’s doing TRNSMT on the 11th, and has no Spanish dates on his European tour by the looks of it. Think he’s next in line.

My mistake. I only quickly googled his dates and it said 10th. LG would not surprise me but I am always skeptical of an artist(s) travelling to another country the very next day for a performance. Usually there is at least a day in between....but not impossible. I am a fan of LG but not my first pick.

1 minute ago, Slix_Trix said:

My mistake. I only quickly googled his dates and it said 10th. LG would not surprise me but I am always skeptical of an artist(s) travelling to another country the very next day for a performance. Usually there is at least a day in between....but not impossible. I am a fan of LG but not my first pick.

Don’t worry - I had to check myself! Easy mistake to make.

agreed on all points though. I’d see him, but I wouldn’t be raving over him. However I feel a lot of people will be in the same boat

I feel they know the headliners will be weak, they are holding them back so people who have had false hope lose patience and book,... Some of us with strokes and my chem have doneso and it doesn't matter if we are disappointed then 

3 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Halsey travelled from Barcelona to Paris right after the concert (I mean, she left the concert and went straight to the airport) back in 2016... so yeah, sometimes they do that!

9 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Liam’s doing TRNSMT on the 11th, and has no Spanish dates on his European tour by the looks of it. Think he’s next in line.

he has a HUGE contract with Live Nation, could definitely see him here as he's headlining most other Live Nation festivals (R&L, Latitude, TRNSMT etc)

Just now, pryce said:

I feel they know the headliners will be weak, they are holding them back so people who have had false hope lose patience and book,... Some of us with strokes and my chem have doneso and it doesn't matter if we are disappointed then 

I think they really got The Strokes and My Chemical Romance but they pulled out... and maybe they can't find new headliners for this (or at least they did but, like you said, they're too weak and have decided to drop them along with the other names they've left)

6 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

i know its a big name, but have we considered Queen + Adam Lambert? playing in madrid 7th and 8th july so could stick in madrid for it at a push haha

they're not playing festivals 😕 I mean, I would love to see them but after what happened with MCR I want to be realistic from now on...

Is Tame Impala ruled out? Can see him doing a bunch of european festivals (Rock Werchter, Roskilde, Opener, Mad Cool and NOS Alive) in his US-tour break. 

I know he played in 2018, but he has a new album and headlined Coachella since then haha. And APE didn't announce him as a european exclusive, only UK-exclusive.

1 minute ago, Oleksii said:

There is another big festival in Kyiv 7-12 July. Atlas Weekend. It would be really strange decision to make MCR concert at these dates

yes, its really strange decision, but as i know, promoter of UPark (Kyiv) and Parklive (Moscow) not as concerned about attendance in Kyiv,  as in Moscow, Kyiv always just an addition to Moscow

14 minutes ago, qz3 said:

Already have a ticket to Mad Cool, a ticket to Madrid and booked a room, decide mostly because of strong MCR rumours.

And Im from Kyiv, where they will be instead Mad Cool. 

Winer the biggest idiot of the year :)

Oh no... I'm so sorry :( Is there any artist that you also wanted to see? If not, keep in mind that nothing is official until Mad Cool announces the headliners!!! (same applies to UPark or Park Live... remember what happened w/ Coachella, everybody was 100% sure that they were playing there and they are not, they could also pull out... They got together recently so negotiations might be ongoing)

The way I see it there is not a lot to suggest MCR are playing Mad Cool and also not a lot to suggest they are not. Maybe things are different in Ukraine/Russia but why would the Ukraine festival change its dates after announcing them? The logistics must be crazy.

I totally believe that Park Live in Moscow have another weekend  but at the  moment I have not seen when that is and who is playing. All, I know is that MCR have 2 dates in Milton Keynes plus some dates in Australia & Japan. The way MCR tease and mess around on social media, I doubt we will find out any thing concret for a while.

So for me MRC/The Strokes are as likely or as unlikely as any one else to play. Although, the talk around LG does seem convincing and so it would not surprise me if he was one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oleksii said:

There is another big festival in Kyiv 7-12 July. Atlas Weekend. It would be really strange decision to make MCR concert at these dates

Yeah, and it’s gonna be the same day as twenty one pilots on Atlas, but it’s the only date MCR could give them before weekend date in Moscow