Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

9 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I can see both sides of the coin, I have a feeling it may happen but as you said, it'd take the spotlight away from the uk sell out. It might influence some people to get tickets though. Oh look they just dominated the UK in seconds, why not join the party.

Well I'm having an MCR party for one in the office right now after getting MK tickets so if they're at Mad Cool too it'll be quite the day! 

39 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

That guy in the thread earlier was right!

We get a fair bit of information here at Ticketmaster! Wish i worked for Ticketmaster Spain then i'd get information about Mad Cool cos its a Live Nation festival, ah well, at least i can give you info on any UK stuff haha

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

if RW are announcing I can see MC picking their own time so people aren't getting overwhelmed.

I think its just more wishful thinking at this point! Previously people have made the case that MCR don't have a lot of influence over mainland Europe so people getting overwhelmed might not be an issue. 

38 minutes ago, lukecork said:

if RW are announcing I can see MC picking their own time so people aren't getting overwhelmed.

Mad Cool seem to have their own schedule - dropping 20-30 names at a time when they are ready. Last year they announced the final 28 names on 10th April, and that included five headline/second line names, as well as Cat Power, Parquet Courts, Johnny Marr, Perry Farrell  and plenty more further down the line up.

It's like Primavera, who announce pretty much the whole line up in one go - not sure why we'd expect them to do it differently and start dropping single names. The only reason I can imagine is if sales weren't going well, and considering they've reduced capacity considerably this year, and the line up is still impressive, I can't see that being the case.

• Upvote 2

Were they lacking main headliners last year tho? one thing is announcing secondliners and some small names in one day, which is normal in this case... but a lot of people aren't getting tickets for mad cool because they're waiting for the strokes + my chemical romance. Waiting until april would be a total loss for them if both bands announced other european dates...

Mad Cool aren't going to make an announcement every time another festival says boo. Each organisation does their own thing really. Mad Cool announced looooads pre Christmas while it didn't encourage RW and others to awake from their slumber. There isn't really a reason for them to announce more right now. July is a good bit off and they will want to keep a few aces up their sleeve to sustain hype. 

But thats me being logical. Personally I am greedy and want all the names now...so I can briefly get amped, quickly move on and then demand another hit of more bands. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

By all accounts, sales are going very well.

If they made a poster with The Strokes on it though, they clearly planned to announce them pre xmas so dunno why they wouldn't announce them if they had them booked.

I reckon The Strokes were planned to be a part of that announcement with The Killers &  Kings Of Leon as they belonged to that clue that preceded the announcement. Plenty could have happened. Anything from as simple as The Strokes telling Mad Cool hold off until a later date due to other contractual obligations, to Mad Cool unprofessionally jumping the gun and losing the contract. Who knows. There is no reason to suggest The Strokes won't play. Could be a tactical reshuffle of announcement plans is all.

9 minutes ago, sariris said:

Were they lacking main headliners last year tho? one thing is announcing secondliners and some small names in one day, which is normal in this case... but a lot of people aren't getting tickets for mad cool because they're waiting for the strokes + my chemical romance. Waiting until april would be a total loss for them if both bands announced other european dates...

Prophets of Rage were a headliner that weren't announced till April 10th.

I think this is more like an expectation thing... every time they tweet, someone is asking for the headliners. And they ALWAYS say “soon” (since last month actually). I wouldn't take april as soon + the people who runs the mcr megathread on reddit said that Mad Cool would be announcing them this month... idk 😕

1 minute ago, sariris said:

I think this is more like an expectation thing... every time they tweet, someone is asking for the headliners. And they ALWAYS say “soon” (since last month actually). I wouldn't take april as soon + the people who runs the mcr megathread on reddit said that Mad Cool would be announcing them this month... idk 😕

I overthink too much of what they say on social media. That's just pleasing the punters. However its good to know about the MCR reddit thread! 

Well, no announcement today.

What I know is that MCR is following some kind of pattern for their announcements (important dates in the wheel of witches or something like that). Next important date is January 31st/February 1st. That's why I know that Mad Cool can't announce them whenever they want, they have to announce them when MCR tell them to do so or else they will break their thing.

5 minutes ago, sariris said:

Bueno, no hay anuncio hoy.

Lo que sé es que MCR está siguiendo algún tipo de patrón para sus anuncios (fechas importantes en la rueda de las brujas o algo así). La próxima fecha importante es el 31 de enero / 1 de febrero. Es por eso que sé que Mad Cool no puede anunciarlos cuando quieran, tienen que anunciarlos cuando MCR les dice que lo hagan o de lo contrario romperán sus cosas.

and possibly there they announce the strokes with mcr

Guys, bad news... yesterday I made a reddit account to ask if MCR was still playing Mad Cool and this is what I've been told:

What I'm hearing right now says they're pulling out of all their Goldenvoice festival dates, including Mad Cool. I don't want to say this is definite though because it's all hearsay about backroom drama going on with the band. In other words, carry on with the current info that they are playing Mad Cool, but don't make any decisions until an official announcement comes.

...*sighs*

I don't know what we should expect anymore 😕 It's weird tho, bc Mad Cool has nothing to do with Goldenvoice...

Just now, sariris said:

Guys, bad news... yesterday I made a reddit account to ask if MCR was still playing Mad Cool and this is what I've been told:

What I'm hearing right now says they're pulling out of all their Goldenvoice festival dates, including Mad Cool. I don't want to say this is definite though because it's all hearsay about backroom drama going on with the band. In other words, carry on with the current info that they are playing Mad Cool, but don't make any decisions until an official announcement comes.

...*sighs*

I don't know what we should expect anymore 😕 It's weird tho, bc Mad Cool has nothing to do with Goldenvoice...

Is this a reliable source though ? Everyone should take everything they read regarding rumors with a pinch of salt. If it happens it happens if not, the world goes on. I'll be seeing them in June but i would love to see them at MC also.

4 minutes ago, sariris said:

...*sighs*

image.png.969400c3ae555c0759e411b28afaa34d.png

If The Strokes are playing, the only thing that's a bit strange about Mad Cool holding off announcing them at this stage is that, if you are a die-hard Strokes fan specifically looking to go to a festival with The Strokes playing, you might well choose to buy a Nos Alive ticket rather than Mad Cool.

Perfectly possible that Mad Cool just don't think that will have a significant enough impact to require them to make an announcement now, of course. 

Another possibility is that it was agreed that Primavera would get a head start for Spain for a few weeks (but perhaps on the basis that The Strokes wouldn't do any social marketing re. Primavera until Mad Cool was also announced)?

Edited by stuartasmith85

Yep, I asked right after I realised that! (+ I didn't get the notifications of the other message tho) Let's see what secretlynotfaith says about it...

+ It's a reliable source because everything they say ends up being true. Secretlynothfaith is the one who told me that MCR would be announced by MC in January, if they are saying now that they might have pulled out... ugh, i don't know, I want to keep my hopes high tho.