Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It seems strange that Primavera got to announce them last week but at least 3 other festivals had to wait until today to do it.

Primavera announced Arctic Monkeys a day earlier than other festivals in 2018 as well. They have some kind of an exclusivity since they only announce their full lineup in one announcement.

2 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Primavera announced Arctic Monkeys a day earlier than other festivals in 2018 as well. They have some kind of an exclusivity since they only announce their full lineup in one announcement.

The AM situation was due to IDLES leaking the lineup, not a exclusivity deal. 

1 hour ago, Slix_Trix said:

Rock Werchter posted at 12:51 that they are announcing something at six. Strokes are all but confirmed to be doing a chunk of European festivals.....fingers crossed MC shares them with PS

so we have best kept secret teasing for 17:31, rock werchter for 18 and nos alive for 17:30 (portugal time, 18:30 in the timezone of bkk and werchter)

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

so we have best kept secret teasing for 17:31, rock werchter for 18 and nos alive for 17:30 (portugal time, 18:30 in the timezone of bkk and werchter)

No, all these festivals are teasing for 18:00. BKS will probably do some talking before the announcement (they did that with the last one, didn't they?), that's why they teased for 17:51 (apart from obvious Strokes reference).

1 minute ago, bananaa52 said:

I will eat my eat if it is not The Strokes for all of the above. 

BKS - Teased 17:51 (which is 12:51 in New York & a song off second album) and also left blank spaces that fit their name
RW - Posted a clock set a 6 o clock (and they posted it at 12:51)
NOS - Seem to be just announcing at 5pm for the laugh (probably the time The Strokes will post all the dates)
Mad Cool - Silence

3 minutes ago, mln said:

No, all these festivals are teasing for 18:00. BKS will probably do some talking before the announcement (they did that with the last one, didn't they?), that's why they teased for 17:51 (apart from obvious Strokes reference).

17:51, sorry you're right! yeah must be something to announce at 18.

3 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Are we assuming The Strokes will play Friday at RW? That could still mean 10th July for RW

RW ends few days before MC. Shouldn't impact Strokes playing MC Friday 10th...I would be worried that its likely Strokes will play NOS Alive on the Saturday 11th. That would be the night after Friday at Mad Cool by a band that has not performed two consecutive nights in a looong time. But then again, this is supposed to be a proper tour for them so if thats the case, its not impossible 

19 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I will eat my eat if it is not The Strokes for all of the above. 

BKS - Teased 17:51 (which is 12:51 in New York & a song off second album) and also left blank spaces that fit their name
RW - Posted a clock set a 6 o clock (and they posted it at 12:51)
NOS - Seem to be just announcing at 5pm for the laugh (probably the time The Strokes will post all the dates)
Mad Cool - Silence

I laughed out loud when I read that "Mad Cool - Silence" I guess they are too cool to say something (?) let's see what happens @ 6 p.m... if they don't announce them, what should we expect? 😕

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

I laughed out loud when I read that "Mad Cool - Silence" I guess they are too cool to say something (?) let's see what happens @ 6 p.m... if they don't announce them, what should we expect? 😕

The Sound of Silence.

It's Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel (The Ultimate Reunion)

6 minutes ago, pryce said:

I don't think it will happen now, they love a tease especially If everyone else is doing it. 

The lack of teasing does worry me also. They did just post something unrelated which makes me even more worried. Could just be a normal day in the office for them 

They didn't tease the last announcement, they just dropped it. And they're suspiciously quiet today... like, they ALWAYS tweet something either at 12:00 p.m or at 2:00 p.m and they haven't done anything today, just a tweet at 10 or so... I've my notifications on for their tweets and it doesn't look like a normal day, trust me